My "Will i ever grow up"-mobile. 50cc (and some) of street legal go-kart fun.

Adrian

Chariot of Fire
Car(s)
'13 VW T5, '07 SMC, '94 BMW 850, '92 Donkervoort
My "Will i ever grow up"-mobile. 50cc (and some) of street legal go-kart fun.

So on this Amcar trading group on facebook, this showed up:

I had been looking into one of these for ages, previously a 100cc one - sadly that one was sold before i could even reach the seller. When this popped up i immediately messaged the seller basically saying "i'll take it." We started chatting, i started asking - turns out he had a wheel with hand controls made already for his kids Kart, which he would mount for me and everything. We agreed on a very nice price, including delivery, and today it arrived!

Looks like shit, but it's got plates and errythang. Mechanically it's quite good too. Needs some tinkering. Already sorted the brakes (sort of) and it shakes a bit. There's not much to say about it, other than that it is fast - but not fast enough. Does 60 kph on straights and 68 downhill. Supposedly it did 90 with the previous owner, but the variator thingie is worn and the belt needs to be changed. Should make it a bit faster. Drove it around all day today and it's GLORIOUS. And people can't stop staring. So fun. Getting a helmet mount for the Gopro tomorrow and i'll make a video.

lulwat

Also:
tokyo-barbie-drift.gif

Last edited:
[video=youtube;MytfhzcSF-Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MytfhzcSF-Y[/video]

That is the most glorious road-legal vehicle I have ever seen.

Careful young man. That's the kind of machine that can put you in a wheelchair!

Wait, wut?

Have fun you mad bastard!

Well, it doesn't have any bloody suspension! :lol: How much pressure in those tyres?
Too much. Letting some out today :p

I want a go!
Come to Norway! Or convince me to take the T5 to the roadtrip and ringmeet and i'll shove it in the back.

Careful young man. That's the kind of machine that can put you in a wheelchair! Wait, wut?

Have fun you mad bastard!
:wheelchair:

Fuck yeah i will :D

Too much. Letting some out today :p

Come to Norway! Or convince me to take the T5 to the roadtrip and ringmeet and i'll shove it in the back.

That thing on the ring. How could you possibly need convincing?

So whats the plan for the ringmeet? Take the T5 with this in back while towing the 850?

First video! Ran out of fuel, lol. Some local dude brought some of his home-brew. Worked like a treat!
[video=youtube;-2nuCeNWGLQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2nuCeNWGLQ[/video]

EDIT: I should choose a different thumbnail...

I find it hilarious that that thing is street legal! Beautiful countryside too, at least in the first few minutes I watched. :)

It bloody well better not! I've been promised a chance to 'Ring the 850! :shakefist:

If you drive it: Depending on your shoesize you might wanna drive it without shoe(s). When I drove it with shoe on, my shoe got stuck in the handcontrol-struts resulting in a jammed throttle :p. Way better without shoe :mrgreen:

I doubt that will be a problem but thanks for the heads up. Unlike you I don't contain any sasquatch DNA and have normal sized feet. I'm a UK size 9/Euro 43 and wasn't planning on wearing my hiking boots.