My Clio 182

Shadowness

Car(s)
Caged Clio 182 Track Car
Hey FG, long time no see!
I haven't been up to much automotive photography wise unfortunately, but today I had my proper first play!

After washing the car (again!), I decided to pop out to have a play with my studio flashes. I had a play with the rig a while ago with disappointing result, but today went MUCH better!

These photos are to get myself some more experience in external lighting, so I wasnt really paying attention to composition etc, mainly lighting.

Some of the lighting is a bit harsh, that's because I was unable to use my brollys because of the wind! I tried to set them up, and they blew away!!

Anyway, enough talk......

DSC_0098.jpg

DSC_0123.jpg

DSC_0197.jpg

DSC_0111.jpg

5. and my fav of the day!
DSC_0160.jpg

They're not 100% perfect, but like I said, these were practice shots

Comments welcome!

looking good from amateurs point of view.. maybe a touch of contrast wouldve been nice. hard to tell im watching these from very bright laptop screen...

Very nice! Great lighting, but a slight tweak in contrast would make them perfection!

BTW, the compositions are great, too. Can you tell us how you setup the lighting?

BTW, the compositions are great, too. Can you tell us how you setup the lighting?

lol really?! I wasnt paying any attention to compositions. I just parked the car, and framed it as best I could.

For lighting, I used to 500W flashes. Just like your typical studio lights, and they each have their own battery so they are portable.

Very nice! Great lighting, but a slight tweak in contrast would make them perfection!

Yeh I see that now. Do these look better?

DSC_0160_2.jpg

I upped the contrast, and played with the colour balance of the background.

This one I think I went too far! Thoughts?

DSC_0197_2.jpg

Yup the car looks more featured now.

For lighting, I used to 500W flashes. Just like your typical studio lights, and they each have their own battery so they are portable.
With some sort of diffuser? Umbrellas? How many? Where were they placed in relation to the subject?