Model X launch

OK so this is the car we're getting if we ever have more than 2 kids :D

GULLWING DOORS! We finally are Back To The Future.

It can haul 2.5 tons, sold. While clearly out of my price range now, it would be perfect for most of what I want to do with a vehicle.

I wonder what the pricing will be like, worldwide. As many of you know - EVs are not taxed in Norway so we will be seeing alot of these next year.

I wonder what the pricing will be like, worldwide. As many of you know - EVs are not taxed in Norway so we will be seeing alot of these next year.

everbody and their mum's is gonna be driving those i guess... if only we'd have similar incentives for EVs around here...
Oh well, on goes the wait for model 3 i guess. watching that video, it's very much a luxury vehicle. there's so much stuff in there that's ridiculously expensive to make (and keep working i guess) despite being total gimmicks that nobody really needs (i dont want the bloody car to open the door for me when i walk towards it, for example). gimme the drivetrain in a golf-size vehicle and i'll gladly gladly buy one (yes yes, little lower power, alright)

i read today that a german supplier that usually does BMW/merc interiors has been tasked with much of the interior trim. i'm looking forward to seeing whether that takes care of the interior quality issues people seem to be having with the model S (can't comment, never been in one).

Agreed! I dunno about the design just yet, the model S really has grown on me so maybe it will be the same with the model X. And I loled at the crowd who cheered like as if they were at a rock concert every time Musk presented something imressive. "This has a huge airfilter. Wohoooooooo!!!!!!" :lol:

:lol: I thought the same thing. But I guess the place was full of fan boys.

I thought the concept was ugly, but man, removing the grill made it a lot worse. And the headlights are oddly proportioned without the grill too.

hJGRqu5l.jpg

PvfuZzll.jpg

Lets hope the interior build/material quality is better on this one.

Last edited:
I thought the concept was ugly, but man, removing the grill made it a lot worse. And the headlights are oddly proportioned without the grill too.

The loss of a real grille (i get it..they're further emphasizing the "electricness" of it) makes it pretty generic.

The loss of a real grille (i get it..they're further emphasizing the "electricness" of it) makes it pretty generic.

comparing those two pictures above, i actually like it better without the grille. i mean, they could've done something with the space, but i do like it better than having that generic black splotch there.

Haz, I thought Norway was about to remove the incentives (i.e., no tax) for EVs, am I wrong?

EDIT: found it. Once 50,000 vehicles are sold, or in the calendar year 2018 (whichever comes first) then the incentives will be gone.

Last edited:
Looking at the unveiling I first thought "Damn, that is an ugly car!" but then came the red one and it looks miles better... It?s still not even close to looking very, very good like the Model S does, which is a big worry for me. I mean Norway will buy this for everyone and it will succeed in California but that simply is not enough for Tesla anymore.

I guess we?ll find out soon enough

Haz, I thought Norway was about to remove the incentives (i.e., no tax) for EVs, am I wrong?

EDIT: found it. Once 50,000 vehicles are sold, or in the calendar year 2018 (whichever comes first) then the incentives will be gone.

They passed 50,000 in April of this year, way past 60,000 now. The incentives are staying.

They passed 50,000 in April of this year, way past 60,000 now. The incentives are staying.
Interesting. I wonder what changed?

EDIT: found it again.

http://qz.com/#400277/norway-electric-car-incentives-were-so-good-they-had-to-be-stopped/

http://www.forbes.com/sites#/sites/...lds-market-for-electric-vehicles-infographic/

Looks like they will now enforce half of the VAT in 2018, and all of it in 2020. It will be interesting to see how Tesla does then, especially since now in the US the incentives for EVs has been removed (and Leaf sales have fallen off a cliff as a result).

Last edited:
The point is that Tesla is already pretty good at playing the "desirable independent of being electric" card. Let's face it, if you are not a petrolhead, and with the Maserati Quattroporte looking worse with every facelift, the Tesla is basically the only option in the "exciting looking executive saloon" market.

Lets hope the interior build/material quality is better on this one.

My brothers (very) early production model Model S has had quite a few errors, which has been fixed. But they sorted that out on the later models and any Model S being built now is fine. He is seriously considering trading in his 80 for a 70 cuz said reasons.

My brothers (very) early production model Model S has had quite a few errors, which has been fixed. But they sorted that out on the later models and any Model S being built now is fine. He is seriously considering trading in his 80 for a 70 cuz said reasons.

I drove several 60s and a 70 without the premium interior option and it was just horrible. I hear its much much better if you get that package. But when you need to get a $3,000 option to make the interior of your $75,000 not terrible, that's kinda ridiculous in my opinion.

Mmmm that seems like an exaggeration. Horrible how? I was referring to interiorpanels not being flush, seats made in hard material, squeaky noises, airshocks not working properly - basically "baby deceases" as one would expect from early models.

What is this "package" you talk about?