MotoGP [possible spoilers]

Huh?
Fuel rule?
I stop following MotoGP for a few years and everything changes. :lol:

I'm caught up through LeMans (round 5) now, with three weekends still left before I'm no longer behind. Which won't happen, because I'm generally always behind by a weekend or two. :D

Good stuff so far. All the classes have mixed it up, and it's been a rather pleasant surprise that the GP class has been as varied as it has. Marquez is far from dominating, and we can get Ducatis and satellite bikes on the podium? Yes, please!

Aiming to watch Mugello tonight!

MotoGP rules!
that and GP2 give me my adrenaline rush
F1 brings the drama :mrgreen:

Phillip Island MotoGP race.

If you haven't seen it, find a way to do it. Now!

Best MotoGP race in a long time.

popcorn.gif

Last edited:
Well the MotoGP championship was decided in Malysia, but in a way you wouldnt expect. Lorenzo has this in the bag now.

Is Marc still mad because of the Assen race or what? He has been slowing down Rossi for two races now. Well I guess both of them got what they deserved...

Lorenzo should sometimes just to shut up...

Pedrosa has been very good lately and I am very impressed with Petrucci and Smith! :)

Zarco and Ajo Motorsport have been dominant combination in Moto2 this season. Epic performance in "one" make championship with one year old chassis.

Moto3 has always had great battles and this season has been no different. First half of the season Kent was dominating with his Honda and gained huge advantage in championship, but now it seems that he is trying everything to lose it. Oliveira started season poorly not finishing some races and then he got couple of wins, but after the wins Honda seemed to get upper hand of the KTM. KTM Ajo then brought new updates and after that it has been win after win for Oliveira. Even thought Kent only needs 15th place finish in Spain, I bet he will try his best to bin it.

Gonna hope we get rain in Valencia, because if we do it is gonna be crazy!:lol:

marc deserves a beating! :mad:
i think Lorenzo paid him to be an ass...

To me VR had it coming after Thursday's press conference.

Lunatic conspiracy theories about PI, I'm just not sure if he believed them himself or if he was just (again) trying to play mind games. Turns out he just ended up pissing of Marquez, tried to play dirty, and got punished for it.

Anybody else would have made that move, I'm pretty sure they would have been black flagged.

So, I haven't watched since roughly midway through the season, and I just queued up all the classes...except I literally can't remember whether I saw Indy or not...or maybe even Brno...or not. :lol:

Well, you have 3 days to catch up before the craziest weekend of the season...

- Last race, Rossi leading the championship by 7 points. At a track where Lorenzo and Marquez are strong.
- Rossi has 4 licence points meaning he will need to start from the back, unless...
-- Is request to have his penalty put on hold until his appeal is heard is granted.

Thursday press conference has been cancelled, and all riders summoned to a meeting with head of Dorna and FIM.

and all riders summoned to a meeting with head of Dorna and FIM.

this should've happened last week
well, at least rossi and marquez should've been summoned...

I haven't watched any of the races this year, but I sure won't miss the next one!

Really? It's the worst analysis I've read about the situation so far.

i assume you're a marquez fan?

so what's your take on it? marquez didn't do anything wrong and rossi let him crash deliberately?

Last edited:
I like Marquez, but I am not a fan of any riders. I like the sport.

Marquez rode a superb race in Australia, pulling an incredible last lap to win the race.

Rossi, feeling the pressure, comes up with this ridiculous conspiracy theory.

Marquez is a racer, what he wants most is winning. He will fight for every position, and that's just fine, as long as it's clean. And after the Thursday press conference, he was certainly not going to give Valentino a free pass.

And about racing aggressively against one of the championship contenders when you are out of it, do you not remember Motegi 2010?

I agree with Mike Webb decision, Rossi didn't intend to make Marquez crash, but still caused the crash by deliberately running him off the track. That's a punishable move.

It's funny the article you posted speaks about Marquez tolerating Rossi while he was winning, I would say it's the other way around. When Rossi was no where close, he preferred seing Marquez win than Lorenzo, the last thing he wants is to see the championship go to his teammate.

In other news, Rossi will have to start from the back after all.
CAS dismisses request by @ValeYellow46 for stay of execution of FIM Stewards? decision.

Edit : I would actually like to see Rossi finish high enough to win the championship. A Honda 1-2 would mean he has to finish 6, actually doable. I admire his talent, and I think it would be great to see him win a 10th championship at 36. However I despise his dirty moves (that usually go unpunished) and his mind games when he feels threatened.

Last edited:
I am a Rossi fan, I'll admit here, but he did ran him wide and he is handling the situation poorly.
Did he kick the brake lever? I don't think so. Is Marquez a bit of a spoiled brat? I think yes, but that doesn't excuse Rossi.
Lorenzo is a GREAT rider, but he has the charisma of a limp chayote.

Not cool Marc...

Caught up last week, and wow ? more drama than reality TV!

My take is that both Marquez and Rossi fucked up.

I don't know what to think of Philip Island, because I didn't see anything too egregious, but it's hard not to try and read into it after Sepang and Valencia.

In Sepang Marquez was all over the place. He was passing Rossi far too easily whenever he tried for me to believe that he couldn't simply pull away. The fight killed Rossi's chances of trying for a better finish (which he probably wouldn't have gotten, but that's immaterial), and frustrated him enough to run Marquez wide. That was a pretty poor decision, and it turned into the accident we all got to see.

Valencia was even uglier. I've only been watching MotoGP for a few years, but I've never seen a rider so clearly have the pace to pass and refuse to use it. This from the same nearly reckless rider at Sepang. Marquez should've passed Lorenzo early on, and Pedrosa possibly would have in the last few laps, which could've been a fantastic, exciting duel. But instead, it was a 1?2 cruise.

I didn't like Marquez when he first joined the GP circus, but I grew fond and respectful of him after last year's opening streak. Now I'm reminded that he's just a 22-yo with typical 22-yo attitude issues, who just so happens to posses an astonishing talent for handling a motorcycle. I'm less impressed by him now, not more.

And now onto the silly offseason and WSBK to keep withdrawals at bay...