No 56k: My Car: 2002 Holden WH Statesman International

Thanks for the replies guys. I was under the impression that a few of this model when to the USA, but wasn't sure. I remember seeing a video on YouTube of a guy doing a few burnouts in a rented one, which looked to be in the USA, but I could be wrong.

The reason for the dash-mat in my car is to reduce glare - no other reason. I absolutely hate looking at the windscreen and seeing a reflection of my dashboard.

Also, the grill is the standard grill, and I'm not a huge fan of it either. In time, it will be replaced with something very similar to this (just without the badge) : http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa175/davestef2005/S6300970.jpg

andy

How did you get the headunit to sit in the middle? Did you have to remove the silver surround to remove the stock headunit? im looking at replacing my stock one, just need to know about how to do it

Thanks
Dragoon

nice wheels. the R8's are actually the ones i wanna get for my car. =)

I love the stance this thing has in the photos, very nice.

How did you get the headunit to sit in the middle? Did you have to remove the silver surround to remove the stock headunit? im looking at replacing my stock one, just need to know about how to do it

Thanks
Dragoon

Yeah mate, had to remove the silver surround. Very easy to do so - take your time and you'll be sweet. Because the WH Dash Fascia is a 3-piece item, all you need to do remove the small plastic tray from around the cigarette lighter, undo the screw each side of the cigarette lighter, wedge a small flathead screw-driver under the fascia between the power window switches and the cup-holders and gently pry it up. It will unclip from there, and you can take the lower part out. At the base of the remaining silver bit, there are 2 screws, undo these and gently pull the rest of the silver fascia towards the middle of the car. Try not to angle it or you may snap off a clip. Once that's off, you'll have access to remove the stereo. This is pretty easy too and can be done with a bent and chopped up coat-hanger :)

nice wheels. the R8's are actually the ones i wanna get for my car. =)

I like them alot, they suit the car nicely - shame I can't get them in a 19" or 20" size, would be nice!!

I love the stance this thing has in the photos, very nice.

Thanks mate - the front of the car is going to be a little lower in the coming weeks, not happy with the uneven height but I love how it sits nice and low in the rear :)

andy

Damn, never seen VY R8's on a WH before.

Looks sexual both on a WH and a silver one at that.

Always preferred these to the WK onwards.

Very nice car you've got =D

Thought I'd pop up some pictures of my other cars :)

Current Daily Driver:

2ij5cf6.jpg

Previous "Good Car":

ilhulx.jpg

Bush/Paddock Bashers:

29ftx1.jpg

b4aqud.jpg

andy

Nice Coronas! Only really good for paddock bashing, let's face it! :lol:

That they are :) The Silver one has plenty of videos on YouTube, doing burnouts on concrete out at a car festival a few years back :)

andy

Been a while - thought I'd post up...

No massive progress with this one, been wasting money on other ventures unfortunately. The car is looking a little worse for wear due to it's toll of being used every day and covering close to 60,000km's in the last 12 months alone. Other than a new stereo (Double-DIN DVD Player), new shortened shocks and new springs, no real change.

Never fear thou, I have a new job and a new daily driver, so I can finally look at spending some much needed money on this luxo-barge.

Here is a short-list of what needs to be done:

New tailshaft, current one is out of balance.
New tailshaft rubber donut mounts.
New rear driveshafts complete with inner and outer CV's.
New diff, current one is shagged out, meant to be LSD but its always open.
Replace all the rubber bush mounts in the entire car, constant use has taken it's toll.
New exhaust, existing was damaged and I've had to go back to stock for the time being.

Then comes the nicer stuff...

Get all the dings taken out (quite a few!) and have the car painted - thinking HSV Cherry Black at this stage.
New wheels, totally undecided here but they will be a factory wheel of some sort, not keen on aftermarket.
Get the tint redone, couple of scratches in it, 22% sounds nice.
Fix a few other minor things.

Once all that is done, I will be happy :)

I've started a new thread for the daily drive.

... the rear and especially the front bumper make it look like the car is bend upwards from the middle ... or has a hanging belly ...

Out of all the pics taken on that day, this is the only one that had that effect :p I do see what you mean, but I can assure you that it all lines up swell :D