No 56k: My Car: 2002 Holden WH Statesman International

Mistikal

Car(s)
Holden Statesman
Thought I'd post a little info about my car :) I've got some new lower springs to go into the front to bring the ride height down level with the rear.

Comments are appreciated :)

Car Name: Mistikal
Model: 2002 Holden WHII Statesman International (US/UAE: Chevrolet Caprice)
Colour: Orion Silver
Bodykit: HSV Grange boot spolier
Engine Type: LS1 346ci (5.7L)
Engine Mods: OTR Intake (click for info), Custom MAFless tune
Power: 270.9rwhp at time of tune
Exhaust: Stock 'hoover' spec
Gearbox: Broken 4L60E (Turbo 700 Automatic)
Diff: Stock 3.08:1 LSD
Brakes: Stock 298mm rotors with twin-piston callipers
Suspension: Kings Super Low Springs, all else stock
Wheels/Tyres: 18" HSV VY Clubsport R8 alloys
Interior: Burgundy Leather
Other Mods: All factory options including HBD Sunroof, HID Headlights
Stereo: Alpine CDA-9856 Headunit, the rest is stock.
Build Period: Since May 2008
Cost: Undisclosed

Future Mods:
  • Airbagged Suspension
  • Window Tint
  • Full exhaust
  • Drive it lots :D

MV-Exterior.jpg

MV-Engine.jpg

MV-Dash.jpg

DSC_0140.jpg

270hp.jpg

andy

Last edited:
ugly grille and slushbox, other than that, pretty nice :)

Nice one. I don't think the grille is THAT awful, though it isn't a thing of beauty either.

But, what the hell is that carpet looking thing covering the dash? Is it some kind of aftermarket stuff or did the car actually come with one of those as standard?

^ The dash-mat is aftermarket - for some reason they have some popularity here (they seem to be dieing out though).

Nice one. I don't think the grille is THAT awful, though it isn't a thing of beauty either.

But, what the hell is that carpet looking thing covering the dash? Is it some kind of aftermarket stuff or did the car actually come with one of those as standard?

People stick it on their dash to stop the plastic discolouring or cracking in the sun, lots of people still seem to have it but not as many as used to (either plastics are getting better or people are getting lazy)

I never understood it...okay, so the dash lasts longer and maybe you'll get more for it if you sell it...but the whole time YOU own it, you have to look at the shitty carpet cover...what's the point of that? That's like dating a model, and having her wear a mask over her face to protect it from the sun, in case you divorce her and want her to find someone new, quickly.

I never understood it...okay, so the dash lasts longer and maybe you'll get more for it if you sell it...but the whole time YOU own it, you have to look at the shitty carpet cover...what's the point of that? That's like dating a model, and having her wear a mask over her face to protect it from the sun, in case you divorce her and want her to find someone new, quickly.

It only looks really shitty if the owner never replaces it, otherwise it's just a bit of carpet vs boring yards of grey plastic normally.

Though the Middle-Eastern Chevrolet Caprice is a rebadged Holden Statesman, the US Caprice was never a Holden.

Yeah, we haven't had a Caprice here in 13 years. And ours was always an old heavy ass body on frame car. But we did get a version of the Statesman as a really shitty Cadillac in the late 90's.

I never understood it...okay, so the dash lasts longer and maybe you'll get more for it if you sell it...but the whole time YOU own it, you have to look at the shitty carpet cover...what's the point of that?

I'm a local and I've never understood them - carpet on top of the dashboard is just wrong IMHO.

I suppose...I'd just rather look at the car than carpet that never fits quite right, I guess.

Dash mats are there for a number of reasons, they prevent you dash from discolouration and cracking, and reduce glare off shiney modern dashboards. Apparently they also reduce in car temperatures and improve airconditioner performance, allthough I don't know about those last 2. I never really thought they look bad, I don't see how they look any worse then an uncovered dash, but that being said, I've never owned one...

Yeah, we haven't had a Caprice here in 13 years. And ours was always an old heavy ass body on frame car. But we did get a version of the Statesman as a really shitty Cadillac in the late 90's.

Well, to be honest, that was a Opel Omega, quite different to the Commodore, especially the Statesman, which is the long wheelbase of the Commodore.

Nice Statesman! The rear wheels could do with some spacers, though.

Well, to be honest, that was a Opel Omega, quite different to the Commodore, especially the Statesman, which is the long wheelbase of the Commodore.

Nice Statesman! The rear wheels could do with some spacers, though.

I stand corrected then, I just remembered it was a V body and it was terrible.

My dad has a dash-mat in his car. I hate the thing. It tends to end up in your lap when going round a roundabout. They never seem to quite fit to the shape of the dash well enough. :?

BTW: Very nice Statesman. Looks really good without being too 'tarted-up'. I see some pretty obnoxious examples of older ones around here pretty much daily. LOL