Ownership Verified: My 1990 Peugeot 205 XS

Another pic of the Horizon:

VjCpnq5.jpg

Anyway, nothing could get the accumulated brake dust off the Peugeot's wheels, so I got another can of Rubber Comp and resprayed them white again.

UhznfTL.jpg

sOl2utn.jpg

xz5izmP.jpg

J2CC4Vo.jpg

I did almost commit a grave mistake, though...

T41zbWk.jpg

jVl8TSx.jpg

The end result is certainly neater, and I'm happy I managed to get the wheels done with just one can. The spray was a bit blotchy, but it evened out as the paint dried.

I also re-applied the red stripe on the front bumper, but ran out of tape when it was time to do the rear one. Well, the same tape roll lasted for two years...

Ran out of fuel yesterday :lol: Drove to another town with the needle almost at the empty, and then it did that thing where the needle goes "Oh for fuck's sake" and just drops off the chart. I seemed to have about 50km's worth of fuel in it, as after I had washed it at a DIY wash, I could barely start it and get it out on the parking lot. Then again, I had pizza earlier and could really use the walk :mrgreen:

GLvyzne.jpg

I also have a spare fuel canister now, as I didn't want to fuel it up using an oil canister with some oil left in it. Probably could've, but meh.

Why not just top it up when it gets into the red?
Or when you've got extra time on your hands and happen to be near a fuel station. I almost never let my fuel gauge dip under a third.

I let the warning light come on, it usually has about 100km of range then. I like to live on the edge.

I let the warning light come on, it usually has about 100km of range then. I like to live on the edge.

I have no warning light, the needle just keeps dropping and eventually I run out of fuel :D

Why not just top it up when it gets into the red?

I usually do. This time I just didn't feel like it :shrug:

Some of the earlier To-Do stuff, how we stand now:

? Head gasket leaks oil into coolant, scheduled to be done Done
? Valve stem seals worn, scheduled to be done Done
? Valve adjustment recommended, scheduled to be done Done
? Oil pan gasket leaks, might as well get done Not a significant leak
? Gearbox whines somewhat, might be a characteristic Characteristic
? Windshield worn, washer jets currently not functional Work sometimes
? Bumpers need reconditioning Done, will do again at some point
? Rust on passenger door bottom inside seam, will be treated
? Dent in driver door Will get more dents
? Minor dent next to driver side taillight It just won't rust
? New headlights and indicators recommended, will go with original Valeo Replaced with nicer Valeos from junkyard
? Summer steel wheels need refurbishing and centre caps, winter steel wheels need refurbishing and/or wheeltrims Wheeltrims bought, have centre caps
? Driver seat side bolster is worn Better cloth bought
? Shifter leather is worn Better item bought
? Dashboard illumination flickers It's because of the alternator
? Some rust on the inside of the rear window surround
? Rear axle condition checkup recommended It's fine
? Summer tires recommended to be changed New wheels and tires

Last edited:
The gearbox whine on our 1.1 liter four speed GL is one of the sounds of my childhood.

...so I got another can of Rubber Comp and resprayed them white again.
Wait... you now have full-rubber wheels? wow... must be bouncy :mrgreen:

^THIS^. Living on the edge with Merc had me bored tho. It became a matter of "aaaaaw, made it AGAIN??!?! C'mon, let me walk for at least a mile!"

The gearbox whine on our 1.1 liter four speed GL is one of the sounds of my childhood.
And ^THIS^. Gearbox whine is one of pure eargasm sounds <3

Not on this car, but as a decorative home element, sure :lol:

Maybe we can turn it into a coveted Ringmeet Curse prize: The winner of the Golden Pug. You know, like the I Got Screwed award at the 24 Hours of LeMons.

Everything is possible. Maybe we should attach a nice golden chain to it. The pug chav award :)

YES, YES, YES!

Will go beautifully together with a YOLO-cap!