Ownership Verified: My 2006 Mazda 6

They do have some understeer, but less so than competing offerings. Still, that's why I tried to sneak under your car to install that big rear sway. Seriously, I'd take a look around and see if you can find one within budget, I think it'd greatly improve your experience (especially if you know RWD cars).
I shall consider. I was actually rather surprised at the first few times it understeered. And the first time wasn't a gentle failure...

Then teaching my brother to drive in it (he's only ridden motorcycles for 15+ years) and trying to get him to NOT rev it to 7000 before releasing the clutch into 1st off the lights. :wall:

Nice interior.
Yes, the black on black is very visually stimulating :p

My old roomie has a Mazda 6. Its a pretty nice car from what I remember. If a wagon ever came into my price range I'd love to get one.

Bumping that thread admitting I always liked the Mazda 6, and the color is nice too. Just the hook has to go when not used ;).

Hopefully the steering wheel upholstery has gone in the meantime

yeah, yeah, I'll take off the tow bar. And no, I do need a new steering wheel cover though before summer arrives.

And now it has added white and dimples on the passenger side since someone forgot how to park and had to use the side of my car for guidance :glare:

Re: My 2006 Mazda 6

I'm thinking of picking up a Mazda 6 hatch or a Mazdaspeed 6. I'm nit having much luck in the latter.

I'm curious what this car is like to work on?

for mods? or just general maintenance.

I know a few people that have modded with little trouble, both 3s and 6s. General maintenance, nfi. I can deal with older cars and general fixings, the new stuff I don't mess with because if I accidentally screw the electrics, I need a computing degree to fix it.

So, on the 17th someone (an asian gentleman) used my car for parking assist:

And then today, someone (an older lady) decided to eschew the cleaning of the ice from her windscreen and just pull out of her driveway:

In both cases my car was legally parked. And thankfully I have details of both drivers.

Two stereotypes in less than two weeks. Do I get a prize?

AW: My 2006 Mazda 6

AW: My 2006 Mazda 6

And then today, someone (an older lady) decided to eschew the cleaning of the ice from her windscreen.

[...]

Two stereotypes in less than two weeks. Do I get a prize?

Ice? In Australia? Sorry, but that negates all other stereotypes in that post. :p

-5oC this morning after recent rain. There was ice. :(

In australia? Impossible.... don't you guys have mild winters? Also.. your towhook is illegal in europe.

In australia? Impossible.... don't you guys have mild winters? Also.. your towhook is illegal in europe.

Compared to 30 feet of snow? Yes. Compared to Tahiti? No.

Thankfully I'm not in Europe. Considering my recent luck, I might leave it there to aid in the destruction of the next person who fails to open their eyes.

So, after almost 11 years and 153k kms of driving, many laughs, tears, frustrations and only one breakdown (that was my fault, I knew I needed a new battery), it was time to say goodbye. Also the fact that physically I cannot manage a manual on a daily basis anymore, and need something with a higher seat for easier egress.

After about 1000 car yards, test drives, climbing into and out of vehicles, and not more than a few pushy salesmen later,

Proper pics etc maybe if I get it washed (I was farm sitting when I picked it up, it's been muddy since day 1), the sun ever comes out, and I have a camera in hand.

Reactions: lip
CX-5 Akera (2017 that just came out)

I've never had heated seats before. :D

Yay!
Also, you're back?