MMA 2012

Punisher Bass

He who drives a Buick
Car(s)
98 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
Thoughts on 140.

It was a real lackluster card tonight. I had a feeling something was going to happen to Fitch, but I didn't expect it to happen in 12 seconds. Anyone saying Diaz should be fast tracked to a LW title shit needs to shut the fuck up. Brock looked scared and just all around terrible, it makes me wonder if he was just there to pickup one last pay check. Whenever Overeem and JDS fight, I'll be going with JDS this time.

Duplicate threads?

I posted my topic first, but PB has appointed himself Moderator of MMA and created this topic to undermine the one I created.

What is there between you two? Sheesh...

They just really wanna roll around on the floor together "fighting"...:wicked:

If I was to do that with anyone, it would be (in my dreams) Gina Carano.

We just have a friendly rivalry, mostly based on our particular biases towards certain fighters etc.

Oh and PB, you can't go changing horses to JDS, I've supported him since day one, you sir a bandwagon jumper, stay on the losing side for your picks for his fights. :p

Also weren't you gonna have the threads merged? If that happens put aside your pride and allow my post to be first, since I did post an MMA 2012 thread before this one was created.

Well considering my knees are shot and LC has one friggin leg, I think it would be mostly contested standing up. :p

If I was to do that with anyone, it would be (in my dreams) Gina Carano.

We just have a friendly rivalry, mostly based on our particular biases towards certain fighters etc.

Oh and PB, you can't go changing horses to JDS, I've supported him since day one, you sir a bandwagon jumper, stay on the losing side for your picks for his fights. :p

Also weren't you gonna have the threads merged? If that happens put aside your pride and allow my post to be first, since I did post an MMA 2012 thread before this one was created.

You're going to make me go into excuse mode aren't you? Alright then.

JDS is still nothing more than hype, and his train is coming off the rails via Uberknee to the ribs. JDS is SO overrated, he couldn't knock out Nelson or Carwin, and the only reason he beat Shane was because he was coming off MAJOR RECONSTRUCTIVE BACK SURGERY AND A YEAR LONG LAYOFF AND TAKING THE FIGHT ON SHORT NOTICE! If he fought Mir, he'd suffer the same fate as Big Nog did. He also has big goofy looking ears.

Being totally serious, I admit I underestimated him before, but I don't see Overeem posing much of a threat, that being said my track record with picking main events has been abysmal so what the hell do I know.

As for the thread merge, I've been busy with some important LeMons stuff the last few days, once the 2012 FGR thread is posted I'll ask Q to merge them and lock the 2011 one while he's at it.

I'm sure there's a fair bit of air brushing going on here, but she really got herself back in shape, I just wish she'd quit pretending like she's actually going to get back in the cage, either do it or not.

gina-carano-03.jpg

gina-carano-04.jpg

UFC 142 is in a few days and I have to say it doesn't hold much appeal for me outside of the co-main event, so I'll be doing coin flip pics once again. This time the coin is a 1971 US 50 cent piece, maybe I'll have better luck with this one.

Gabriel Gonzaga vs Ednaldo Oliveira - I'm surprised they've brought Gonzaga back and hopefully he'll get to finish out his new contract, that is if he remember he has a black belt hanging in his closet. I think the main reason he's back is so he can provide fresh matches for most of the low tier HW's. He and Kongo would make a great tag team as The Gatekeepers.

That being said, the coin says Oliveira but I'm picking Napao.

Rousimar Palhares vs Mike Massenzio - After 10 flips it said "heel-hook" each time.

Vitor Belfort vs Anthony Johnson - I love how no matter what happens here, Vitor is still getting to be a coach on the Brazilian TUF, it's another example of Vitor getting opportunities simply because he's "The Phenom". I think they just want Vitor to string together a couple wins so they can get him into another undeserved title shot, and I really hope it blows up in their face. Rumble looks downright scary at 185 and I think his wrestling is enough to hold Vitor down and he has more than enough power in his hands to lay him out if he gets a clean shot in.

Rumble by TKO.

Jos? Aldo vs Chad Mendes - I'd like to see an upset here, but I don't see it happening. I do see another claim that Aldo wasn't 100% heading into the fight to make his victory seem all the more impressive.

The coin says Mendes.

"Anthony Johnson came in 11 pounds overweight for his middleweight debut against Vitor Belfort!"

:lol: That's a lot!

There is no excuse for coming in that heavy, none.

Need I remind of you bitching about Diaz missing weight, one whole time in his career of 30 some odd fights when he was sick. :p

Now here we have Johnson who is still missing weight after moving 15lbs to 185lbs, this is getting ridiculous for him.

Also predictions

Palhares - he's gonna log another win here, hoping for a leglock.
Vitor - I think this a bad fight for Rumble, especially for his first 185 bout.
Aldo - I think he will win, he may move upto 155, looks like his weight cut is getting harder each time.

Need I remind you about Diaz not even bothering to SHOW UP for the weighins or submit to a drug test on the Carano/Cyborg card 2 1/2 years ago?

Diaz has issues with Marijuana, this is well documented.

You gonna be on IRC tonight?

Shit, sometimes I'm so ashamed to be Brazilian. Green lasers being pointed at non-Brazilians fighters...

Shit, sometimes I'm so ashamed to be Brazilian. Green lasers being pointed at non-Brazilians fighters...

Same here.

Soccer fan mentality.

TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMBERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

2.gif

Also, Dana says Johnson will likely be cut, and I have to say that's total bullshit. Yeah there's no excuse for missing weight by as much as he did, but Dan Hardy has lost 4 in a fucking row but he still has a job, Jardine got KOed 4 times in a row before he was cut, Rumble deserves another chance probably at LHW.

First Cyborg, and now King Mo has been popped for steroids. This isn't the first time he's been caught doing something sketchy either, in the match where he lost his LHW title he (along with KJ Noons) was seen sucking on cans of pure oxygen before and between rounds which is not allowed. Nothing ever came of it because A: he lost and B: it took place in Texas where the athletic commission is more or less a joke, they didn't even drug test anyone on the card.