Ownership Verified: My third Alfa

TobiasG

Car(s)
116 GTV, 916 GTV, 952 Giulia
Alright, I bought my first brand new car and it is my third Alfa.
I had been using the 916 GTV as my daily for years, but it was getting old and the winter weather with the excessive salting that they do in Oslo was starting to show on the car. If I wanted to preserve it, then it was time to retire it from winter driving so I decided it was time for a new car and started saveing up back in 2016.
Fast forward to 2017 and in March I put my order down for a Alfa Romeo Giulia with the 2 litre petrol engine(200hp) and Veloce seats(sport seats).
The car arrived by the end of July, just before it was time to head out on a roadtrip through Switzerland and Italy, basically going back down where it came from just a few weeks before.

The first picture I took.
Z3fhKvK.jpg

Random photos
vwHELnl.jpg

6kIfxCi.jpg

PoK7Ka3.jpg

Yes, the licenseplate is way too big, but a stupid Norwegian law keeps me from getting the smaller one
tRLbd5t.jpg

Xe5KpxU.jpg

And of course, proof pic
J77nL93.jpg

Now I have driven it 13k something km and I have been pretty happy with it. I'm sure you have seen reviews of the Giulia so I don't really have anything to add. Alfa has made a truly fantastic car, but it also have one big annoying fault. It is missing the off button for traction and stability control. I didn't care that much in the summer time about it, but I do find myself annoyed by it now in wintertime. It doesn't help that the engineers that made the car was split basically 50-50 when deciding on having an off button or not. But they somehow ended up on not including it and that was a mistake. That said, that decision might be changed in the future and hopefully there will be some software solution for my car.

Speaking of the future, I am 90% sure I will remap it to Veloce power, which will give me 80hp more, which helps with speed. Don't need it for daily driving in Norway, but for future roadtrips it can be nice to have some power in reserve

Anyway, sorry for the late thread. But it's only been 7 months since I got the car....

Last edited:
About bloody time! :p

It's gorgeous, what more can be said? Well, I still dislike trend of small wheels that has been with us for some time but that's a small thing.

80hp with a remap? Damn.
Also, finally!

Giulia is fantastic. One of the few (and probably the only in its class) new "regular" car that I somewhat desire.

Bravo!

Redliner;n3544736 said:
80hp with a remap? Damn.
Also, finally!

Veloce has the same engine as mine and that has 280hp. So my engine is heavily detuned.

TobiasG;n3544769 said:
Veloce has the same engine as mine and that has 280hp. So my engine is heavily detuned.

Yeah, I read about that after you posted it. FREE POWER :lol:

She has a thread! Finally! :D

Got a chance to sit behind the wheel at Ringmeet 2017. Not being used to an automatic resulted in some WTF moments, but otherwise a damn fine thing to drive. Even with 200 hp she's no slouch, dynamically feels a few levels above my 159SW that has the same horsepower. Must be the driven wheels and quick autobox.
If the 159 ever needs replacing, I'll be looking at one of these, Stelvio be damned :p

And a crosspost from my PYC thread, here she is with my 156:

MSsP7I3.jpg

Awesome, I'm very jealous! Nice color too and that interior looks spectacular with the tan leather! Congrats!