Ownership Verified: My 2004 SEAT Ibiza - aka the mighty Failbiza

D-Fence

Mrs. IceBone
Car(s)
John Pooper Works
No....LPG is similar to the stuff you use for camping cookers etc, it?s propane/butane, and liquified. It has ~110 Octane. It is stored @ ~4 bar.

CNG is natural gas, I think this is what you think of, Methane and some other stuff, and it?s a gas, not liquified and ha ~130 Octane and is stored @ ~200bar (EEK!). We have it over here as well, but LPG is getting more and more popular, because you can easily modify normal cars to use it, wether with CNG the modification is twice as expensive, and you have to have large tanks, because it?s still a gas...for example: I have a small 55l LPG tank and can run ~480km with it. To run 480km on CNG, I would need a ~350l tank which is.....LARGE :)

BlaRo

Little Nudger
Car(s)
Moto Guzzi V7 Special, Fiat 500 1957 Edition
Security training (car was stock @ that time, you drive over some wet plastic that simulates ice and your rear axel gets pulled to the side by a skidplate)
That looks like fun, like a grown-up motorized Slip-N-Slide! :p We've got something similar in the States called Skidz School which consists of a giant parking lot filled with water where you do donuts on, and unfortunately . Apparently it's supposed to teach you car control in wet conditions, but high schoolers love it because it's just fun. I was a 1995 Dodge Neon with 153,000 miles and a missing front bumper that stalled after every run, with a Civil War veteran riding shotgun. Good times.

D-Fence

Mrs. IceBone
Car(s)
John Pooper Works
Yesterday I shocked some people in town......I went over a speedbump and as the garage obviously didn?t fit the plastic engine cover with the airfilter included inside completely @ the last inspection :idiot: it flew off and I had a completely open air intake which was scary loud :D
As soon as I went over 2000rpm the car screamed like hell...I had to go ~300m to a friends house through a crowded shopping street....that was fun and embarassing alltogether....fun how the people were shocked when you approached them slowly and then hit the gas :D and embarassing, because everyone looked with an "look at this moron tuner" look ^^

Fitted it back on and inserted the screw the garage forgot - grrr :)

D-Fence

Mrs. IceBone
Car(s)
John Pooper Works
I was wondering as well....normally my luck would have been

- drive over bump
- 2sec later police car round corner

D-Fence

Mrs. IceBone
Car(s)
John Pooper Works
[youtube]vDmlkCnLSmg[/youtube]

[youtube]q9WgyENqhDw[/youtube]

Only on LPG....looks like one of the Injectors committed suicide. We?ll see monday when my garage opens :(

D-Fence

Mrs. IceBone
Car(s)
John Pooper Works
Fixed it......a plastic thingy holding a magnet coil for one of the injectors commited suicide and left my engine bay on the autobahn, so I ran on 3 cylinders :(

Fixed for free! I love my garage!

Dsemaj

Car(s)
2003 Urabus Impreza WRX, 1997 Fraud Falcs EL Wagon
eh...
all these small euro hatchbacks are funky...
i guess its hard to afford a proper car like an a4 or 3er in europe and its hard to maintain it b/c gasoline is very expensive
Oh god. Just leave. You wouldn't even know how to exist in the real world if your mommy wasn't there to throw cash at you.

Nice car, like the styling. Looks like a fun car to drive, and some nice mods too! Love the german flag on the grill! :D

@Hidden_Hunter late nineties we did. Don't remember the seats on price is right? :lol:

fbc

Retired Moderator
Car(s)
2006 MY07 Astra SRi Turbo
^
Bumping old topics: This is NOT allowed in most cases, especially if you have nothing to add to the thread except a random comment. In most cases, it's better to just make a new thread, but use your best judgment. Threads in "Specific Episode Discussion" and "What's That Song?" can be bumped of course though.
:welcome:, but please read the forum rules. Thanks.

D-Fence

Mrs. IceBone
Car(s)
John Pooper Works

Quick update of the current multimedia ;)

(yes that floormat is tacky but a) it's original seat aftermarket and b) the original seat one was worn through after 14.000km :()

nammedijus

Quick update of the current multimedia ;)

(yes that floormat is tacky but a) it's original seat aftermarket and b) the original seat one was worn through after 14.000km :()

well theres a lot of plastic...but its a very nice looking car still... :) keep the pictures coming ;)

darkshark0159

Car(s)
Mercedes-Benz C240 W203, British Rail Class 450
Well, since this is revived, I thought I'd add the usual WOW nice car, I'd have one! :thumbup:

The chrome gauges really do wonders for that dash. Fantastic!

D-Fence

Mrs. IceBone
Car(s)
John Pooper Works
Spanish cars. SRSLY!

My car is 108.000km old now and 5 years.
Here is a list of stuff that happened during one year.

Suspension shot (ok, I allow that)
Battery shot
Valve for opening cooling circuits shot (and SEAT needed 3 attempts to find the right part)
Rear brakes (drumbrakes!) ran down
Rear right wheel bearing shot (took out ABS Sensor too, ~400?)
Front left wheel bearing shot 5.000km later (front right was dead in the first year and 15.000km)
AC run dry (too little coolant left)
Ignition coils dead (twice, as the replacement ones blew after 400km)
Switched to emergency ECU mode for no reason (hooray 25? to make dealer delete error)
Butterfly valve completely covered in oil fumes (cleaned that myself)
Rear wiper tubing for spray broken (repaired myself with a repair kit from VW as it is a common problem)
Timing belt change (ok, 90.000km service), but the NEW waterpump seized after 3000km, so another timing belt and water pump on SEATs expense
Lever from glovebox fell off (happens every 10.000km :))
Water leak (~3cm water behind drivers seat), misaligned door seal

Stuff with my LPG system

Injector coil shot
Injector broken in half (fatigue)
Filters jammed
LPG partly frozen (gel-ish)

All in all, I stopped adding sums at 2500? in one year :/

klankymen

BLT Master
Car(s)
plastic Japanese iPod dock on wheels
Spanish VW cars. SRSLY!

My car is 108.000km old now and 5 years.
Here is a list of stuff that happened during one year.

Suspension shot (ok, I allow that)
Battery shot
Valve for opening cooling circuits shot (and SEAT needed 3 attempts to find the right part)
Rear brakes (drumbrakes!) ran down
Rear right wheel bearing shot (took out ABS Sensor too, ~400?)
Front left wheel bearing shot 5.000km later (front right was dead in the first year and 15.000km)
AC run dry (too little coolant left)
Ignition coils dead (twice, as the replacement ones blew after 400km)
Switched to emergency ECU mode for no reason (hooray 25? to make dealer delete error)
Butterfly valve completely covered in oil fumes (cleaned that myself)
Rear wiper tubing for spray broken (repaired myself with a repair kit from VW as it is a common problem)
Timing belt change (ok, 90.000km service), but the NEW waterpump seized after 3000km, so another timing belt and water pump on SEATs expense
Lever from glovebox fell off (happens every 10.000km :))
Water leak (~3cm water behind drivers seat), misaligned door seal

Stuff with my LPG system

Injector coil shot
Injector broken in half (fatigue)
Filters jammed
LPG partly frozen (gel-ish)

All in all, I stopped adding sums at 2500? in one year :/
FTFY

D-Fence

Mrs. IceBone
Car(s)
John Pooper Works
Oh ofc I did not mention the yearly oil changes, filter changes and the brake fluid change I had to do.....

@ Klanky: ya

D-Fence

Mrs. IceBone
Car(s)
John Pooper Works
Did some work today, un-rusted the rear drums and painted them matte black again and did an oil change & oil filter change :)

Sorry, Iphone pics :(

Last edited: