My 370Z

Nice car, Vegitto-kun. Did you increase the tire size in the back, but not the front?

Admittedly, I have very little proper seat time in a 370Z, but I just spent a weekend instructing in one (and have instructed others in the past). These cars exhibit a lot of understeer (on a dry track). It sounds like yours is doing the same, as the fronts showed more signs of heat after the track day than the rears. The "strings of rubber" is graining (assuming it's your own rubber, not other rubber picked up from the track surface). The bumpier those strings are, the worse you cooked the tires. The AD08 are a pretty decent tire, and they do a great job of combining dry grip and wet grip. However, it sounds like you need a good deal more front tire (and/or a good deal less rear tire).

Slowing down your corner entry and avoiding excessive throttle (and thus understeer) on corner exit should help with the overheating tires. In general, just reeling it in a bit and driving more smoothly and slowly will help maintain grip. It'll also probably help the engine stay cooler, too. But going to a less extreme tire offset will really help with that understeer / the fronts overheating.

Admittedly, I have very little proper seat time in a 370Z, but I just spent a weekend instructing in one (and have instructed others in the past). These cars exhibit a lot of understeer (on a dry track). It sounds like yours is doing the same, as the fronts showed more signs of heat after the track day than the rears. The "strings of rubber" is graining (assuming it's your own rubber, not other rubber picked up from the track surface). The bumpier those strings are, the worse you cooked the tires. The AD08 are a pretty decent tire, and they do a great job of combining dry grip and wet grip. However, it sounds like you need a good deal more front tire (and/or a good deal less rear tire).

For visualization:

abrsnptrnsopt.jpg

Left is desirable, right is not. Top and bottom are different surfaces.

Nice car, Vegitto-kun. Did you increase the tire size in the back, but not the front?

Slowing down your corner entry and avoiding excessive throttle (and thus understeer) on corner exit should help with the overheating tires. In general, just reeling it in a bit and driving more smoothly and slowly will help maintain grip. It'll also probably help the engine stay cooler, too. But going to a less extreme tire offset will really help with that understeer / the fronts overheating.

too be honest I didn't FEEL real understeer so I guess I wasn't at the limit yet.

I got the rims + tires quite cheap so it was kinda a buy without thinking. I only saw afterwards that the fronts were still the same size. back tires grew from 275(if I remember right) to 295. But currently I am looking at just getting some Volks racing rims and bigger front tires.

Update on the car.

Exhaust finally arrived.

Fotoop23-07-2010om2219.jpg

Hopefully it will be installed by next week. I am waiting for a appointment with the tuner for the install + dyno + tuning

CBE has been installed. long tube headers will go on next week.

DSC_0722.jpg

almost sounds like the camera's mic couldn't handle the exhaust at close lol

Good sound. :thumbsup:

I know, I am going back the original wheels, the thinner rubber is getting irritating since it makes the car lower to the ground and makes the wheelarches emptier.

+ I have to be carefully with the exhaust since it already is about a inch lower to the ground than the stock one.

The headers have been installed. What a beast it is now. :lol:

It has been such a long time since I last updated. :|

Ordered the powerhouse amuse Vestito kit. was supposed to be here yet. but yeah you all know what happened in japan. :(

car is going to be repainted to pearl white.

and I finally got a proper video of my exhaust with the long tube headers on. :lol:

[video=youtube;6Xz-v7mYSI0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Xz-v7mYSI0[/video]

oh yes soem pictures of the Z+GT-R

this was before I went back to stock rims

IMG_0739-1.jpg

IMG_0727.jpg

IMG_0765-1.jpg

Last edited:
Went dragging for the first time ever today aaand.

I suck so badly.

seriously

I was only able to go two times.

first time was against a new megane RS. messed up the launch and lost. Don't think he was original though. J-hook rotors and he sounded quite different from the last time I hear a megane RS :lol:

but I mostly blame a shitty launch + VDC.

second time I was up against a opel corsa I think . Kinda felt sorry for it :lol:

Megane RS = VDC on
opel= VDC Off

drag racing on a actual professional race track = VDC off.

My friend sucks at recording. I just hope somebody else recorded it.

DAT renault

minding my own business in the pits.

_DSC2558-1-1.jpg

@OP

Nice pick, I would have screamed sad smiley hearing the autobox but since February I have had a bit of time back to back with both auto and manual boxes and the AT is quite nice as long as you slap it into the full manual override mode, which is fun since it doesn't automatically shift up even when you are bouncing off the limiter and the paddles are quite fun to use :)

Having said that and you mentioning it being a demo car, make a thorough check of all the electronic bits, like cruise control (not sure if it is an optional extra) and ESP engage/disengage. Demo 370zs are know to have occassional trouble with the electronics. Also, under the brake lever there is a little spring that does the job of pushing the pedal back once you have taken your foot off the pedal. Unfortunately after heavy use (which in my experience all demo cars are put under) the spring gets hot and does not decompress to 100% length, just short of the distance required to get the contact off a sensor and that cause your brake lights to be on sometimes for longer than intended.

Yeah, I think you're right with the Astra. The carbage-y bits put me off. Also, I forgot about full-screen mode :lol:

Last edited:
@OP

Nice pick, I would have screamed sad smiley hearing the autobox but since February I have had a bit of time back to back with both auto and manual boxes and the AT is quite nice as long as you slap it into the full manual override mode, which is fun since it doesn't automatically shift up even when you are bouncing off the limiter and the paddles are quite fun to use :)

Having said that and you mentioning it being a demo car, make a thorough check of all the electronic bits, like cruise control (not sure if it is an optional extra) and ESP engage/disengage. Demo 370zs are know to have occassional trouble with the electronics. Also, under the brake lever there is a little spring that does the job of pushing the pedal back once you have taken your foot off the pedal. Unfortunately after heavy use (which in my experience all demo cars are put under) the spring gets hot and does not decompress to 100% length, just short of the distance required to get the contact off a sensor and that cause your brake lights to be on sometimes for longer than intended.
don't worry. everything works perfectly fine. hell I have owned the car for more than a year now and still no problems.