My replacement for the Alero...

Mischief007

Car(s)
1995 Chevy Camaro Z28, 04 VW Jetta GLS
2004 Grand Prix GTP Comp G.

I love this thing. Yes it is FWD and auto but it is very comfy. I absolutely love it. If you don't know what Comp G is, look it up. Pretty much top of the line GTP. I got the original window sticker as well and it cost $41,000 CDN when new in 2004.

2004GrandPrixSide.jpg

2004GrandPrixFront.jpg

2004GrandPrixWheel.jpg

2004GrandPrixGTPCompGBadge.jpg

2004GrandPrixInterior2.jpg

2004GrandPrixInterior.jpg

2004GrandPrix3800.jpg

2004GrandPrix3800Supercharged.jpg

Last edited:
Wasn't this your mom's car? I thought your mom bought a Grand Prix a little while ago.

That's a REALLY nice looking ride. The interior looks so much nicer than I would expect from an American car. You should convert it to RWD and put a V8 in there ;)

Wasn't this your mom's car? I thought your mom bought a Grand Prix a little while ago.

She did. She still has hers. Hers was just a base Grand Prix and it was a 2006. I went with something that had a little more power and a lot more loaded.

That's a REALLY nice looking ride. The interior looks so much nicer than I would expect from an American car. You should convert it to RWD and put a V8 in there ;)

There's one floating around somewhere. I believe it has already been done. Lots of money though.

Found a picture after I got the car tinted:

GPTint.jpg

And this is what it sounds like in stock form. The classic Grand Prix exhaust note. This is only up to 4000 rpm. I'm still contemplating what to do with the exhaust; mufflers only, cat-back, or full replacement 3" exhaust including the downpipe and headers.

Do the full replacement 3" with some Borla tips. Also, please paint that grille the body color...its just so hideous. Otherwise I like Grand Prix's. Nice ride.

Nice Grand Prix! i always had a soft spot for them and that one is in very good shape and sounds very good. with the exhaust do the Entire thing. the stock manifolds are probably the biggest power robber. go from there back.. all the way back!

http://www.lmperformance.com/5010/11.html

get those and keep a single 3" through a high flow cat a nice straight pipe and then probably a magnaflow muffler.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oo7otSVAJY

something like that. you could even pull off a single 3" out the back. i think itd look good. and youd be picking up some good ponies too! ;) if i wasnt so set on doing true duels on my camaro id stick with probably a single 3" out the back.. i dont particularly like the 2 off of one. but i think thats just me. oh and a smaller supercharger pulley! :D

Last edited:
Full 3" won't be cheap but I do have to find something that is emission legal since Canada does do emission testing. But then again a ZZP catback and downpipe is just a little bit more expensive than 2 magnaflow mufflers with tips. Go figure. If anything, the ZZP catback and ZZP downpipe is a very viable option.

The front grills will be either replaced or I'll get the SPO Nickel plated grills from GM.

The pulley, no (for now maybe). There's a lot of prep work before dropping to a smaller pulley. Intake and exhaust are one, colder plugs, new wires, 180 degree thermostat, and something else that I can't remember. Once that is done, then I can go down to a smaller pulley. I've been reading up on these things for the past 3 weeks. These cars have a lot of potential. The downside is the FWD layout.

yeah the FWD does suck especially if you wanna do a cam. i saw this forum where this guy did a cam on his grand prix awhile ago. had to remove pretty much everything off the front but he did it and it was sweet! so if you do headers in Canada you wont be emissions legal ? thats gay balls :\ but exhaust is the first mod for performance so at least your mind if on the right track :D

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/My-PB-Edgewater-Raceway-L67-swap-95-Grand-prix_97176.htm

your goal ?

Punisher Bass approves..... Nice ride. Any more vids of you revving the engine?? I've never really had a chance to hear what a OHV V6 sounds like.

The Gen 3 doesn't have that problem.

I did go to the track. My buddy said the car is quiet so the WizAired CAI and exhaust are definitely first things I want to do.

I did go to the track and ran a 14.7741 @ 93.53. The tapshift is definitely a plus at the track.

TimeSlipGPMay9.jpg

Fastest car today was a mid 10 second car. Fastest bike was 9.90.

I'd love to be in the 13s but low 14s would be good for me for now. One of the clubs setup a track day at Duttonville, Ontario. I was too late to get on it or I would go to the circuit track as well.

Last edited:
damn that aint bad at all. after an exhaust CAI tune blah blah im sure youll be in the 13's no problem

Excellent car, It's identical to another one that drives around my town

also another car that looks better in real life vs pictures

damn that aint bad at all. after an exhaust CAI tune blah blah im sure youll be in the 13's no problem

:), not bad for a 3500 lbs family sedan. I was very impressed. Ran against an Acura 3.2 CL Type-S a few times. Guy knew how to shift. He ran a 14.5 all night.

How much was this model compared to the GXP?? Having one of those would seriously be one heck of an experience :lol:

If I wanted a GXP (Couldn't find one at the time I was looking) it probably would be around 4 to 5k more than the cost of my car these days.

These cars don't really have torque steer. Hard to believe, my Alero had worse torque steer than the Grand Prix. The Grand Prix will track pretty straight with minimal steering input to compensate for torque steer. It is actually quite well behaved.

ahh lucky on the torque steer part. especially when putting down the power that engine does. i have an 87' lesebre with the 3800. good engine. just wish it ran 100% it hasnt run right for years. its been sitting for such a long time its a shame :( but that car had slight torque steer when pushing it to its limits