My New BMW 330xi

5 spd man? weird.... im sure 530i, 330i and 130i comes with 6spd man as std option

well this has sport pak..
if sport pak has no 6th gear then ... the rest doesnt either...
._.
i find 6th gear useless ......

5 spd man? weird.... im sure 530i, 330i and 130i comes with 6spd man as std option

He's driving the E46 and not the E90, I believe E46's has 5 gear mans

and Izari, honestly, you really make no sense to me

why would people invent 6 speeds if they suck? Keep in mind it isn't an Overdrive, it actually is a full gear which means you'll get closer ratio's and much better acceleration.

Last edited:

why would people invent 6 speeds if they suck? Keep in mind it isn't an Overdrive, it actually is a full gear which means you'll get closer ratio's and much better acceleration.

i didnt mean that it has no advantages...
i meant that for my drive (i never drive on high way) i use 1-4 ... barely any 5
and on my Z... 6th gear i used it for like 20 times in the entire ownership...
thats what i meant...
i didnt mean to challenge the advantages of closer ratios

well this has sport pak..
if sport pak has no 6th gear then ... the rest doesnt either...
._.
i find 6th gear useless ......

Sports pack does not change the gear ratio / gearbox config. Sportspack from BMW/Audi/Benz are simply comestic stuff. E.g Unique Wheels, Better Tyre, Lowered Suspension, Diff Interior Layout etc... Adding a sportspack on your 330 WILL not improve any engine performance at all, and it surely wont change the 6spd gearbox to a 5spd box.

And whats wrong with 6th gear? Faster Acceleration, Better fuel consumption. There is absolutely nothing wrong with 6spd gear box. Even Honda S2000 have a 6spd box.

oh yeah? didnt know its the E46 model... in that case, 5 spd man would be quite right.

Last edited:
Sports pack does not change the gear ratio / gearbox config. Sportspack from BMW/Audi/Benz are simply comestic stuff. E.g Unique Wheels, Better Tyre, Lowered Suspension, Diff Interior Layout etc... Adding a sportspack on your 330 WONT improve any engine performance at all, and it surely wont change the 6spd gearbox to a 5spd box.

And whats wrong with 6th gear? Faster Acceleration, Better fuel consumption. There is absolutely nothing wrong with 6spd gear box. Even Honda S2000 have a 6spd box.

oh yeah? didnt know its the E46 model... in that case, 5 spd man would be quite right.

^^oops, I forgot to change what I said, a little search on carpoint showed the later E46's had 6-speed manual and Izari has never told us what year his E46 is so I couldn't confirm, but its definitely between 2000-2002 I think judging from the tail and front headlights.

^^oops, I forgot to change what I said, a little search on carpoint showed the later E46's had 6-speed manual and Izari has never told us what year his E46 is so I couldn't confirm, but its definitely between 2000-2002 I think judging from the tail and front headlights.

even trade with Z ._.
:cry:

id do all my work...

well i got no experience is rebuilding engines and such
-___- and i got no tools to begin with...
u need at least an engine lift

well i got no experience is rebuilding engines and such
-___- and i got no tools to begin with...
u need at least an engine lift

we built my buddys ka by pulling everything off it and 5 guys pulled the block out of the car

pix now...
n6108971_30904661_4192.jpg

n6108971_30904662_4463.jpg

n6108971_30904663_4768.jpg

n6108971_30904664_5081.jpg

n6108971_30904665_5391.jpg

n6108971_30904667_6056.jpg

n6108971_30904670_7082.jpg

n6108971_30904672_7743.jpg

Sweet, pre face lift, love the M-Technik front bumper. Im a big fan of earlier E46's the interior was best at that time, now the plastics arent all to great, do you plan on doing anything to do the car?

Last edited:
^me too... I just like it because everything is angled towards the driver, not many cars have that anymore :(, but the only mods I'll do is make the tailights and headlights Eurostyle (Front is clear, your parking light should be white, tailights are red and white) :D

^me too... I just like it because everything is angled towards the driver, not many cars have that anymore :(, but the only mods I'll do is make the tailights and headlights Eurostyle (Front is clear, your parking light should be white, tailights are red and white) :D

me just ordered euro-clears @@ from egay lol
im not worried since they are just plastic lol...

me just ordered euro-clears @@ from egay lol
im not worried since they are just plastic lol...

just make sure it isn't too cheap, you don't want it to leak and fog up the inside of the headlight/taillight frame :D

and btw, if you're buying it off ebay, you should think about buying the LED version (The one made for the convertible, it might look good for the sedan), you can't buy the original though, it has to be some sort of copy.

Gunna chip it? ;)

saving for the summer whip

just make sure it isn't too cheap, you don't want it to leak and fog up the inside of the headlight/taillight frame :D

and btw, if you're buying it off ebay, you should think about buying the LED version (The one made for the convertible, it might look good for the sedan), you can't buy the original though, it has to be some sort of copy.

LED version looks rice boy...
:blink: its like "ALTEZZA lol :lmao:

How is it rice boy if some of the 3-Series ship from the factory with them?

saving for the summer whip

LED version looks rice boy...
:blink: its like "ALTEZZA lol :lmao:

you clearly haven't seen up nicely done E46's... The altezza style will only look good for cars designed for it. The LED is designed for the E46 3 series, it matches the car very well... you have to have very bad taste to make it rice... all E46's need is a nice set of Rims (18" M3's are nice), Euro lights, a bootlip or the spoiler (The low one that flows to the side and a nice set of lowering suspension) and preferably in black.