MMA 2012

So 151 has been completely canceled due to Hendo getting an knee injury, and so Jones and Lyoto will rematch at 152. I hope everyone else who was booked on the card will be getting their show and win money for compensation.

Anderson Silva vs George Saint Pierre.

Thoughts?

What in the blue fuck is this shit... Lyoto has backed out and now Vitor fucking Belfort will step in... I'm fucking speechless. I know the UFC loves Vitor, why else would they give him such an easy road to another title shot at Silva along with a TUF coaching spot, but this is fucking bullshit. Welp, I guess Jones will be adding another head to his trophy collection. I expect complete and utter domination, but I can't wait to see how the UFC tries to spin Vitor being not only a top contender but any sort of legit challenge to Bones.

PS. If this wasn't another gifted title shot, I could totally see Vitor coming down with ANOTHER injury of some sort.

Last edited:
How those "catch weight" matches work?

They both keep their titles in their division but have the bragging rights?

How those "catch weight" matches work?

They both keep their titles in their division but have the bragging rights?

Catch weight bouts happen more often than you think, and it's normally because one of the fighters can't make weight in time. Either they just couldn't cut enough when they stepped on the scales (Rampage and Rumble Johnson coming in shamefully overwiehgt for example), or the match is being thrown together on short notice (Franklin/Silva II from a few months ago). Catch weight bouts are treated like any other non title fight, even if both fighters are the champions of their respective divisions.

Thanks. :)

So after two straight losses (despite me feeling he won both of them), Frankie Edgar is getting the next crack at Aldo's 145lb belt. Between this, Vitor getting another undeserved title shot, and Chael almost getting a crack at Jones as well, I'm wondering if the whole damn world has gone crazy.

Dana White is going crazy.
Honestly, I think he just puts the fighter's names in a hat and draws the next title contender.

Not UFC related but i don't suppose anyone might have any idea where i could find a torrent K-1 Rising 2012 from Madrid not in russian? all i can find is russian language torrents and it's killing me

Not UFC related but i don't suppose anyone might have any idea where i could find a torrent K-1 Rising 2012 from Madrid not in russian? all i can find is russian language torrents and it's killing me

That would be illegal, and no one here would ever do anything that would violate any laws, never ever ever ever.

Yeah, last thing we want is the anti piracy cops bearing down on us, so can't help you with that one.

Vitor doen't deserve this, he is a lamb going to the slaughterhouse.

Unless something insane happens, Jones has got this one easily.

When Belfort nearly broke Jones' arm, I must confess I had a bit of hope, otherwise, the outcome is not a surprise for me.

I'll give Vitor respect for nabbing that armbar, but that's it. But he can fuck off for not only saying he was injured coming in (really? no shit, when is ever NOT injured?) but that he just let the arm go. You got beaten from bell to bell by a much better fighter with only one arm, back to 185 and more undeserved high profile fights and title shots for you.

For people saying Jones is exposed and now the key to victory is out in the open, they need to shut up as well. Jones showed the heart and will of a true champion, unlike Vitor, and came back from that submission to utterly destroy Vitor for the next 3 rounds. What's really scary is that Jones is going to keep shoring up the holes in his game, I doubt anyone short of a true BJJ black belt at the HW level will even get close to subbing him after this.

As for Team Alpha Male, this was the 8th title fight loss in a row for them between the WEC and UFC with Faber getting half of them. Since the brass loves Faber in the same way they love Vitor, I wouldn't be surprised if he's allowed to keep building that streak for them.

Last edited:
Agreed.

Jon Jones is impressive, I must admit. I've only seen a few of his fights, but I must say he is VERY good.
Belfort just sitting down after that kick was very anticlimactic.

Agreed.

Jon Jones is impressive, I must admit. I've only seen a few of his fights, but I must say he is VERY good.
Belfort just sitting down after that kick was very anticlimactic.

The UFC has put some of his full fights up on YouTube, I don't know how many, but the ones with Shogun, Vera, and Rampage are up there for sure.

Redliner, here's what I could find.

Jones vs Shogun for the LHW title.

[video=youtube;KYUuHUmDy-E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYUuHUmDy-E&feature=plcp[/video]

Jones vs Rampage for the LHW title.

They had a few others like his smashing of Hamill and Vera, but I don't know why they were removed, they're directly from the UFC.

I will watch them later. Thanks! :thumbsup:

I'm just going to recap some items that have happened over the last week.

Strikeforce has shitcanned their second event in a row after Mir and Rockhold got injured.

Jake Shields has gotten popped for a "banned substance" and will be out for the next 6 months, no word on what it was or why it's only now coming to light 2 months after the fact.

Bisping has apparently been kicked out of Wolfslair and has been using PED's, this is all acording to Rampage so take it with a grain of salt.

Eddie Alverez is probably headed to the UFC after finishing up the last fight on his Bellator contract last night, it will be interesting if he's able to sink or swim like most other transplants in the last couple years.

Lesnar has shut down his Deathclutch camp, leaving Pat Barry without a place to call a home, personally I hope he goes to Greg Jackson's.

I'm not even going to bother making predictions on 153 tonight since they're always content to just make it a series of squash matches to keep the Brazilian fans happy. I expect Fitch and Davis to be the only foreigners to get their hands raised tonight, if anyone else pulls it off I expect there to be a riot.