Motorcycle Tires

I had a set of Bridgestone Battlax Adventure A40 fitted to the Tiger. I had used Battlewings before (never really like the Scorpion Trails the Tiger came with as standard), but these Battlax tyres blow the Battlewings out of the water. It's a road tyre with off-road potential but even so on the road it grips like nothing I've ever had before. I really can't say anything but good things about them. :)

Ah right, the Bridgestone naming was a bit hard to follow. Not available in correct size either, but at least it would be cheap compared to other options. And what I read from some forums, that second generation of Scorpion trail had improved its feel quite a lot. But that and Avon are the most expensive options.

Indeed. General thread has taken over the whole forum, to remember that there are specific threads you could can use. :p

Also from the same source.

Heidenaus have been dividing opinions on several forums, but I have to say they've caught my eye. And like Bridgestones that have been praised here I'd have to go a size down in the back for those..

Last edited:
Well, since I should be doing plenty of road mileage in near future, I stayed with the same setup the bike came with. So 120&180 set of Pilot road 4s. It was a nice and exciting pickup trip, fresh tyres and pouring rain..

My Honda is in the process of being registered, and when that is done it'll need some new tires.

So ... what can you guys suggest me?

It's a 1993 Honda CB 500

Current:
Front: 110/80 17 M/C 57H
Rear: 130/80 17 M/C 65H

Preferably something very sticky, price is not that much of an issue. And available in Belgium.

The Michelin Pilot Powers seem to be very popular around the globe for this sort of application.

The Pilot Powers is not available in my size.

From Michelin only the Pilot Active seems to qualify.

Been looking around and found the Pirelli Sport Demon, and DaHitch suggested the Bridgestond Battlax BT45.

As you know I had Pilot roads on the Benelli and I bought Pilot streets for my friends GS 500 when I had it as a loaner. I don't have much to compare to, but both worked really well.

I enjoyed the Pirelli Sport Demons that I had fitted on my old GS500, it was a pretty grippy tire.

My bike came with Pirelli Sport Demons, so far they've held up well. They've also worked brilliantly in the rain here.

The Pilot Powers is not available in my size.

From Michelin only the Pilot Active seems to qualify.

Been looking around and found the Pirelli Sport Demon, and DaHitch suggested the Bridgestond Battlax BT45.

Ah, yes, I overlooked that. The BT45s are good, a number of the Dallas bike contingent have used those with good success. If they're available in that size, I'm quite fond of the Dunlop GT501/Arrowmax tires in that sort of application. It's what I've had on the CB700SC with great success.

Edit: I see that the front is available, but the back is not in your size. Perhaps you can fit a slightly larger size in the rear? Some bikes can do that and see significant improvement, others not so much.

- - - Updated - - -

I have heard good things about the Avon AM26 Roadriders in this application, but have no personal experience and know nobody with them personally.