Ownership Verified: My American Japanese: 2003 Honda Odyssey

Ah, okay then. I imagegoogled piggyback and only got results like these

41d-b9ZwjsL._SX355_.jpg

Finally summers on, about a month later than normal... CR-V 17" alloys with 225/55R17 Nankang Toursports. Nice and quiet(er) now.

Left headlight has had a crack from the beginning, and now it seems to get even more water inside than earlier. Luckily Rockauto prices the assembly at amazingly cheap 33-54 ? + shipping, should have ordered it couple weeks ago as I ordered other stuff from there, but I managed to forget this...

Also dimension-wise exactly the same as original. Rims from Accord or Civic have slightly wrong offset, but CR-V has exactly same 50 mm as Odyssey. Also speedometer has a 0 km/h error again. Winter tires (from Voyager) were a bit too big (215/65R16) so the error was at illegal side of zero, around -3 km/h. Some studs were lost from the front tires during the winter, which was to be expected for a FWD car this heavy and powerful. But they're still good enough for at least one winter, just have to swap the front tires to back in the autumn to ensure even wear.

One fix I forgot to mention, the rear power ventilation window decided to stop working a while ago. 50 ? for a new Dorman motor from Rockauto and it works again.

To be honest, I cannot think of any minivan that I'd rather have than this. It is roomier than any of its rivals, has more grunt, has all the toys needed, has not broken down too often and most importantly I haven't seen any other of these live since the purchase. Wife would like a 08 -> Grand Voyager, but they're still too expensive so I hope we can go with this for couple of years.

Last edited:
Today was the first day MOT was possible to do this year, so took the car to be inspected first thing in the morning. Passed with one complaint, the rear fog light decided not to work. I had checked it day before yesterday and it worked then.:mad:

Anyhow, full 16 months of valid MOT now.

That inspection company managed to snag a great domain name. :lol:

Somewhat uneventful journey got some event, as Odyssey catched fire today. :lol:

To be more exact, I started wondering light clicking random sound during driving. I didn't locate it at first, but then later it started clicking like turn signal and I noticed the left turn signal light on instrument cluster blinking with dimmed light. Turning the switch right made right turn signal come on, but left kept blinking... Like a hazard lights but unsynced. After a while there came smoke from behind steering wheel. Quick stop and turning off the engine stopped the smoking. I removed the turn signal fuse, which made the ghost signaling go away.

Apparently this is somewhat usual way for multifunction switch to die, so I ordered a new switch for 40 ? +shipping and taxes, totalling at 67 ? from Rockauto. This could be fixed by opening up the switch and cleaning it, but at that price I cannot be bothered.

Farewell, sold. A good car it was.

To be honest, I cannot think of any minivan that I'd rather have than this. It is roomier than any of its rivals, has more grunt, has all the toys needed, has not broken down too often and most importantly I haven't seen any other of these live since the purchase. Wife would like a 08 -> Grand Voyager, but they're still too expensive so I hope we can go with this for couple of years.

The interior on those before 2011 (at least in the states, apparently export market vans retained the same interior from 08) is absolute garbage. Your Odyssey was far better.

Farewell, sold. A good car it was.

You go through cars like water. :lol: That's the fun part of being an enthusiast though, getting to try new stuff all the time.

You go through cars like water. :lol: That's the fun part of being an enthusiast though, getting to try new stuff all the time.
Yeah, I was planning on keeping this longer, but situations changed and this was left undriven.

I put it for sale for about the same asking price I paid for it, got only one guy asking for it, sent few pictures for him of all the flaws, and he drove to see it from the other side of the country. Did not need to deduct the price even more than slight adjustment and away he took it. More easier to sell than I thought. I was prepared to store this for a while as I did not want to take too much of a loss on this.

Almost, Kokkola.