Someone Else's Problem: My new 2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon Limited

RdKetchup

Snow Mexican Surender Monkey
DONOR
Car(s)
FoRS, Japanese touring triple
Finaly took delivery of my car this morning :cool:

Better pictures and proof of ownership coming up in the next few days, for now just a few crappy cell phone pics I took before leaving the dealership.

IMG_20110901_102554.jpg

IMG_20110901_102930.jpg

Proof pic:
20110903_075959.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats they're great cars, I miss my 07 Spec B. Did the 07 wagons retain a MT in Canada or were they AT only, as well? My advice is buy an Accessport ECU reflashing device and flash a stg 0 map which will improve fuel economy and throttle response without addition of any mods. It won't be a huge increase but a good start.

Congrats they're great cars, I miss my 07 Spec B. Did the 07 wagons retain a MT in Canada or were they AT only, as well? My advice is buy an Accessport ECU reflashing device and flash a stg 0 map which will improve fuel economy and throttle response without addition of any mods. It won't be a huge increase but a good start.

Yep, it's a 5 speed manual, last year they made the GT Wagon as a manual in Canukistan.

A Cobb accessport is definitely somewhere in the near future of that car, with possibly a up-pipe and down-pipe upgrade as well (maybe next summer for those parts).

Mmm, I love that gen Legacy. We didn't get the 2.5 GT in Europe sadly, but already the 3.0R is a pretty well going sedan so the GT must go rather effortlessy. Is it a Spec B or normal GT?

Yep, it's a 5 speed manual, last year they made the GT Wagon as a manual in Canukistan.

A Cobb accessport is definitely somewhere in the near future of that car, with possibly a up-pipe and down-pipe upgrade as well (maybe next summer for those parts).

Even tho some subaru owners consider it a cardinal sin because you lose the highly overrated 'boxer exhaust rumble' I am a strong proponent of equal length headers as well. More gains and few downsides aside from the loss of said characteristic exhaust note. Even the JDM Sti's nowadays use equal length headers out of the factory, but I suppose North American fans know better than the japanese ;lol:

Mmm, I love that gen Legacy. We didn't get the 2.5 GT in Europe sadly, but already the 3.0R is a pretty well going sedan so the GT must go rather effortlessy. Is it a Spec B or normal GT?

Spec B trim not available in wagon form in North america, it is a GT like it says in his thread title.

Ah okay, I thought Spec B was just a variant of the GT like Europe got 3.0R and 3.0R Spec B, both sedan and wagon. Thanks for correcting! :)

Yeah, I would have loved a Spec.B with the upgraded Bilstein suspension and the 6 speed manual, but I really wanted a wagon. If I really feel the need, I'll upgrade some suspension bits down the line.

Yeah, it's so much easier to upgrade the suspension than body :) And anyway if you swap the shocks and springs to some other aftermarket item you might get much better working suspension than the stock Spec B, and if you'd have bought Spec B now and upgraded later it would have been a bit waste. :)

Yeah, it's so much easier to upgrade the suspension than body :) And anyway if you swap the shocks and springs to some other aftermarket item you might get much better working suspension than the stock Spec B, and if you'd have bought Spec B now and upgraded later it would have been a bit waste. :)

The reason for buying the Spec B is the Sti 6 speed transmission, not the bilstein suspension, that doesn't handle that fantastic and is more of a marketing gimmick than anything ( I changed my suspension right away anyway) but the 6 speed MT was totally worth it, I loved it.

The reason for buying the Spec B is the Sti 6 speed transmission, not the bilstein suspension, that doesn't handle that fantastic and is more of a marketing gimmick than anything ( I changed my suspension right away anyway) but the 6 speed MT was totally worth it, I loved it.

Nice, nice, nice. Every time I see these, I can't help but think what a good looking car it is. It's one of the candidates for my next car. Does it do the gauge sweep when you turn it on? If so, added awesomeness.

Nice, nice, nice. Every time I see these, I can't help but think what a good looking car it is. It's one of the candidates for my next car. Does it do the gauge sweep when you turn it on? If so, added awesomeness.

Yes it does :D

I'll try to capture it in picture when I have the time, just need to find a way to setup my DSLR for a steady 1 sec exposure.

Those are really rare to see, and I work at a Subaru dealership! Usually it is the Outback version of that vintage.

Those are really rare to see, and I work at a Subaru dealership! Usually it is the Outback version of that vintage.

Yeah. I saw a 2007 (last year of the 5 speed manual GT wagon here in Canada) for sale earlier this summer, booked a test drive, only to show up at my appointment and find a closed shop, no salesman, and a SOLD sign in the car I was supposed to test.

2 weeks ago I went to the biggest Subaru dealer in Montreal to ask them to look around and let me know if they ever saw one, following the recommendation of a friend. To my surprise, when I told that to the used car sales rep, he told me he had just gotten 2, a 2007 with 69000km, and a 2006 with 90k both not even listed up for sale yet. As soon as he listed the car for sale the following Monday, I booked a test drive for the next day, and signed the deal right after the test drive. Really didn't want to let this one slip trough.

The color was definitely not my favorite (I prefer the dark grey metallic), but it is growing up on me, and every time I walk up to my car it brings a huge smile on my face :)

is the colour regal blue pearl? with black wheels, it makes the car amazing - i have seen pictures of one with oz super or was it ultralagerras. SO HOT.
although I would like a white GT/GT-B wagon as first choice. :p

They give you a turbo AND a fuel economy gauge?

is the colour regal blue pearl?

Yeah, I think so.

They give you a turbo AND a fuel economy gauge?

I call that a fun meter, the farther to the left, the most fun you're having. And the computer doesn't display over 50l/100km :lol:

Today I picked-up and installed my new wheels and tires :)

DSC_3367.JPG

DSC_3368.JPG

Yeah, it needs a drop, badly!

Do you really need a wagon? Sedan looks much better IMO. Congrats on the car anyways! :thumbsup: