My 1993 Ford Fiesta... broken

essentialatom

Car(s)
Renault Clio Sport
This car was the top-of-the-range Ghia when my mum made my gran buy it, because she knew it would be the car I learned to drive on, and so wanted it to have all the trimmings and last. My mate and I modded it in dirt :D

MikeAndMattModdedFordFiesta01.jpg

MikeAndMattModdedFordFiesta02.jpg

Clarkson says you can't call yourself a petrolhead until you've owned an Alfa Romeo. Well, now I have!
MikeAndMattModdedFordFiesta03.jpg

Watch it, the insurance company may write it off for book value - it will be worth more to you than that so you could consider buying it back if offered. Bad situation with older cars - you have my sympathy.

^ Hehe, we've already been through all that - the insurance wrote it off, and my mum bought herself a 2002 Ford Focus with one previous owner and only 20k on the clock for 5 grand - I thought that was a pretty good deal, though I don't know what you more seasoned experts might have to say about it ;)

And we were going to look for another small car for me, when the insurance came back and said, "Hey, if you retract the claim you can just... have the car back! For free! And if you fix the doors and MOT it we'll reinsure it." So we snapped it up. Now it's sitting on my drive needing a couple of doors, then I can get driving again :)

Result, still cost you a bit though. As this is a common type of car a scrapyard visit is called for then?

^ Yep! We're in contact with some guy, friend of a friend type stuff, who owns a scrapyard and does this type of work on cars for a living. He's supposed to be coming round and having a look at the car in the next couple of days to see what he can do. Fingers crossed I can get back on the road soon... I'm itching to drive...

Great - good luck, may not get a colour match but this could be an opportunity to respray in a cool colour if you have the budget, if not now maybe later.

Easy enough fix - its just the door, doesnt look like theres any frame damage or even the front wing. Re-hanging a door is easy and it'll cost you ?40 from most scrappies, even likely to get one in that colour.