My new 2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 5-door

^ I'm not sure about debadging but I would take off the dealer sticker. I hate when they put those on.

x2, I hate it too,

also, not trying to stir shit here, but wannabess, did you really have to quote all those pictures? It's a pain in the ass to have to scroll through all the pictures that are already in the post 2 above.

So, I just took my car driving for the first time in the snow today (I go to school in upstate New York and I woke up to 2 inches of fresh powder. Well, I took a quick spin around campus, and holy God is this car fun in the snow. I was doing perfect all-wheel-drive drifts in the snow without even trying, just coming out of a corner it would get sideways, and I would dial in opposite lock like I was taught at Skip Barber this summer caught the car and drove away nice and straight. I've never, ever, had such a smile on my face after driving. I can't wait for 3 or 4 inches and no plows.

Nice car, can't wait to see what it looks like with a little work.

Don't bother with SPT parts, they are usually overpriced and not the best. I don't know how much aftermarket stuff there is yet for '08, but I'm sure some of the older stuff like rims will work. And I bet the rear brakes converted to disk wouldn't be bad since it is the same rear suspension as the legacy.

You might want to check out RS25.com for some info on n/a imprezas. NASIOC is also a great resource, but I don't hang out there much because there are too many jerks.

I'm at NASIOC, and I registered for RS25, but there doesn't seem to be ANYTHING for 2.5is on the latter.

Well, I've worked out my list of modifications to do to the car when I get the money.

Starting with an intake and exhaust system, probably SPT, and iPod integration as a birthday present, then discs at all corners, Prodrive WRC1s, turbocharged engine, FMIC, short shifter, suspension work, the whole nine yards, while still keeping the sleeper "I'm not driving a WRX so I can't possibly be turbocharged!" look, and roughly in that order. Maybe also a GrillCraft grille once I see what it looks like and how much it is.

noisy exhausts are fine, but avoid large diameter exhausts(i say this to anyone planning on getting a exhaust system), i know with turbochargers there more acceptable, but large diameter pipes don't always help flow dynamics so much as change them, Stainless exhaust with mandrel bends, thats what i'd look for.

Also i would be careful with short shifters, there fine 95% of the time, but if know at least two people (not usually dumbasses either) who blew engines by mis-shifting right after they had installed short shifter kits, one was a RSX Type-S and one was a Mustang GT. I would install shifter bushings before i would think about getting a short shifter, personally i like a bit of throw so long as the ergonomics of the shifter are good.

Also, by discs at each corner, do you mean bigger brakes? If so i would avoid that completely unless you can find evidence that the brake upgrade is somehow lighter then stock (or if your rears are drums, i don't know much about the 08 impreza), usually all bigger brake kits do on streetcars is add to unsprung suspension weight, which seems kind of counterproductive if you going to be investing in WRC1s.

Last edited:
SPT is Subaru Performance Tuning, it's like STi only it spans all of their lines, not just the WRX and XT.
http://www.subaru.com/microsites/spt/home.sptmain

There's not a lot of stuff out for the '08s yet, but there should be soon.

And yes, the base 2.5i comes with rear drums, so I'm planning on finding a wrecked WRX and parting it into my car. So that'll be suspension, discs at all corners, engine, et cetera. All I'll need is the FMIC

Noise in the video is either the heater going full blast or the car telling me I'm not wearing a seatbelt.

[YOUTUBE]z_WhMAq4EPg[/YOUTUBE]
PICT3529.jpg

PICT3531.jpg

PICT3530.jpg

Last edited:
Nice ride,

The hatchback look is growing on me, but I'd still rather have the sedan. I'm not fond of any hatchback, no matter how fast it is. I want a actual trunk...

I need to put the dead bodies in something without drawing attention...

^ Isn't that what a Parcel shelf is for? I much prefer the 5 door Impreza. The sedan somehow reminds me of a Suzuki Aerio.

I see the seatbelt bong/beep still goes on and on :D. I'm very suprised that the 2.5i comes with drums in the back...I just had to change some out last week...those are bastards.

I'd say by the fall, SPT will have a decent selection of performance parts for the Impreza, and my car will be outdated :p

Silverstar: Well, if you wanna trade cars this fall, I will gladly take the STi off your hands, the '08, I mean. God I love this bodystyle :-D

And if you get the Premium Package, you get discs at all four. I just didn't. However, some cool things about the 2.5i is that they leave in all the spots for sway bars. I found a good set of front and rears (22mm and 19mm solids, up from 20mm and 15mm) that turn the car into a new beast, and bolt right in. $300 for the set from Rallitec, and I'll probably take Ottobon's advice and get $35 shifter bushings at the same time, instead of a $250 short shift kit. While the car is having the sway bars installed, I'll put in the bushings. Might as well, while I'm under the car.

Well, here's my first attempt at HDR photography. I forgot a bit of my tripod at home, so I had to make do with steady hands, hence why some of the pictures look a bit wonky.

Snapshot2008-03-0314-08-21.jpg

Snapshot2008-03-0314-28-31.jpg

Snapshot2008-03-0314-31-02.jpg

Snapshot2008-03-0314-33-58.jpg

Well, I got my first personalization of the car. Rally pigs!

IMAGE_163.jpg

IMAGE_165.jpg

IMAGE_164.jpg

IMAGE_166.jpg

IMAGE_167.jpg

And now you have Rally Pig decals. You sir, are now a part of the family. :)

LOL, when I was driving home today I was thinking of the rally pig stickers! I got a rally pig on my WRC body shell for my RC car :D. Freakin' sweet.

Who is selling them? I am so getting me some.

If you have to put one on, just do one, please.

I'm not anti-Rally Pig, just anti-putting stickers on your car.

I'm definately buying some. You got the white?

I saw they had silver ones, which would go with my silver MWSOC stickers I have, but I can't tell if they are still really active in selling?