My late 2002 E46 BMW M3

deuses

Car(s)
///M Coupe
This is my favorite. I originally sold this car to buy a new M coupe but that has now changed to a new E92 M3.

For the record, I loved the SMG! It was fantastic! I street raced a lot of cars in this and never lost. Just an incredible amount of fun from the moment you turn it on until you get to your destination. I was usually sad when I got to where I was going because I wanted to keep driving, I just never wanted to get out of the car. So when BMW says "The Ultimate Driving Machine," I think that's what they're getting at...

P1010218.JPG

P1010220.JPG

P1010265.JPG

m3.JPG

^^ btw, that's me driving.

P1010681.JPG

P1010695.JPG

P1010726.JPG

P1010656.JPG

P1010215.JPG

P1010674.JPG

P1010699.JPG

P1010705.JPG

For more, check out http://picasaweb.google.com/sudo.darkstar

I did a little researching on the early year E46 M3s and heard that they had some serious issues regarding their engines reliability. Did you experience anything like that whilst owning yours?

I did a little researching on the early year E46 M3s and heard that they had some serious issues regarding their engines reliability. Did you experience anything like that whilst owning yours?

Nope, the recall had already been done before I bought it. Also, BMW upped the warranty life of the engine to 5 years, 100,000 miles. Pretty nice of them.

I am so jealous. I've always wanted one of those.

Dang, a E46 M3 at 22 years old? You are one lucky son of a gun. Enjoy your E92 and stay safe when street racing.

Nope, the recall had already been done before I bought it. Also, BMW upped the warranty life of the engine to 5 years, 100,000 miles. Pretty nice of them.

That's what it was. I knew I read something about a recall and what not. I just got a promotion at work so I've been looking at two or three different cars to buy after winter rolls through. This one was always on the list, maybe not a front runner, but always there.

I guess I'd have to drive one to really understand the perfomance.

That's what it was. I knew I read something about a recall and what not. I just got a promotion at work so I've been looking at two or three different cars to buy after winter rolls through. This one was always on the list, maybe not a front runner, but always there.

I guess I'd have to drive one to really understand the perfomance.

What cars are you thinking about getting?

What cars are you thinking about getting?

Well several different cars for several different reasons. The short of it is - A MINI Cooper S just cause I've always wanted one, I drove one and loved it. A G35 coupe, although it maybe a bit out of my price range. Or possibly if I can luck out a used M3 or s60R.

Well I sold my SMG M3 with about 30,000 miles on it, with full warranty, and a full set of spare OEM rims and tires, for $31,900USD. And that's MUCH better than a G35. The G35 is just boring, the interior just screams cheap plastic and there's really nothing interesting about it.

I'd go as far to say the interior of a Honda Civic is more interesting than the inside of a G35.

My gf owns a new Mini S with the Hypersport body kit. It's a fantastic car but if you're buying one new, don't take one off the lot. The whole idea of the mini is to make it personal and different from everyone elses so customize one and wait for the delivery.

I'd go as far to say the interior of a Honda Civic is more interesting than the inside of a G35.

I don't think you've ever been inside a new G35. I hope you're not being a common :bmwpoo: owner, because that would be really sad. For comparison:

https://pic.armedcats.net/2007/11/10/ag07g35interior.jpg

https://pic.armedcats.net/2007/11/10/lk07civicexinterior.jpg

I've been in both and the Infiniti has a much higher-quality interior.

Last edited:
Fantastic M3 :clap:
I would hate to say goodbye to a car like that but I guess if you're getting the new one then it's not so bad.

Well I sold my SMG M3 with about 30,000 miles on it, with full warranty, and a full set of spare OEM rims and tires, for $31,900USD. And that's MUCH better than a G35. The G35 is just boring, the interior just screams cheap plastic and there's really nothing interesting about it.

My gf owns a new Mini S with the Hypersport body kit. It's a fantastic car but if you're buying one new, don't take one off the lot. The whole idea of the mini is to make it personal and different from everyone elses so customize one and wait for the delivery.

Wow, i was going to say your car looked very nice, but that comment just pissed me off. Typical BMW owner.

I love how your M3 had 30k miles, and you sold it for 32k. But seeing as a BRAND NEW G35 starts at 33k, i wouldnt bitch to much. I mean, the G ONLY has 30k less miles on it than your OLD BMW.

^....Right.

Yeah, I realise the whole point the MINI experience is to order a personalised one and take delivery. But tbh, I don't like the new one.... and I' not hugely picky when it comes to one. I just want the car for the fact that it's a fun car. If I don't get Union Jack mirror caps, I won't be crushed.

Also, with all options you have when buying a new MINI, I'd drive myself crazy. Just when I'd think I got it right, I would turn around and change it all. Never mind the fact that I'd end up spending probably $15K just on accessories.

I don't think you've ever been inside a new G35. I hope you're not being a common :bmwpoo: owner, because that would be really sad. For comparison:

I've been in both and the Infiniti has a much higher-quality interior.

It just doesn't feel special. I've been in both the new G-35 and G-37 (admittedly, both without sat-nav) and the car just doesn't make me feel special. It makes me feel like I'm in a cheap Nissan with cheap leather and an old fashion clock glued to the dash. And the car gave nothing to take away from that feeling.

On the other hand, I drove the 350Z, simply amazing. In this car, the interior could be cardboard, I wouldn't care because the feel of driving it is so good. The steering is literally perfect. I've never driven another car that had better feeling through the steering wheel. Same with something like a lotus where there's no luxuries at all, the feel from driving it just makes up for any shortfalls it could possibly have. The G35, just didn't have anything in it to make it feel special, in my opinion it falls short in every way.

For $30,000 USD, I'd get a 350Z.