Moving to XenForo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack_christie

Forum Addict
Or not?

That is indeed a good question. The forum was disabled for several days to move, and now everything is back to the way it was before.
Did something go wrong? What is the plan now?

Viper007Bond , Quiky , PacketCollision - anything you can tell us?

Do they even come here anymore? Seems like we're running admin-less but clearly someone was trying to change the site so who was it? It's been running like shit for months now, seems like the admins don't care anymore. A lot of regular posters stopped logging on after the last vb update.

Well, Viper is busy fighting Cancer (last I read, he's still having problems with his vision). Quiky and PC have messaged on and off about changing the site and possible timetables and the Xenforo beta seemed to be up last time I checked.

So yes, they do come here, FG may not be Priority 1 with a bullet but they are working on it.

It seems to be somewhat back, but edits to posts aren't saving. Hope Viper gets better soon.

Did the cut over and migration, however there are permissions issues and items to adjust that Viper is familiar with. Making the move finalized would have left the forum unusable in that state. Unfortunately Viper seems to be rather busy with life, so I reverted the forum back to active and we will need to reschedule.

Any update to this? Perhaps after Christmas? (please don't do it over christmas)

The only update I know of, and one I am happy to share, is that Viper is once again cancer-free! (sidenote: Fuck. Cancer.) However, there seems to be some lingering optical nerve damage from treatment. I'll leave it for him to share or be more specific if he wants.

gaasc;n3555175 said:
The only update I know of, and one I am happy to share, is that Viper is once again cancer-free! (sidenote: Fuck. Cancer.) However, there seems to be some lingering optical nerve damage from treatment. I'll leave it for him to share or be more specific if he wants.

I may have spoken too soon :cry:

Reactions: lip
Fuck cancer!

Came here to moan about all the "Error page" stuff, but then I saw what Alex is dealing with. :blink: - Damn. - My priorities are set straight again...

Gotta say, the new software is very snappy! Although I think I'm the only person online so I suppose I have all the server resources to myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.