My new Audi A8 3.2 FSI Quattro

jarborra

Car(s)
Audi A8
To compensate myself for having to move from London, England to Stockholm, Sweden (and no longer being able to watch Top Gear on BBC2!), I bought myself a nice, shiny Audi A8 3.2 FSI Quattro that's just over two years old. The dealer is taking care of a few small scratches and things and I am picking it up in less than a month's time!

It's sapphire black metallic with amaretto leather and vavona wood...and OEM 19" two-tone 12-spoke wheels. In other words, the same setup The Transporter drives in the sequel. The extras are too many to mention but some of my favorites include: radar-controlled cruise control, advanced key (i.e. keyless go), sunroof with solar panels to cool car when parked in the sun, iPod interface integrated into the Audi MMI system, comfort seats adjustable every conceivable way, Alcantara headliner.

http://img186.imageshack.**/img186/7676/xta0981001gc3.jpg

http://img293.imageshack.**/img293/7425/xta0982021gy2.jpg

http://img139.imageshack.**/img139/5087/xta0982041ym2.jpg

http://img139.imageshack.**/img139/972/xta0982061np5.jpg

http://img139.imageshack.**/img139/9334/xta0982081ad1.jpg

Some may say I should've gone for the V8 (especially coming from a BMW 7-series V8) but with gas prices where they are (and the wife nagging about the environment), the 3.2 V6 with common-rail injection was the smarter choice...and I wanted this particular color combination. I was interested in the diesels at first, but Sweden's archaic tax rules would make that uneconomical.

I can't wait 'til I am picking it up!

That's a lovely A8, I'm a big fan of the A8! I really like the colour of the seats and the wood, typically I don't go for wood but that does look nice.

Btw, how are you liking Sweden? I'm thinking about moving there when I finish uni.

Are you gonna do 'special' deliverys with it?

header.jpg

No, just kiddin', the A8 is seriously cool and as close to the - dare I say it? - perfect car as possible.

It's a beauty for sure... sucks about having to wait a month though. Quattro should serve you well in Sweden!

Thanks guys! Yeah, waiting sucks but I'm still in London for that entire time so I'm not missing it too much (yet).

The whole Transporter thing is quite funny. My previous car was a BMW 7-series E38 with 18" M-pars, just the car that he drives in the first movie...and now I went and bought the A8 he drives in the sequel. And the strange thing? In both cases I only saw the movie after buying the car! I guess Jason Statham and I have the same taste in big saloons!

I actually went through and took some 30 frame grabs from The Transporter 2. The car photographs really well!

Anti-net said:
Btw, how are you liking Sweden? I'm thinking about moving there when I finish uni.

I'll tell you once I've been there a while....I'm still in London. :p Although I'm Swedish originally, I've lived in the UK for 13 years now so I'm sure Sweden will have changed a bit in that time! It can be dark and depressing in winter, especially if it doesn't snow, but the girls are pretty and it is no longer as overpriced as it used to be. Everyone speaks English. There is a proper English pub in Stockholm: The Tudor Arms.

Last edited:
Sweet looking ride!

Sweet-looking car. Post plenty of pics once you get to Sweden and pick it up.

Will do. I've actually got a bunch of pics I took when I was test driving it. I'll upload them when I get home.

Sweet ride. How much SEK did you pay for it?

SEK 380k haggled down from 420k - plus they threw in 4x A8 original 17" rims and winter tires, rubber carpets all round, respraying the hood...and a full tank of gas!

You say why? I say why not? A special car for a special guy (me)!

:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Just kidding. Seriously though, I'm 6'7" (2 meters) tall and need all the space I can get. I also like big saloons - my previous car was a BMW 7-series (the good looking E38, not the current bloated whale).

I really like the way the A8 looks - it's much beefier than the A6. The interior in the A8 is on a whole other level than any of the other Audis (other than the R8, I haven't been in that). Plus I like treating myself!

:thumbup:

Last edited:
Hell yeah!

audi_logo_web2.jpg

Bigger... than... my.... house.

Nice choice in luxo barge. All it needs is a nice exhaust and call it done. Any plans?

Are you gonna do 'special' deliverys with it?

header.jpg

No, just kiddin', the A8 is seriously cool and as close to the - dare I say it? - perfect car as possible.

Doubt it. You need a W12 for that ;-)

I love that leather color, not a lot of people seem to agree with me on that but I just love it. It makes the interior so much more open. But if i where you, I would have went with the S-Class V6 =P.

^
Yeah, that leather color was the only one I was considering after I'd seen it in a showroom earlier.

I think the A8i is a bit "sportier" and I need the quattro for icy Sweden - I know the S-Class comes in 4-matic but they're rare and hard to find.