MLB '11 off-season Thread (Hot Stove!)

I don't see anything that tells me he couldn't go down as a Chicago great.
Sadly, the Cubs traded him, along with all five of his precious tools, to Baltimore... what were we thinking!?!

Also, you know better than to get all sarcastic with me coming from the great baseball city of Seattle. :p

Last edited:
We're allowed to be cynical about sporting excellence. After all our three professional championships were either won in the WNBA or are presently in a trophy case somewhere in the dust bowl.

If you want a good read TTW try to find a story about how Griffey Jr. retired. Sad story :(

Ah, yeah. I heard a lot of his teammates resented the way he went about retiring.

Damn it.

#Marlins and Javy Vazquez agree on one-year contract pending physical, source confirms to FOXSports.com. #Miami #Yankees #Braves #MLB

I would have loved Vasquez on a one-year deal. :(

Last edited:
It's just sad that the atmosphere within the organization led to one of the greatest ball players in history to just get into his car and drive home.

I regret to inform that Juan Uribe has died.. I mean joined the Dodgers :p. Sad to see him go as I will miss the Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-ribe chant that he picked up from his uncle but it good to see the cash strap Dodgers overpay for an old bench player.

Holy shit! :eek:

Rox about to resign De La Rosa...

Source: #Rockies, De La Rosa close on three-year deal. Same agents as Tulo.

....aaaaaannnnnd re-sign Tulo to a FUCKING MASSIVE EXTENSION:

Sources: Rockies shortstop Troy Tulowitzki is closing in on a new mega-deal that could be as long as 10 years. He is already signed through the 2013 season, with an option for 2014, and the new deal, when completed, will encompass the remaining years on his old contract.

Tulo's getting paaaaaiiiiiiiiid! Goddamn! I'm not sure why the Rox are rushing this as he's still locked up for an incredibly cheap price, but at least we won't be seeing him in a NY or BOS jersey anytime soon. :D

Edit: 7 yrs/130mil?

It will be $130Million for Tulo over 7 years. De La Rosa deal will be either two or three years. Still working through it. $30 M if 3 yrs

Last edited:
:

Tulo's getting paaaaaiiiiiiiiid! Goddamn! I'm not sure why the Rox are rushing this as he's still locked up for an incredibly cheap price, but at least we won't be seeing him in a NY or BOS jersey anytime soon. :D

P.S. Ned Colletti........

God knows we could use a long term solution at SS, it has been a revolving door since we traded Nomar. In no particular order we have had Jed Lowrie, Marco Scutaro, Yamaico Navarro, Orlando Cabrera, Edgar Renteria, Alex Gonzalez, Nick Green, Julio Lugo, Alex Cora, and Pokey Reese... I want Hanley Ramirez back. :(

Ron Santo passed away Thursday night. :(

It's a real shame he was never inducted into the Hall during his lifetime; it literally meant the world to him. I've never seen anyone as passionate about the game of baseball as he was. RIP, Ron.

On a lighter, only slightly less depressing note, A-Gon was traded to the Red Sox.

Ughhh. That's a steep price to pay for Gonzalez, but still... that sucks. :p

Last edited:
On a lighter, only slightly less depressing note, A-Gon was traded to the Red Sox.

Ughhh. That's a steep price to pay for Gonzalez, but still... that sucks. :p

I'm bummed about losing Kelly, but I super excited to see what kind of damage Gonzalez can do inside Fenway. I'm also a little bummed that this move insures that Adrian Beltre will sign elsewhere. I'm just glad this deal only cost us prospects, I thought for sure the deal required Ellsbury at least.

The Red Sox will be a fun team to watch next year if the pieces fall into place.

Gonzalez to the SAWKS fell through apparently.

Oh snap, they couldn't agree on the terms of the extension. Padres are now saying they're done taking offers. :lmao:

I'm sorry. :p

Edit: Werth close to signing with the Nationals? Boston is gonna be wicked pissed!

Last edited:
Werth's deal is worth 7 years apparently.