My Mirage build thread.

C53A_4G63T

Car(s)
99' Infiniti Q45t, 89 Mitsubishi Mirage Turbo
I will be posting alot of pics in here. This is what has been completed so far. Any questions just ask. I copied all of these from my posts on another forum.

As some of you know, who frequent this forum, I have a rare 1989 Mitsubishi Mirage Turbo. Last year I had a shit ton of problems with it and decided I had enough and pulled the motor. This was before winter, so Fall 07'. It has been sitting in my backyard under a cover since them and have only recently pulled it out.

My plan was to do a simple set up and only do about 400-450 wheel horsepower. I hope to achieve this by the end of July. Driving it on my birthday would be great, but who knows.

As of now I have a few things to do:

1. Weld split in lower radiator support.
2. Paint engine bay. I shall paint it Gold.
3. Paint new motor. I am painting it in pastel colors. So, Mary Kay pink, Mint green, Robin's Egg blue and Banana yellow. All to keep up with the 80's.
4. Drop in motor.
5. Redesign exhaust system. Including new o2 housing and external wastegate dump.
6. Weld a set of intercooler pipes.
7. Go over entire wiring in the dash and engine.
8. Get it to pass emissions. God help me.

I have picked up a new motor for the car. I got a great deal on it from someone who needed the cash. It has 4,000 miles on it and the specs are as follows:

2.0ltr 4G63T
8.5:1 compression
bored .20
Manley Pistons(forged)
Scat Rods(forged)
ARP all around
Magnafluxed
Clevite bearings
Line honed
block was decked
3 layer metal HG
crank balanced
1G head untouched
1G intake untouched

I picked it up for $1,060 plus I got a boost controller, extrnal oil cooler, throttle body and some other random bits.

Now for some current pics:

My (parents) Garage:
garage2.jpg

Several shelves of parts and spare engines/transmissions:
garage3.jpg

New engine on the stand:
garage1.jpg

newengine004.jpg

Starded to degrease and strip old dark green paint:
newengine005.jpg

Image dump from today. Just did some stripping on the otherside of the block. I have to finish it up tomorrow.

enginepreppart2001.jpg

enginepreppart2002.jpg

enginepreppart2003.jpg

enginepreppart2004.jpg

enginepreppart2005.jpg

enginepreppart2010.jpg

enginepreppart2011.jpg

enginepreppart2012.jpg

enginepreppart2013.jpg

Picture dump from today. I primered. That is all.

Oh and fucking the paint I was going to paint the block is all fucked up. It won't spray. So I don't know if I can paint it tomorrow. Unless I some how find some place local that carries the color I want. Who knows. Penis.

enginepreppart3001.jpg

enginepreppart3002.jpg

enginepreppart3004.jpg

enginepreppart3005.jpg

enginepreppart3006.jpg

enginepreppart3007.jpg

enginepreppart3003.jpg

enginepreppart3008.jpg

No your eyes do not decieve you. This is the color combination. I wanted to also add mint green and banana yellow into the combo, but I could not find it in engine enamel. So it is what it is. The lettering on the valve cover will be pink. Also the intake manifold needs to be primered and painted baby blue. And I am doing the fuel rail pink also.

Now for pics:

enginepainted003.jpg

enginepainted004.jpg

enginepainted005.jpg

enginepainted002.jpg

enginepainted001.jpg

very cool.. won't that be a tractionless handful with 400-450whp though?

With my suspension set up, LSD and solid motor mounts, It should be alot easier to handle. But really the most important part is whats behind the steering wheel. If you don't have common sense and car control, then you have a problem on your hands.

I have driven lots of high powered front wheel drive cars and all it takes is some right foot control and you are fine.

Fantastic little car! nice build so far. and i quite like the color combo for the engine. just not in any of my chevys :p also. will you marry me ? :-D:love:

You might be quite suprised on the honeymoon. ;)

Unless, that is, you go that way.... :lol:

well if the quote under your name is false then i might be very surprised! :D but im quite the manly man tyvm :p any recent update on the progress of the car ?

Nothing yet. Girlfriend is taking up my time, and the rest is spent sleeping. Hopefully this week I will get it painted 100% and most of the stuff bolted back on. Ready to be dropped in.

Please be joking.

Negative. Thats what I should be running with my baby turbo. I plan on getting a new set up next year. Should be doing 600whp then. :D

4G63's are just monster's proper tuning and build can yield a lot more just check out some of the crazy power some guys are putting out with DSM's and Evo's this little thing its going to be scary :p

Before dirty, after clean. I have a timeline for completion. But I am going to need alot of parts. I am rebuilding this once and doing it right.

Miragebackin007.jpg

Miragebackin006.jpg

Miragebackin005.jpg

Miragebackin008.jpg

Miragebackin009.jpg

Miragebackin010.jpg

Miragebackin011.jpg

Started stripping the front end. I am gonna finish pulling the rest of the stuff tomorrow, degrease and power wash the engine bay. Anyone want an intercooler?

Miragestrippedfrontend002.jpg

Miragestrippedfrontend009.jpg

Miragestrippedfrontend010.jpg

Miragestrippedfrontend011.jpg

Miragestrippedfrontend015.jpg

Miragestrippedfrontend016.jpg

Miragestrippedfrontend017.jpg

Miragestrippedfrontend014.jpg

Oh and I was trying out my new phone. He's a pic of my daily driver.

0906081523.jpg

It's been a long time since I updated. I have since stripped the front end and painted it gold. I just got the engine bolted in. It will be going to a new garage for the winter so I can finish it.

Enginein1.jpg

Enginein2.jpg

Enginein3.jpg

Enginein4.jpg

Yay another 4G63 owner. Looks like a great build...too bad its fail wheel drive.

If it was a base model, I would have converted it to AWD in a heartbeat. I can not bring myself to cut up a factory turbo car. Too rare. At least paint I can reverse.