My Dads X type

LeMans GTR

yep we bought an x type i know that sounds like crap but atleast its an 2.5 litre awd model

will post pics once i find them

Last edited:
We bought an 2.5L X-type two years ago. Overall, its not a bad car but you really aren't getting a whole lot for your money.

we bought it used at 43880 Aussie dollar so it was relativeley cheap for us

Last edited:
I will be praying for you.....

Zuhaib,
Former Jaguar S-Type Owner.

The interior looks allright...very upmarket for something relatively entry level in the luxury segment. Looks and 'feel' do differ...

the leather looks better in the picture than in real life but u gotta say the electric seats can lean back so much u could use it as a bed albeit a leather one

Buying used makes more sense, see my dad works for Ford so we got a discount. It handles decently well, the AWD system is good in snow, the engine even sounds kinda cool high in the rev range. But if you havent noticed yet, the brakes really suck.
You wont really have too much trouble seeing as how you live in Australia, but here when the weather gets shitty you have to drive expecting to have to slam on the brakes if something unexpected happens.

my parents only bought it because its a "jaguar"

I like the XType. Better then any other Ford sedan in the US, except the Crown Vic.

On a side note, not to be a dick or anything, but this thread shouldn't be here. I wouldn't have said anything if there were at least photos, but there isn't. The rules seem clear about cars that belong to family members... don't they? Anyway, just a thought.

Buying used makes more sense, see my dad works for Ford so we got a discount. It handles decently well, the AWD system is good in snow, the engine even sounds kinda cool high in the rev range. But if you havent noticed yet, the brakes really suck.
You wont really have too much trouble seeing as how you live in Australia, but here when the weather gets shitty you have to drive expecting to have to slam on the brakes if something unexpected happens.

my parents only bought it because its a "jaguar"

yeah mine too and about the brakes there utterley useless. Once we nearly collided into a parked car cos the brakes were so shabby we couldnt stop sliding down the hill but in the end we just pulled pulled the e brake and got out of the rut

btw they dont seem to care about the ford bits in the interior

I like the XType. Better then any other Ford sedan in the US, except the Crown Vic.

On a side note, not to be a dick or anything, but this thread shouldn't be here. I wouldn't have said anything if there were at least photos, but there isn't. The rules seem clear about cars that belong to family members... don't they? Anyway, just a thought.

those pics are just a filler until i get back to aussie land

I was at jaguar (well technically it was volvo but they're in the same building next to each other) and I was surprised at how much jag you can get for your 2nd hand dollars compared to how much german you can buy with your dollars. The jag seems to start off most expensive and fall to the cheapest :eek:

Jags have some of the worst resale values.. :p