My new car - yeah its korean, don't laugh.

That definately exceeds my expectations and they were allready quite high,
looks like a very nice place to be :)
I'd take this over a 5 series BMW any day :)

That's a hell of a lot of kit/quality/style on a $35k car. :blink:

I just wanted to comment that you're not a fast driver. Or at least don't go far. It's been 2 months, man. Get some milage on that! :p

That's a hell of a lot of kit/quality/style on a $35k car. :blink:

Thanks, the V6 costs about $35K but mine is the V8 which cost $41K, still a ridiculous bargain, esp for UK folks since thats the equilavent of 25,600 GBP

Thanks, the V6 costs about $35K but mine is the V8 which cost $41K, still a ridiculous bargain, esp for UK folks since thats the equilavent of 25,600 GBP

That's ?27649 at the moment, you won't even get a cheapo diesel Mondeo for that price over here.

Looks great!

And the Venture Brothers is awesome. :p

That's ?27649 at the moment, you won't even get a cheapo diesel Mondeo for that price over here.

Yeah and weirdly, like German cars costing more in their own domestic market, this same car (no V8 avail, only V6 options in S Korea) is MORE expensive in Korea. There is grey market importing of USDM cars into Korea because of the significant price diff

Congratulations on the car, judging by the interior, it seems to be really nice!

I am impressed by the equipment level, and I would love to know about Hyundai quality in their new cars. Keep us updated!

i can't believe that people in here doesnt like the gold/white combo... i love it on a lot of cars. and looks good on yours... but change the grille :p

I think the wheels look brilliant on it.

I don't mind the wheels, i wouldn't personally have them, but as long as they are not on a car that has crappy rap/house music blaring for all those in a 10 metre radius to hear, I'm fine with them. Maybe that's just an Australia thing, cars like that are sadly wasted on people who kill the engines by over-revving them waaaaay too much and too often. :(

Then again, I'm currently looking at the new VW Polo's to buy in the next 3-4 yrs time, so that says a lot about my taste :D (I think they look cool!)

I don't mind the wheels, i wouldn't personally have them, but as long as they are not on a car that has crappy rap/house music blaring for all those in a 10 metre radius to hear, I'm fine with them. Maybe that's just an Australia thing, cars like that are sadly wasted on people who kill the engines by over-revving them waaaaay too much and too often. :(

People in the US do that kind of thing too, we call them 'hoopties' 'donks' and 'bling/pimpmobiles'.

Japanese version of the style is called VIP.

DSC_0045.jpg

vip-hyndai-genesis.jpg

wow i must say, this car is actually pretty nice looking, definitely like the interior, looks spiffy, very sophisticated and clean, congrats on the purchase

got tint installed, 35% front, 20% rear

4045032074_1e022966db_b.jpg

4045030602_dd724884b5_b.jpg

P I M P!

I'm impressed.

Looks good.

I realized today that every single Genesis sedan that I've seen was running aftermarket rims. I'm not even sure what the stock wheels look like. :p

Looks good.

I realized today that every single Genesis sedan that I've seen was running aftermarket rims. I'm not even sure what the stock wheels look like. :p

These are what my 18" stock wheels looked like, nothing earthshaking. My gold rims are 19"

09_hyundai_genesis_v8_sedan_00400.jpg

Google search reveals theres a few different styles out there but this is the spoke pattern seen most common on the V8 models (and nearly all the ones i've seen on the streets) the V6 model may come with a smaller 17" wheel with different spokes

Part of me loves this car, part of me hates it. All of me looks at it and decides that it is so very very asian and no white man could ever pull it off.