MLB '11 off-season Thread (Hot Stove!)

Dave Niehaus, long time Mariners voice, died this afternoon. I am genuinely shook up at his passing. Damn...

Fly, fly away Dave.

I'm only familiar with Mr. Niehaus through the N64 game "Ken Griffey Jr's Slugfest" but I played that game a loooooooooottttt. He'll be missed.

"Get out the rye bread and mustard, Grandma, it is grand salami time!"

NL Silver Sluggers:

P Yovani Gallardo
C Brian McCann
1B Albert Pujols
2B Dan Uggla
3B Ryan Zimmerman
SS Troy Tulowitzki
OF Ryan Braun
OF Carlos Gonzalez
OF Matt Holliday

AL Silver Sluggers:

C Joe Mauer
1B Miguel Cabrera
2B Robinson Cano
3B Adrian Beltre
SS Alexei Ramirez
OF Jose Bautista
OF Carl Crawford
OF Josh Hamilton
DH Vladimir Guerrero

:D

Well that was a foregone conclusion...

Roy Halladay wins second Cy Young

NEW YORK -- Roy Halladay of the Philadelphia Phillies has unanimously won the NL Cy Young Award, making him the fifth pitcher to earn the honor in both leagues.

I like the sound of this tidbit. I`ve always been impressed with both Upton brothers and would love to see Justin in a Red Sox uniform.

USA Today's Bob Nightengale introduced the idea of Upton as a trade candidate on Monday, and the rumors took off yesterday. Today, Nightengale says the Yankees' offer for Upton has fallen short but the Red Sox remain engaged. Diamondbacks GM Kevin Towers described the Upton trade talks as "people kicking the tires right now."

I like the sound of this tidbit. I`ve always been impressed with both Upton brothers and would love to see Justin in a Red Sox uniform.
I still don't see him going anywhere, unless someone severely overpays.

Anyway, looks like the Cubs won't have much money to work with this off-season, so say goodbye to Dunn, and hello to.... Berkman.... Overbay? Why, God, why?

Seattle has a ton of nice things.

Ichiro... the moose mascot... the train noises... uh...

KING FELIX WINS THE CY YOUNG
It's good to see Ws don't carry as much weight as they used to with the voters.

...and where the hell have you been? Hop in every now and then, will ya? :D

Anyway, I'm trying to stay optimistic, but this Cubs off-season is extremely depressing already... so much bullshit. :(

lets get back to talking about the World Series champs now :p

Huff returns to Giants, agrees to two-year $22 million deal with a club option in 2013. This is a great move since we now have a legit 1B for next season and we can try to work in Brandon Belt and move them around from OF to IF since we know Huff can play some OF now.

....balls....

The Tigers added a middle of the order bat today, reaching an agreement with catcher Victor Martinez on a four-year, $50MM contract. Martinez was widely regarded as the best offensive catcher available, though he may see significant time as Detroit's designated hitter.

Seattle has a ton of nice things.

Ichiro... the moose mascot... the train noises... uh...

the volcano's, Interstate 5...oh, my bad, you said "nice things". lol, seattle is a wonderful place. i actually have trouble thinking of bad things about it.

you must admit, the train noises are a wonderful part of an awsome ballpark