N?rburgring Cocomeet - Aug. 27-30 - (THIS WEEKEND ZOMG YOU GUYS)

Tex-Mex? In the middle of nowhere in Germany? :lol:

Unfortunately I have to work on Saturday, otherwise I might have considered coming around...
Haha, Thomas said there was Tex-Mex in Stuttgart, so why not?

I'd really love to try the local food, though. Really, really, really. If there's a good place to nom around the GP track, please hook a coco up.

Oh, WEC is on the GP track only and not Nordschleife. Dagnabbit.
Ja. Probably the best for the LMP1s, but COCO NEEDS TO DRIVE THE NORDSCHLEIFE, DANG IT!
...which means tourist farts for coco all day long :driving:
There will be farts: fact.
I'd love to, but I already promised Joe I'd help him move. We should just kidnap you and force you to help us.
Darn it! If that's Sunday, you all can come cocomeet Friday or Saturday? Sunday's my nuts day with the WEC race.
Holy crap, a wild coco appears in the German wilderness!

/me checks his calendar...

I'm still free this weekend, so I'd definitely love to meet. So coco, tell more about your timing constraints...
W00T
I might be able to make it down to the ring for a bit as well...
YAY

Timing constraints:

Thursday:
Arrival: 7:45 a.m. in D?sseldorf. Gots me a Cactus! YASSSSS.

Probably going to the hotel and GP track shortly afterwards. Need to pick up credentials and explore. Probably lots of farting around, trying to find interviews and getting the lay of the land. Pants will be crapped if they let me join the drivers' track walk, but probably not. Will probably be forced to take my dirty hippie hike elsewhere. I need to find the WEC rep who's bringing me over for Shenanigans and Things and ask if I can have the red 919--er, um, check in.

Thursday seems mostly open, so this would be a great time for lunch, dinner, or whatever. I totally plan to get epic snoozetime on the plane just to taunt larger people in economy class. "Hi! I can pass out in Lotuses. What's your party trick?"

I'll probably have to pop on to w?rk occasionally with stuff and things, but I have no idea what my days off are this week anymore. Haha. I'll have to check on that.

COME EXPLORE STUFF WITH COCO THURSDAY. You know you want to. Thursday is the best day to explore a WEC race. Setup day! That pretty much means wander everywhere as long as it's not one of the LMP1 teams that's locked down like Fort Knox. Also, I'm totally down for cheesy tourist stuff. I hear there's a castle? Hell yeah, I've never been to a castle. HOW DO I GET TO THE CASTLE?!

Email says there might be a little meet and greet with the WEC folk Thursday evening, but there's lots of other time besides that.

Friday:
The morning is pretty open, but I fully expect there to be some interviews to grab, cool stuff to stare at, or whatever before everyone gets locked down in race mode. Fully intend on feeling like a chicken with my head cut off.

Race/event times I should probably be around for:
11:25 AM - Legends Qualifying
12:00 PM - WEC Practice
2:55 PM - Legends Qualifying
3:00 PM - WEC Press Conference ("In my spare time, I like to work out and keep a pretty regular schedule, thanks to my sponsor Diar-Chia.")
3:30 PM - Supercup Practice
4:30 PM - WEC Practice

Track cold, coco hooooooongray: 6:00 PM

This might be a good day for some dinner, or shenanigans after dinner, even. Will keep thread posted on coco shenanigans.

Saturday:
Busy day. Moar nuts.

Stuff I want to be around the track for:
9:30 AM: WEC Practice
10:45 AM: Supercup Qualifying
11:30 AM: W?rk
11:35 AM: Legends Race
12:15 PM: WEC Pit Walk
12:45 PM: Coco gets chauffeured around a race track? Cool.
2:00 PM: WEC Qualifying
3:00 PM: WEC Qualifying Press Conference ("We wouldn't be here without the incredible generosity of the Cheese of the Month Club of Southern Uzbekistan...")
3:20 PM: ZOMG PARSH SUPERCUP RACE!!!
3:30 PM: WEC Media Interview Availability Time, or: Stef Gets Annoyed This Session Isn't Outside With The Supercups
4:20 PM: hey hey hey hey, smoke tires every day (Legends Race)

Track cold, coco antsy: 6:30 PM

Post-6:30 may also be a good time to annoy a coco.

Sunday Bunday:
This is the day that the Porsche is raced; let us rejoice and be glad in it. Amen.

I'm probably going to be stupid busy with various things.

Stuff I want to hang around the track for:
9:30 AM: SUPERCUP!!! RACE! ZOMG!!!!!
10:15 AM: Pit Walk
12:10 PM: Grid Walk
12:53 PM: WEC Race (2 formation laps, then start at 1:00 PM)
7:00 PM: WEC Press Conference ("I almost lost the lead when some dingus swerved in front of me, but I managed to do a hella sweet drift around him and scream out 'I LOVE PUFFALUMPS!' like a boss."--j/k, I wish)

coco probably just needs a nap after that. Can't promise squat for Sunday besides Puffalumps on the grid walk.

Monday:
Get to the airport at the butt crack of dawn. Leave D?sseldorf at 9:30 AM. Unless you want to party in the airport, welp.

I'll keep you posted when/if I know of any changes/additions/whatever to the schedule. I will also bring a Puffalump.

mhm... thursday's out because of work, friday night i have plans, so saturday would probably be best...

I'm in Hannover on Saturday and will stay there till sunday. I'll head home sunday morning, and I could turn a 4-5hr drive into a 5-6hr drive and make a detour via the ring.

SQUEE :bunny::bunny::bunny:

It looks like your schedule pretty much overlaps with the tourist drive opening times (till 19:30 on Friday, 19:00 on Saturday). Dang.

Is the Nordschleife completely separate? I didn't know if they ran both parts of the track or if using the GP end meant a shutdown everywhere.

Maybe I'll have to see how the Cactus drives? Haha.

- - - Updated - - -

ZOMG IF THE 'RING-'RING IS OPEN, I MUST GO ON IT

Does anyone rent cheapo ringtools to older twenty-somethings? Seemed like the ageist BS cut-off for all the cool stuff was 30, but I'm super broke and would rather race LeMons than have a leisurely slowish nutballs drive in a car I don't know on a track I've never driven, knowwhatImean?

- - - Updated - - -

It's official: Thursday is coco's day off.

I SHALL CONQUER YOUR CASTLES AND EAT YOUR BRATS.

- - - Updated - - -

ZOMG! Food! Food. Food. Where should I food? So many questions. Find ways for coco to amuse herself on Thursday while things are slow, man.

- - - Updated - - -

ZOMGGGGGG THIS TRIP!!!!!

:bunny:

- - - Updated - - -

Is there maybe a good junkyard closeby? coco needs some mad tyte DDM ringtool parts for a hella not cheatin' parsh.

Last edited:
Dear Lord, did you chugged on some Four Loko or something?!? :lol:

Four.

Coco.

:rofl:

public told me I must find Cafe Fahrtwind.

That's happening.

That must happen.

It's a biker hangout a few miles north of Adenau. The name on the front of the building is in cerise pink Comic Sans. Because homotorcyclists.

For good quick noms there is the Cockpit Cafe at Breidscheid where Currywurst (with bread or fries your choice) is obligatory. North of Cafe Fahrtwind is a small strip mall type place on the right hand side of the road which contains a place called Pommes Deluxe - their Gyros Burger is certainly worth a try and their Deluxe Pommes comes covered in melty cheese sauce with crispy onion bits. All very tasty.

(...) North of Cafe Fahrtwind is a small strip mall type place on the right hand side of the road which contains a place called Pommes Deluxe - their Gyros Burger is certainly worth a try and their Deluxe Pommes comes covered in melty cheese sauce with crispy onion bits. All very tasty.

/me makes note of that.

It's a biker hangout a few miles north of Adenau. The name on the front of the building is in cerise pink Comic Sans. Because homotorcyclists.

It's actually VAG Rounded Bold. :lol:

That pommes place sounds like what would happen if U.S. Americans did poutine instead of the Canadians. Haha.

"Gravy and curds? Nah, just skip straight to the CHEESE SAUCE."

OH

MY

GOODNESS

That looks delicious.

I tried taking a nap, but I'm gonna need a few more Woodfords to achieve that. Way too excited about this trip. Like, "N?rburgring!" is my answer to "where do you want to go on vacation?/have a honeymoon?/go?/pillage?"

- - - Updated - - -

So sunday is a no-time-day for you too? Then making a detour would be pointless for me..

But Sunday night! And other days! DO EET.

It kinda blows that a couple weeks ago there would have been 50-60 Finalgearites right there, in several levels of beer-had-ness, and right now it would just be pretty much this:

FXLawas.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: Also I support CACTUS