Ownership Verified: My 1988 Lancia Delta HF Turbo

avanti

Forum Addict
Car(s)
5 cars + 8 motorcycles
I'm sorry to hear that mate!!! I really think it's a piece of beauty that Lancia! But if you say that after the revision the car it's ok, I guess the money spent was worth it. Wasn't it?

About what you said some posts before ( it looks like I 'haven't been around this thread for a long time :p) I really think that it's a great idea to keep the car original as much as possible. That's what makes them cool, the purity of it's original design and performance!!! :D
Thanks :) I haven't actually changed the ECU yet, we have just established the the ECU is broken, now I'm looking around for a new (used) one. A new ECU cost close to 1000 euros, so I'm hoping to find something a bit cheaper.

But we checked every other possibility apart from the ECU too, since that is the most expensive part to change. And fortunatly the rest of the electrical system, the VAE valve and pretty much everything else was in mint condition.

Regarding keeping the car original, I have decided 100% for sure that I will keep the car original in every way. It is more than fast enough as it is and it feels really good to have a car like this in the condition it left the factory:)

BlaRo

Little Nudger
Car(s)
Moto Guzzi V7 Special, Fiat 500 1957 Edition
Hope you can get it running again soon - that's a terrific car, must be loads of fun to drive too.

Maybe get nicer wheels? :D

avanti

Forum Addict
Car(s)
5 cars + 8 motorcycles
Hope you can get it running again soon - that's a terrific car, must be loads of fun to drive too.

Maybe get nicer wheels? :D
don't be hating on my rims, they are original and i love them..8)

the car is great fun, can't wait to take it out for a drive again:)

avanti

Forum Addict
Car(s)
5 cars + 8 motorcycles
A little update;

The Delta has been fixed, picked her up from the mechanic before the weekend, it runs like a dream, like when it rolled of the factory floor in Torino 19 years ago!! Damn it felt good to take her out for a ride again, let her strech her legs and clear her throat a bit..
:burnrubber:

The other, not so pleasent side of owning such a car is that I have already spent double the purchase price in maintenance...:shock: But its been worth every euro, I think...

Svempa

Car(s)
Lancia Delta HF Integrale 16v
I know the feeling of spending double the purchase amount on maintenance :) But at the end of the day it's just sooo worth it.

avanti

Forum Addict
Car(s)
5 cars + 8 motorcycles
Just got back from a 1.100km round trip in Toscana and Liguria, the car ran perfectly, no problems what so ever! I was a bit nervous before I left because of the problems I have been having, but it seems like they are all history.

Some pictures from the trip, will post more later...

Last edited:

Vltros

Car(s)
2011 Honda CR-Z 1977 Ford Fiesta MK1
I'm glad to hear you Lancia is back at 100%!!!!
Oh!! I envy you for having such an iconic fun car!!! ;)

avanti

Forum Addict
Car(s)
5 cars + 8 motorcycles
The original exhaust system was getting a bit scruffy, so here are some pictures of the new one :)

Svempa

Car(s)
Lancia Delta HF Integrale 16v
Is it a original new exhaust or did you give your turbo some more breathing room?

lancia

Car(s)
None :( So Bus
Lovely car.
Lancia Delta Integrale evo is my favorite car of all time.

avanti

Forum Addict
Car(s)
5 cars + 8 motorcycles
One can only hope both the driver and the car is still alive one year from today ...

haz
Almost 10 years later and both car & driver are still alive.

No updates or modifications, just regular maintenance. Need to find the time to give it a proper polish, paint is the only let down.

Current mileage: 101.700km

the proof pic, in case the thread isn't grandfathered in...

Matt2000

Disco Stu-pour
DONOR
Car(s)
'01 Disco 2 V8, '90 Disco 1, '05 Smart Roadster
Still looks great, hitting the paint with a bit of compound and polish will do wonders. I do love the yellow on black dials. :)

public

Has been known to shou emousshiöns
DONOR
Car(s)
205–405–MX5–Polo–Panda–Daimler
Nice to see a narrow body Delta for a change :)

avanti

Forum Addict
Car(s)
5 cars + 8 motorcycles
Thinking about whether or not to install the original steering wheel, I've used the small one since I bought the car and I like it, but with no power steering the original wheel would make it a bit easier to maneuver...

Lastsoul

Car(s)
MX5, 406 Coup?, 106 Rallye, Porsche 924, X300 Six
Awesome to hear the Delta is still going strong!

I actually prefer the design of the original wheel more, but understand the appeal of the smaller one.

Andeh

is teahte tbungafloed
Car(s)
Fiestas, Mondeos, Anglia, Austin 7, Corsair, Chrys
Original all the way. I much prefer using bigger steering wheels in general, never really understood the small wheel thing...

Beni

DONOR
Car(s)
too many
I agree, the original is much nicer in design and I'd also prefer it for driving!