MX-5 to slim down to 2,200 lb, smile more.

but in my defence, I doubt they will be $2000. But man, a new Miata with the same weight as the original with more power. Wow.
Does the northeast have the highest Miata prices throughout the country? You'll be hard pressed to find one for under 3k here... and it will be in shit condition.

You feel like an ass using in a convertible though. I refuse to use mine unless it is more than 90 and humid.
From my experience in convertibles, they are only good until its 70. I would honestly rather have the top down when its below freezing than when its 80

I love the way it looks, damn skippy it should be happy :D

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blayde/2010/08/05/mx5.jpg

Does the northeast have the highest Miata prices throughout the country? You'll be hard pressed to find one for under 3k here... and it will be in shit condition.

Here in the NorthWest it is easy to find a good condition MX5 for ~2k. Same down in CA.

The northeast sucks for finding any car in good condition at a decent price because of all the salt in the winter, leftover sand in the spring, and crash-test dummies all over the place year round.

If (when?) my MR2 dies this could appear near the top of the replacement list. With regard to buying roadsters in the northeast, I cheated by going to South Carolina to get it; great excuse for a road trip and a better-condition car at the same time.

I love the way it looks, damn skippy it should be happy :D

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blayde/2010/08/05/mx5.jpg

The second one looks surprised and disgusted

D:

From my experience in convertibles, they are only good until its 70. I would honestly rather have the top down when its below freezing than when its 80

Depends on the sun. More than 80 + direct sun is too much for me but overcast it's ok.

I don't even like having the light that comes through my tinted sunroof(does that make it a moonroof? I've never understood the difference.) because it sets my head on fire.

Thats also in part to mass shipments of the car from the east and midwest to the west when they first came out because of high demand and people willing to pay over sticker.

I don't even like having the light that comes through my tinted sunroof(does that make it a moonroof? I've never understood the difference.) because it sets my head on fire.

AFAIK "moonroof" is electric sliding, where sunroof is manual or fixed? I kind of use them interchangeably anyway.

I would love a convertible, as it is I open the windows and moonroof whenever possible.

Moonroof you stick your ass out of when passing nearby vehicles. Hence the name.

The sun didn't used to be this horribly strong :(
I used to have no issue but now I get burrned like instantly so I never get to use the top. At least if anyone asks I can truthfully tell them the top is busted.

This thread is really making me want a Miata if I move to a place with better weather. Keeping the roof up above 80?F? Hell, I'd keep it down in 100?F!

Sunroof = opaque piece of metal. Choices are open (sun and air) and closed (no sunlight and no air)
Moonroof = glass + inner cover. Choices are the same as a sunroof, plus the option to let the light in without opening your car to the air.

According to the wiki on Sunroof

An automotive sunroof is a fixed or operable (venting or sliding) opening in an automobile roof which allows light and/or fresh air to enter the passenger compartment. Sunroofs may be manually operated or motor driven, and are available in many shapes, sizes and styles. (see sunroof definitions below)

Sunroofs, by historical definition are opaque and slide open to allow sunshine and fresh air into the passenger compartment. Today, most factory sliding sunroof options feature a glass panel and are sometimes marketed as moonroofs, a term introduced in 1973 by John Atkinson, a marketing manager at Ford for the Lincoln Continental Mark IV. For the first year, Ford sent out its Mark IVs to American Sunroof Company for offline installation.

Variations of both the sunroof and moonroof have become the norm in both factory installed and aftermarket offerings, creating a wide range of features and choices.

Sunroof systems may be manual or electric, while most moonroof systems are electric/electronic. Manual sunroofs may be lever actuated, as in venting type pop-ups, manual lever or crank operated for sliding systems. Electric roof systems are usually cable driven by a motor and feature some form of sliding opening. Most moonroof systems today are electric and have either a combination pop-up/inbuilt or a pop-up/spoiler configuration (see Roof System types below).

Roof systems may be original equipment, factory installed options (provided by the car company), or installed aftermarket by a roof installation professional for the car dealer or retail customer. Once the vehicle leaves the assembly line, the factory option can no longer be integrated into the roof, making aftermarket the only option.

]

So they are basicly the same thing.

I thought this was old news?

My friends and I went to Miatafest a couple of weeks back and they dragged a couple of us with fairly modified cars to join in on a focus group... funny that they grabbed largely from one group of racers who street their cars. I guess we know who they are aiming for with the ND chassis ;)

I thought this was old news?

My friends and I went to Miatafest Mardi Gras a couple of weeks back and they dragged a couple of us with fairly modified cars to join in on a focus group... funny that they grabbed largely from one group of racers who street their cars. I guess we know who they are aiming for with the ND chassis ;)

FTFY.