My computer wont turn on

Red_Bull

Gives you wings?
Seems like the place for this!

My knowledge on these sorts of things is limited but i'm having trouble with my computer. Whenever I go to boot it increasingly it just hangs with blank monitors or cycles through a couple of pages of info and the bios intro screen without getting anywhere. Sometimes it'll come up with 'no drives detected'. Eventually after a couple of tries it starts normally and once windows is open everything runs fine.

My housemate thinks it's the motherboard but could it be the SSD drive? Sorry it's probably not much to go on and could be a range of things. If it is the motherboard is it fixable or (most likely) do I need a new one?

It could be a bad device plugged into it, a card, or the power supply.

I'm doubting it is the motherboard, it could be the SSD. I'd make a backup of your data ASAP.

I'm a bit late to this thread but...

SSDs are pretty reliable generally, from what I understand. If I were you, I'd back it up ASAP. Once that's done, power supply is the first thing I'd try replacing. Make sure you can return any and all parts you try replacing! I just went through this and for me it ended up being the motherboard; I returned the new power supply and a defective replacement motherboard and CPU.