MMA 2013

Punisher Bass

He who drives a Buick
Car(s)
98 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
Beating LightningCount to the punch for the new yearly MMA thread.

Beating LightningCount to the punch for the new yearly MMA thread.

You know you're starting be an asshole about this. Just make the damn thread and leave my name out of the OP and I'll happily post..

You weren't appointed MMA moderator or anything like that.

You know you're starting be an asshole about this. Just make the damn thread and leave my name out of the OP and I'll happily post..

You weren't appointed MMA moderator or anything like that.

You've been taking things way too seriously lately. Lighten up a bit man, this is all meant to be in good fun, hell I didn't even think about doing a new thread till about 30 seconds before I made it. It's just a forum thread anyway, nothing to get in a twist over.

And better luck next year. :p

Cain/JDS - I was going to swallow my pride this time and pick JDS, and once again I was shown why it's a good idea that I never ever start making bets on the outcome of fights. I expected it to be more competitive this time around, but I didn't see it being a 25 minute domination at the hands of Cain. Credit to JDS for surviving though, but apparently needs to really work on his cardio, he looked like a zombie out there after round 2, and Cain's didn't hold up much better. Still, it's nice to see the HW title getting defended more than once a year, now lets see what horrible thing happens to the champ this time around.

After the first round both were pretty much just waiting for the fight to end.

After the first round both were pretty much just waiting for the fight to end.

I wouldn't say that. While Cain probably has the best cardio in the entire HW division, he clearly doesn't have an endless gas tank like his coaches have been saying for years nor does he have the kind of reserves someone like Edger who can only be momentarily slowed down at best. By heavyweight standards, JDS and Cain both looked like they could run a full marathon soon as the final bell rang. If you ever saw any fight from TUF 10, you'd be amazed at just how badly and how quickly most HW fighters can gas out, out of that entire cast only Schaub and Nelson could go a full 3 rounds without the aide of an oxygen mask, everyone else was exhausted after 30 seconds.

And lets not forget Kimbo vs Alexander at their 215lb catchweight. Remember that Alexander is normally a LHW so he didn't have to cut nearly as much weight for this fight, but that clearly didn't help him out.

mn2elh.gif

Notice how the ref actually facepalms because he can't believe what he's seeing, and this wasn't the only time during the fight when they stopped to catch their breath, I'm surprised the first 5 rows didn't pass out from oxygen deprivation.

I wouldn't say that. While Cain probably has the best cardio in the entire HW division, he clearly doesn't have an endless gas tank like his coaches have been saying for years nor does he have the kind of reserves someone like Edger who can only be momentarily slowed down at best. By heavyweight standards, JDS and Cain both looked like they could run a full marathon soon as the final bell rang. If you ever saw any fight from TUF 10, you'd be amazed at just how badly and how quickly most HW fighters can gas out, out of that entire cast only Schaub and Nelson could go a full 3 rounds without the aide of an oxygen mask, everyone else was exhausted after 30 seconds.

And lets not forget Kimbo vs Alexander at their 215lb catchweight. Remember that Alexander is normally a LHW so he didn't have to cut nearly as much weight for this fight, but that clearly didn't help him out.

mn2elh.gif

Notice how the ref actually facepalms because he can't believe what he's seeing, and this wasn't the only time during the fight when they stopped to catch their breath, I'm surprised the first 5 rows didn't pass out from oxygen deprivation.

I agree completely, but they both seemed unusually tired past the first round. Both seemed to give it all expecting a quick fight. :dunno:

That gif is hilarious, by the way. :lmao:

Redliner, this might make you tear up a little.

jdsface.gif

I saw that, but didn't feel like triple-posting here.

That was indeed quite a beating. I even read about him needing serious medical care after the fight, with rumors of fractured jaw and such.

Eleven days. Eleven days into the new year and we already have not only our first failed drug test, but our second as well. Beltran got popped for roids and Palhares for elevated testosterone levels.

And that should be the end of any talk of Bisping as a title contender. Three times up at bat and he's shit the bed every time.

I was impressed by Vitor.
I expected him to just fail, but he did achieve nice knockdowns with KICKS, a somewhat unexpected technique for him.

Just thought I'd share this with everyone, the UFC has slowly been adding full fights to YouTube, and I just came across this one. Edgar/Maynard III.

Aldo will win tonight, I'll be very surprised if he loses.

Picks for 156

Aldo, but I'm rooting for Edgar.
Evans.
Reem, but I could see this turning out like Bigfoot/Fedor did, what should be an easy lopsided win goes horribly wrong and throws their plans into the shitter.
Fitch, first time I've ever been excited to see a Fitch fight.
McCall.

Thing of beauty.

http://img11.imageshack.**/img11/3527/1359866079738.gif

I thought the scores were wrong in Aldo vs Edgar tonight, Aldo won but not 4 -1, I say 3 - 2.

I thought Frankie won 3-2, but whatever, it is what it is.

Rashad/Lil Nog is easily the worst fight I've seen in a long time, Evans fought like an idiot and should have easily taken this.

I could watch Overeem getting knocked stupid for hours on end, Bigfoot is an odd fighter, he gets his ass kicked a lot but somehow derails hype trains and beats guys you'd think would destroy him. I think Dana needs to keep him away from using him as a softball for people who just need a win, it's backfired twice now between Fedor and Reem.

I didn't think Fitch/Maia would go like that, but I'm not upset at all by the outcome, if Maia can get another victory over another top 10 before the summer, then he has a good claim on getting a title shot before the end of the year, after Hendricks gets his that is.

I thought Frankie won 3-2, but whatever, it is what it is.

No way. I will sound like a Brazilian ass-kisser, but you are out of your mind.
It was possibly a 3-2, but Frankie lost. Aldo landed more strikes and made a mess of Frankie?s face.

Rashad/Lil Nog is easily the worst fight I've seen in a long time, Evans fought like an idiot and should have easily taken this.

That one I missed, so no comment apart that I am happy for the guy because I like him.

I could watch Overeem getting knocked stupid for hours on end, Bigfoot is an odd fighter, he gets his ass kicked a lot but somehow derails hype trains and beats guys you'd think would destroy him. I think Dana needs to keep him away from using him as a softball for people who just need a win, it's backfired twice now between Fedor and Reem.

That was a WTF moment, but I saw it coming. Overeem seemed too confident and even my girl commented "this low guard will get him knocked out..."

I didn't think Fitch/Maia would go like that, but I'm not upset at all by the outcome, if Maia can get another victory over another top 10 before the summer, then he has a good claim on getting a title shot before the end of the year, after Hendricks gets his that is.

I missed that one too.