MotoGP [possible spoilers]

Yeah, I was very happy to see Desmo Dovi in action. We'll see what the race commission says - both his and Petrucci's results are provisional (last I heard) because of the use of the rear tire winglet. I guess the matter now is going to the MotoGP Court of Appeals?

motogp-qatar-gp-2019-danilo-pe-2.jpg

I was also happy to see that Suzuki has a competitive bike this year as well. That was refreshing to see periwinkle blue up front.

anyone who is a subscriber at motomatters.com?
and can post the ducati hole shot device photo they hid from the free article? ?

That would be interesting to see. I have no idea how something like that would even work.

On a Supermoto, what they do is compress the fork and lock the suspension in the compressed state. But that's a low tech mechanical system, not an electronic one.

Edit: Just read the Motomatters article, and I understand now that Ducati is also using a mechanical system, but on the rear of the bike.

Last edited:
Found video of it in action:

Catalonia GP:

Fuck Lorenzo.

That is all.

:roflmao: So much butthurt, I love it!

In all seriousness, racing incidents happen, and I'm sure no one feels worse about it than him, fucking up like he did in the front group. I really hope he wins a few races this year.

Even given the clusterfuck, it was a fun race. Lots of scraps for the bottom two thirds of the podium, and some places further down. Good to see Viñales actually starting a race reasonably strongly for change, too.

I'm not pissed about the racing incident, I'm pissed that it handed Marquez the win without so much as a challenge - and took out all the main points holders that could challenge Marquez's championship. Regardless of what people think of Lorenzo, Marquez has such a tendency to ride like a dick that MotoGP had to institute a points system on racers' licenses.

Ah, that makes sense. I too would've enjoyed this far more if Marquez had been part of the carnage. This was basically the worst case scenario!

I don't want him to get hurt, but I would be lying if I said it doesn't make me a little bit giddy when he crashes himself out of the race.

I just don't want him to dominate as much as he does. I want good racing, and I want the season to matter. Ideally I'd rather he just lose a few races to others, but his crashing has been crucial in his not running away with the championship mid-season, so it's tough not to hope for it occasionally.

Ah, that makes sense. I too would've enjoyed this far more if Marquez had been part of the carnage. This was basically the worst case scenario!

my first reaction: "fuck, he got away!"
if he'd crashed as well, it would've been one hell of race!
(and then Quartararo would've won :O)

anyone watching WSBK as well?

yesterday i watched the first race from this weekend...WTF bautista?
after the first few weekends bautista almost had the championship in his pocket! he won the 11 first races!!
i never would've predicted ray would be leading the championship by now (which might change because i'm still to watch the SP and race2 : P)

Statute of limitations on spoilers is up -

HOLY SHIT! What a race at Silverstone!

Yeah, that was ?s. The theater went mad!

you watch the races in a theater?
i watch them at home, with a joint in my left hand, and a beer in my right hand!
racing rules! :D

i don't think there should be any limitations on spoilers in this section
if you haven't seen the race, just don't open the thread

but you can't expect other members to postpone their discussion because you haven't seen the race...

My friends have a shared chat thread and we agreed to holding discussions of the race until Tuesday after the race. I guess O just apply that rule in general