Model X launch

Mmmm that seems like an exaggeration. Horrible how? I was referring to interiorpanels not being flush, seats made in hard material, squeaky noises, airshocks not working properly - basically "baby deceases" as one would expect from early models.

What is this "package" you talk about?

Everything you mentioned..... non-flush joints and squeaks are not acceptable for production, let alone in a $75,000 car. The touch feel of the materials also made me feel like I was driving a Ford Fiesta. When I'm paying that much money I'd like the quality to be there from the start, and not have to upgrade to it.

The package I'm talking about is listed on the builder on their site.

J622iZw.png

Note they mention "series of fit and finish refinements". That basically says that they knowledge that without the package the vehicle has issues.

They should drop the word "fit" from the description and it'd be fine

I know six people with a Model S and none have had these problems, as I said they did fix these out on the later Model S vehicles.

Again, I'm saying that I'm not going off "knowing people with Teslas", but I'm going off my own experience driving the cars for extended periods of time, and IN MY OPINION, the build quality is no where near that of a $75,000 car.

Now, without going into too much detail, at work, I am working on a Euro version of an American car and the craftsmanship requirements are much higher for the European customer - so I can potentially see that "premium" material pack as being standard in Europe.

Again, I'm saying that I'm not going off "knowing people with Teslas", but I'm going off my own experience driving the cars for extended periods of time, and IN MY OPINION, the build quality is no where near that of a $75,000 car.

Now, without going into too much detail, at work, I am working on a Euro version of an American car and the craftsmanship requirements are much higher for the European customer - so I can potentially see that "premium" material pack as being standard in Europe.

Americans don't need whale penis leather, we need the extra cash for hamburgers and lattes.

But what if it leads to whale burgers? Whale penis leather for everyone!

Americans don't need whale penis leather, we need the extra cash for hamburgers and lattes.
I'm not 'Merican, but for 70 grand, I expect whale penis to be covering every last surface until it's coming out of all the orifices.

Wait, what?

I'm not 'Merican, but for 70 grand, I expect whale penis to be covering every last surface until it's coming out of all the orifices.

Wait, what?

A whale penis covered exhaust pipe booty, hand stitched.

EDIT: I'm an idiot, this car is electric. Keeping this as is for the lol's....

My thought on the standard interior of the S is that it's worse than that of the base Hyundai Sonata - a car that costs about 1/3rd of what the S does. Very disappointing.

My thought on the standard interior of the S is that it's worse than that of the base Hyundai Sonata - a car that costs about 1/3rd of what the S does. Very disappointing.
Complete agreement. Sat in one at the Vancouver Auto Show last March. It is rubbish inside. For a 25-30k, with all that e-car tech, I'd say it's passable. For a car costing a minimum of 70k, ugh.

Same pack is option on SE Tesla site as well.

You can throw me into the bucket of people that thought the interior was crap when they drove one. I seriously don't understand why people treat these cars as if Musk re-invented the wheel, they just don't do anything for me.

Production halted until May?