Ownership Verified: My Brooklands Green sports saloon...

That is simply fantastic! I congratulate you. :) Please do get a radio, that at least looks period correct.

Last edited:
Congrats cap! This will make your life miserable and eat your wallet alive, +your chances of ever getting laid are now so far below zero you need a submarine to reach them, but the thing looks absolutely brilliant and it's 150% you ! :p

I thought the Yaris had small wheels. I was wrong.

Yep. Fits perfectly.

J9SS.jpeg

:p

That thing is going to ruin your life.

"Is there life on Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars?
Speaking of which, do you know Alex Drake drove a Dolly on "Ashes to Ashes"? So if you are into large breasts, you got the right car, according to the BBC's drama division.

Looks great, congrats!
Lately I want an old car again(pre 1980), I had a Beetle a couple of years ago that I regret selling it. All old cars have something special about'em.

I hate to say it, it pains me due to my seemingly constant desire for rational vehicles...but that car looks brilliant. Congrats on getting it Cap'n! :D

Seriously man get a pair of these:
Scheibenwischer-Scheibenwischerblatt-Satz-fuer-Porsche-356-B-T6-356-C-von-1962-1965-silber.jpg

It bugs the hell out of me if the arms are silver and the wipers are black :?
(with my car I don't care.. yet.)

And when you do get the correct ones, buy a roll of wiper blade and just change that, thats a lot cheaper than buying new everytime :p

Seriously man get a pair of these:
Scheibenwischer-Scheibenwischerblatt-Satz-fuer-Porsche-356-B-T6-356-C-von-1962-1965-silber.jpg

It bugs the hell out of me if the arms are silver and the wipers are black :?
(with my car I don't care.. yet.)

And when you do get the correct ones, buy a roll of wiper blade and just change that, thats a lot cheaper than buying new everytime :p

Yeah, they'll be getting replaced, the wiper blades are past their best anyway. As yet the "to do" list is, in no particular order, as thus:

Refurb the carb and do a basic service.
Replace the radio with something more period.
Replace the door mirror and radio aerial with better units.
Sort out the wipers so they park lower.
Re-aim the windscreen washers.
Sort out rusty rear wheel arches.
Sort out rusty wing tips.
Buy furry dice.
See if I can restore the paint to a certain degree.
Repair front passenger side window/quaterlight, glass is cracked and it leaks.
Find out who rear drivers side window won't wind down.

Car is now tucked away for the night. There was a slight worry it wouldn't fit in the garage but there is loads of room.
P1015049_1024x768.jpg

Last edited:
After Aston's perpetual threads, I'm going to hunker down with some popcorn for this one. There are only two possible outcomes: 1) metaphorical screaming fits and mammoth wallet hoovering as the stubbornness kicks in, or 2) Captain Yaris will soon make his triumphant (no pun intended) return.

That being said, I'm a little concerned that I got the car right. I just felt it was going to be a Dolly. Normally, my gut instincts aren't that good.

Congrats on finally getting a car you really wanted. Suits you perfectly :thumbsup: