My '92 240sx Hatch Build

tranceporter

Car(s)
2007 Honda S2000
this is my 240sx project car. it'll see some drifting, time attack, road course, auto x and everything i could possibly want to do with a car. this is my first big build so i'm trying to do it right and take my time and use quality parts. i'm shooting for a high quality japanese style build that you'd see come out of the top name japanese garage's

everything except for exterior paint/body work will be done by myself and Pride Performance

i'll update the thread by stages since i'm trying to focus on one area at a time. i'll only post the stage once i started ordering parts and the build process has started

please try to keep the thread on topic and to the sections posted

c&c welcome :mrgreen:

1992 Nissan 240sx Hatch
- sunroof
- power windows
- power locks
- super clean interior & uncracked dash

slight surface rust under my passenger side door. other than that, the car is rust free and was previously a 5 speed

Before Pics (will update with more. it started pouring rain)

http://img255.imageshack.**/img255/1749/before1.jpg

http://img38.imageshack.**/img38/8755/before2g.jpg

Stage 1: DE-RICE, prep for bodywork & paint

the parts

- oem 180sx kouki front bumper
- oem fenders
- oem 180sx rear bumper
- oem 180sx type x spoiler
- oem 180sx type x side skirts
- oem 180sx kouki tails
- oem 180sx rps13 center garnish
- oem 180sx turn signals
- oem 180sx front corner lights
- koguchi power fiberglass hood
- koguchi power front overfenders
- koguchi power rear overfenders
- first molding carbon fiber rear diffuser
- gt-1 motorsports break180sx front lip
- 4 point welded in roll cage w/ harness bar
- house of kolors burple paint

Last edited:
Watching. Personally, I'd have taken that S13 coupe right next to it, but eh. :p

You also seem to have neglected to put an engine on your list. I feel you might need one at some point. :lol:

Last edited:
Watching. Personally, I'd have taken that S13 coupe right next to it, but eh. :p

You also seem to have neglected to put an engine on your list. I feel you might need one at some point. :lol:

as much as i like coupes, there's something bout the 180sx rear i've always loved.

there's a motor but i'm not up to that yet :shifty:

i want to get the body work done since it's engine-less. i refuse to be another 240sx owner who neglects the exterior of the car. too many people throw on origin replica body kits and rattle can spray the car flat black

awsome..:D i wanna do something like this when i get a steady job and finish education :rolleyes:

Needs an RB25.

Good luck with this. What sort of powerplant are you planning to use? .. And please don't LS it. :p

Silvias with different colour-panels and empty engine bays are always hawt. :)

would you mind awfully doing a Sil-40 with it? If you are going to do some really hard driving, fixed lights will be cheaper to repair should something go wrong.

Looking forward to seeing the progression of this build. Good luck!

nissan-sileighty.jpg

+ 2JZ.

Do it.

would you mind awfully doing a Sil-40 with it? If you are going to do some really hard driving, fixed lights will be cheaper to repair should something go wrong.

Sil-80, that is.

2JZ huh, that'll be neat. :) Do you have an idea for an ECU already? That speedhunters thing is awesome.

Last edited:
Looks great! I hope you run a front plate; that front bumper looks rather silly without it.

Are you going to lower your car that far? That looks like it'd be impossible to live with on the road. :(

I want to lower my car more than you can believe but ground clearance/practicality issues always convince me otherwise.

Sil-80, that is.

In Japan where it's called the 180 SX

In the U.SofA it's the 240 SX

but still, love that bodykit, nice for a strictly track car