My 1984 Ford Mustang SVO and tow rig...

MattD1zzl3

2 Slow 2 Noisy
Car(s)
1996 & 2003 Mazda Miatas, 1995 Chevy Camaro Z28
Lets say..... cracked manifold of some sort? those are nice and nasty :)

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Mustang SVO - Nissan Frontier Pro-4X & Altima
Let's hope not, but I do have spares for just about everything manifold wise. Thanks for the compliments! :D

72SSAbody

Car(s)
Terminator, Chevelle, SVO, Fox Mustang, 1125R & X1
So close!!

When you get it back together I'm sure you'll be getting that time slip you've been dreaming of.

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
It is back together, but no racing this weekend. It snowed today and it's to cold tomorrow. I hope to get a pair of ET Streets by next weekend to try out...

tigger

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'88 Vic Wagon, '92 Honda VFR
Damn man, 14.01? I think I would've gotten out and shook my fist at the sky, "Why God? WHYYYY?" :lol:

Good luck next time around though. Are you going to try 25psi again?

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Probably not, at least not until I have a wideband. I'll try to get the 13.9999 on a set of slicks. Hopefully this transmission won't give up like the last one...

Silverstar

Car(s)
'11 Impreza STI Sedan
13.9 here you come! :D Racing season is just around the corner. What trans do they use on those? T-5?

airmenair

Sorry to hear about the headgasket man. I've got an 89 XR4Ti with the same motor that I blew a headgasket on too. Mine is taking an achingly long time to get back together because I've been busy with other projects, work, and school

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Silverstar, yeah, it's a T-5. The original was a non-World Class. What killed it was instead of having a thrust bearing on the front of the counter shaft there is a thrust washer. That wore out after 112k miles and about a dozen hard launches on a borrowed pair of ET Streets it decided to break and do a walkabout in the transmission. I replaced it with a World Class out of a '93 4-banger.

Airmenair, this is the first (and I'm sure not the last) headgasket I've done on a 2.3. All in all it took me about 3 hours to tear it down and 5 hours to put it back together. So get to it... :lol:

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
If Arlington wasn't so far away I'd drive over and help. I love working on these 2.3s. I went to help a buddy with his 4.6 Mustang and you can't get to half of the stuff with out eight extensions and wobble... :lol:

Silverstar

Car(s)
'11 Impreza STI Sedan
I went to help a buddy with his 4.6 Mustang and you can't get to half of the stuff with out eight extensions and wobble... :lol:
I pray by the extension and weeble-wobble gods for creating those tools to help me finish my car :D

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
How is your car coming along?

Silverstar

Car(s)
'11 Impreza STI Sedan
Pretty good, going down in two weeks to have the full exhaust setup done..then off to the transmission shop for some fine tuning...

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Well, I spent the last two nights cleaning the outside of the car (rubbing compound, clay bar, wax). Tomorrow I'll clean the inside. I hope to get some new photos on Sunday...

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
It was a little silly to clean the car, then go racing, but.... 13.91 @ 100 on street tires. I couldn't get the ET Streets, but I still made it happen. :D

I plan to clean the burnout gunk off the car and take it out and get some new photos this afternoon...

tigger

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'88 Vic Wagon, '92 Honda VFR
Heh, I don't know why you'd ever clean it off.

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
It was very windy at the track and while doing burnouts it was whipping the water from the water box on top, down the side car and even some on the inside of the windshield.

I did manage to get a few nice pics today, but I forgot to check the ISO setting (doh) and they came out a little grainy.