MLB '11 off-season Thread (Hot Stove!)

I don't mean to depress you, but Rickey Henderson never even sniffed this kind of money.

I meant "if Ricky Henderson played today" that's the only lead off man that should be paid that much money.

Official that Cliff Lee back to the Phillies.

Best. Offseason. Ever?

Official that Cliff Lee back to the Phillies.

Best. Offseason. Ever?

I was thinking that the other day...the Red Sox are having an awesome winter and the Yankees have signed no one. However I have this terrible feeling I'm going to wake up one morning to find that the MF'n Yankees traded 2 minor leaguers, a pouch of big league chew, and a dirty sock to the Cardinals for Pujols.

ROY HALLADAY
CLIFF LEE
ROY OSWALT
COLE HAMELS
(insert warm body here)

FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

Lee for 5 years, option for 6.

Last edited:
Screenshot2010-12-14at55148AM.png

happy-face_happyface_smiley_2400x2400.jpg

First time in the history of sports agents where there actually was a "mystery team". :lol:

Soooo likelyhood of a Phillies-Red Sox world series?

Amazing.

The Yankees get shafted out of the Grienke sweepstakes too, not that they didn't have a shot anyway, since he'd go there and go insane.

So, can we do a keeper league in Fantasy this year?

Yes. We need to set up something (and early too), I'm off to bootcamp in march.

I'll see if anybody in the store wants play, as well.

I'm up for a keeper league, but I fear it just won't work here. There was a ton of inactivity last year, half the league basically gave up a few months in, and no one was willing to make a trade of any kind... doesn't bode well for a keeper league at all. Don't get me wrong though, I'm perfectly content out-drafting you guys, scouring the waiver wire for gems, and thoroughly kicking ass. :p Perhaps a deeper league would make things more interesting for everyone?

I can't wait any longer!

Last edited:
I'm up for a keeper league, but I fear it just won't work here. There was a ton of inactivity last year, half the league basically gave up a few months in, and no one was willing to make a trade of any kind... doesn't bode well for a keeper league at all. Don't get me wrong though, I'm perfectly content out-drafting you guys, scouring the waiver wire for gems, and thoroughly kicking ass. :p Perhaps a deeper league would make things more interesting for everyone?

I can't wait any longer!

That was because last year 2 or 3 guys had just retardedly successful teams. It was over by the end of April, and everyone knew it... fucking year of the Pitcher.

That was because last year 2 or 3 guys had just retardedly successful teams. It was over by the end of April, and everyone knew it... fucking year of the Pitcher.
Exactly what I'm talking about... complete and utter bullshit. :p

There's only one reason some teams were more successful than others: effort. Koenig was in last place to begin the season and climbed all the way up to 2nd by actually playing the freaking game. Fantasy leagues are never over early unless people start pouting and give up before the All-Star break. You can't throw in the towel and then bitch for an entire season. <_<

I'm not sure what the "year of the pitcher" had to do with it, but there were certainly plenty of valuable arms available. ;)

There was the top 2 teams were loaded with pitchers iirc, they had just an ungodly amount of points compared to everyone else.