MMA 2013

Shane Carwin officially retired today :(

He didn't recover from his injury?

This thread is slow...
Jones x Sonnen comments?
Cigano x Hunt anyone?

Jones vs Sonnen was a total mismatch from day one, not worth talking about.

As for JDS vs Hunt, now that is one hell of a match, I get the feeling that Hunt's godly chin could play a factor and he is a very skilled striker himself. It can really make a guy doubt himself when you hit your opponent with everything but the kitchen sink and they just won't go down.

Jones vs Sonnen was a total mismatch from day one, not worth talking about.

As for JDS vs Hunt, now that is one hell of a match, I get the feeling that Hunt's godly chin could play a factor and he is a very skilled striker himself. It can really make a guy doubt himself when you hit your opponent with everything but the kitchen sink and they just won't go down.

And JDS could be still doubting himself after the loss of the title, so I am not sure how it will end.

I'll just say this, MARK FUCKING HUNT! I don't care if a greyhound bus needs to run over JDS before he climbs into the cage for Hunt to win, I just want to see it happen.

I haz a sad. :(

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted, JDS gets another title shot and Hunt will eat a bucket of KFC after he wakes up.

The main event was utter crap. When they won't even use any footage from the first fight to promote a rematch, you know damn well they're trying to hide the fact that it's a god damn joke.

The main event was utter crap. When they won't even use any footage from the first fight to promote a rematch, you know damn well they're trying to hide the fact that it's a god damn joke.

This.

What a waste of time. Do you think the judge called it too early?

I think the stoppage was a hair fast, but nothing to get in a twist over. I just hope we're not in for a future where JDS and Cain trade the title back and forth and just sandwich easy wins between their losses.

I think the stoppage was a hair fast, but nothing to get in a twist over. I just hope we're not in for a future where JDS and Cain trade the title back and forth and just sandwich easy wins between their losses.

I think there was a very slim chance that Bigfoot would get back on his feet and turn things around, but then again he was just crouching not doing much.
As for a future where they keep trading the title back and forth, that is possible. I had high hopes for Overeem, but seems I was wrong.

I'm disappointed to say I'm not really getting to watch UFC much these days. But it does make me happy, to see PB doubt JDS one more time to be proved wrong again and in spectacular fashion no less, this time. :p

Referring to a long rivalry, I think the third fight will finally settle it, unless it's a razor thin decision or a bad stoppage.

As for Bigfoot, he's a perpetual also ran, good enough to beat most guys, but can never defeat truly elite fighters.

As for Overeem, the guy is a waste of space, he's an obvious steroid user and I see either Cain or JDS wiping the floor with him, hope he loses again and gets cut.

Last edited:
What part of "even if a bus needs to run over JDS first for Hunt to win" made it sound like I was doubting that he was going to win? Everyone picking Hunt wasn't do it with their heads, but with their heart, they knew Hunt was going to lose but it was fun to think for a little while that maybe, just maybe he'd pull off the major upset.

What part of "even if a bus needs to run over JDS first for Hunt to win" made it sound like I was doubting that he was going to win? Everyone picking Hunt wasn't do it with their heads, but with their heart, they knew Hunt was going to lose but it was fun to think for a little while that maybe, just maybe he'd pull off the major upset.

I was obviously cheering for JDS but I honestly think Hunt had a chance. The guy is tough and has a heavy hand, so I don?t doubt he could land a lucky punch and get a KO.
Bigfoot, on the other hand...:lol:

Don't want to pick for tomorrow, but I also don't want to see Big Nog lose.

Too bad.

Please retire Big Nog, you have nothing left to prove. :cry:

I have a feeling we're going to see a big upset in the main event tonight, my gut just tells me that time is going to catch up to Silva much the same way it caught Fedor a few years ago.

That was weird...looking at the replay, I don't know if he was stunned then knocked out or if the was at first playing his usual game and THEN got knocked out.
Anyway, that was a horrible display of lack of respect for his opponent and he payed accordingly.
Conspiracy theories abound and I don't care. I just wasn't satisfied with the ludicrous display Anderson Silva put up.
With that said:
ixKDj2ry4LKv4.gif

In other camera angles, you can see he do his normal "I'm going to yank me head out of the way" a couple times and then fakes a stanky leg to mock Chris, and within a half second he throws two rights in a row to set Silva up for the big left that actually does put him on his ass because his head and chin were tilted back. He was already out when he hit the ground and the next couple shots were just icing on the cake.

9.gif