My new 2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 5-door

Yeah, I ended up going with the white. Another website I saw had them in silver, but they wanted $5 for shipping, on top of the $10 for the stickers. Where I bought them from is good quality, nice and crisp, and was $10 overall. I think it took 3 business days total. Just be aware you might need to snip here and there as our mirrors are a bit more rounded than I expected. However, I think it came out great. I'm very happy to have my piggies :)

Eventually, I'm gonna get some RallyArmor mud flaps, and I'll put my CTSubie stickers there. No NESOC stickers for me... I'm gonna go a bit more local :-D

Alrighty, going to order now then! :mrgreen:

Oh god that looks terrible.. must be a subaru owner/bad-taste thing..

Hate to say it, but yes most Subaru owners do have bad taste. Could be have to do with the idea that buying a Subaru is rebellious in some way, cos they're a bit different. Possibly cos they're typically bought by teenagers, or by parents, for teenagers I should say. :p

Well, I detailed my car today, and here are a couple of HDR pictures I took a week or so ago.

PICT3609.jpg

PICT3608.jpg

PICT3607.jpg

PICT3606.jpg

PICT3605.jpg

HDR4.jpg

HDR1.jpg

HDR2.jpg

HDR3.jpg

Sexy but rip them stickers off.

Hate to say it, but yes most Subaru owners do have bad taste. Could be have to do with the idea that buying a Subaru is rebellious in some way, cos they're a bit different. Possibly cos they're typically bought by teenagers, or by parents, for teenagers I should say. :p

as far as the turbo cars go, thats very true. I know that when impreza turbos came out in the UK, they were in the domain of douchebag, baggypants kids and thus reflective of bad taste normal for their age. modded wrxs ive seen in australian mags also reflect similar bad taste.

in the US, prior to the release of their 2002 WRX (first bugeye GDA chassis model) subaru owners were part of a more mature, tasteful, reasonably intelligent crowd, but once the turbo model hit our shores, all the moron kids and douchebags who drove fixed up honda civics, integras, and DSM cars started migrated to the WRX and subsequent Sti models. note, this is NOT directed towards the OP, just a general observation.

Another reason after 10 years of subaru ownership, ive grown officially sick of the subaru crowd on and moving onto more luxurious, mature sports sedans, because i dont care so much anymore about modding cars to the point of making them completely uncomfortable to drive on a daily basis and look goofy/stupid as hell with exterior visual mods. was fun at one point, but feels totally pointless.

as you can see, my spoiler has grown progressively smaller w age, lol

the gray CG8 with the RB5 style wing
http://img393.imageshack.**/img393/278/indymeet05bv6.jpg

then my white GD WRX
http://img112.imageshack.**/img112/7954/cimg0005co8.jpg

then now, lol
http://img108.imageshack.**/img108/8669/specbjdm05fv3.jpg

as far as rallypig stickers go, its just a cult subaru thing, ppl outside the circle dont understand it, and they aren't meant to, but its pointless to ask him to remove them since they are identified with the WRC imprezas.

Last edited:
^ Your car actually is an exception to the rule, you've done a nice job in keeping it clean looking. I've seen Imprezas with the full-on riceboy treatment, with fluorescent paint, bodykits and big exhausts, everything.

In fact, a lot of Japanese cars get the same treatment. Maybe the owners are so hopped-up on drugs, their taste sort of goes out the window. :lol:

^ Your car actually is an exception to the rule, you've done a nice job in keeping it clean looking. I've seen Imprezas with the full-on riceboy treatment, with fluorescent paint, bodykits and big exhausts, everything.

In fact, a lot of Japanese cars get the same treatment. Maybe the owners are so hopped-up on drugs, their taste sort of goes out the window. :lol:

youre probably not familiar with japanese/tokyo fashion sense or watch much anime. us westerners have to be on drugs to adopt such wacky looks, for them its just their culture.

^ You're right there, I'm not all that familiar with with Japanese culture and fashion. I don't have a problem with it, the whole drifting scene is pretty cool. I have respect for what they're doing.

My problem lies with movies and such, trying to popularise Japanese culture in the West/America and getting it it wrong. People mistake that with real culture and try to copy what they've been told. It's all out of ignorance and trying to associate themselves with something they think is cool, not because it's their culture. It's just vanity and corporate greed, very fake.

To the OP, I'm sorry if us two have steered your thread in a direction other than desired.

Well, for the record, I have no turbo, I will neon paint nor tasteless bodykits. Exhausts, however, I can't promise anything on when I start getting money that I can spend. I do want to uncork the engine sound a little bit, but that's not until after I get some nice rims and probably lowering springs and a rear-disc conversion for my car.

Well, did some research. Gonna need to get uneven headers before I can get any sort of exhaust. However, I just ordered some parts right before a big CTSUBIE meet, so I'll have some pictures from then of my car, as well as some crazy sick STi's that are part of my owners club. I cannot wait for the 26th!

Must...know...parts...pics! :mrgreen:

Rims are coming after I move out of my parent's house. Parts are a secret, but I'll hopefully have some new pictures from a photoshoot yesterday. Pictures that even the biggest '08 haters will say are hot.

Well, did some research. Gonna need to get uneven headers before I can get any sort of exhaust.

The weird exhaust arrangement is why WRX's and STI' have the "wump wump wump" sound. You should expect a similar result, though not as muffled. Probably sharper.

I love that sound, it is totally unique to only one manufacturer, not many can claim that.

The weird exhaust arrangement is why WRX's and STI' have the "wump wump wump" sound. You should expect a similar result, though not as muffled. Probably sharper.

I love that sound, it is totally unique to only one manufacturer, not many can claim that.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it. However, that's not in the cards for a bit. Gotta save money to make money.

Gotta get rid of that dealership sticker! :thumbsdown:

Get some rims for it. Looks good, but im still not a fan of the new shape.

I apologize. However, I promise these will make you a fan

IMG_9605.jpg

IMG_9608.jpg

With thanks to K.W. Photography.

And I've said it before, I'M GETTING RIMS. I just can't afford them until I move out and save up. THERE ARE RIMS ON THE WAY.

Last edited: