Moab 2020 FG Offroad Jamboree

Der Stig

is Der Slut
DONOR
Car(s)
Too many and yet not enough
Since there were a few interested parties in BCS’s ZJ thread, I figured why not kick this off.

But Der Stig, it’s 2019! Well my GX isn’t ready and I don’t have any more vacation time :p

Not sure what the best time of year is, but I’m betting late Spring will probably be best.

Paging @Kiki @Blind_Io @BerserkerCatSplat @CraigB @Crazyjeeper @NotLaw

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
06 Nissan XTerra Off Road, 00 VFR800, 07 ST1300
We are just a few hours away, as long as I can get the time off approved from work.
I recommend planning well in advance, hotels in Moab fill up quickly in the spring and can get very expensive. Also, be sure to check the dates for Jeep Safari and avoid that week; everything is full for an hour in every direction and the trails are just one big traffic jam.

Der Stig

is Der Slut
DONOR
Car(s)
Good point- so not April then. Maybe early/mid May? Then we can miss the Labor Day insanity.

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Infiniti M30 - Nissan Frontier Pro-4X & Altima
I haven't made up the 2020 Mo-Kan Dragway schedule, but I hope I can make this (whenever it's scheduled). I have been dying to get back to Moab since I went in 2006.

Kiki

Registered Bone Marrow
DONOR
Car(s)
'13 Ford Taurus, '11 Ducati M696, '15 Yamaha R3
Let's do this! My vote would be Spring (March - June) or Fall (late August through November). With the climate change, it's been warming up every year so we've been able to go earlier.

Hotels are pretty pricey in Moab these days during Spring/Fall, but we can also all rent out a condo too etc. I'm game for whichever. Happy to help arrange too.

If we can avoid Easter Jeep Safari (early or mid April), that would be nice.... though if we do it right after easter jeep safari, all the trails are freshly marked... which for a navigator like me is fan-fucking-tastic. Though I have reverse navigated different trails from good old trailbooks, so I've learned my lessons.

We've been down during CruiseMoab (late April - early May), and it wasn't as bad. The cruiser guys tended to stay in smaller groups and pulled over quite quickly.

Der Stig

is Der Slut
DONOR
Car(s)
Awesome, late April-early May would be good. I’m planning on getting rock sliders and some beefier skids before this trip if not earlier.

Blind_Io

DONOR
Car(s)
We can always plan around not having trail armor, there are plenty of scenic trails that are not as difficult.

Der Stig

is Der Slut
DONOR
Car(s)
If we can make this happen, I’m going to make a long weekend of it for sure and take at least a week off.

BerserkerCatSplat

Hormone Induced
Car(s)
The Jeep of Theseus, Angry Wagon
Yeah barring any big career changes I should have lots of vacation time banked, going to make a real trip of it. I'm fine with whatever time of year works for y'all.

rickhamilton620

has a fetish for terrible cars
Car(s)
2012 Kia Forte EX
If only I didn't have to get rid of the Jeep, I'd have been interested as hell. :(

CrzRsn

Mr. Fedewhatever
DONOR
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST
Don’t need a Jeep to ride/spectate. I do wish I still had mine too though.

rickhamilton620

has a fetish for terrible cars
Car(s)
2012 Kia Forte EX

Blind_Io

DONOR
Car(s)
For those without a 4x4: Do not rent a regular Jeep from the airport and take it off road! The rental contract will hold you responsible, regardless of the insurance. Side by sides, ATVs, and Jeeps that can go off road are available in town to rent. The Jeeps are usually Rubicon JKs or JLs with a lift, sliders, skids, and 33"-35" tires.

Also, I will have two seats in the Xterra for anyone who wants a ride.