N?rburgring Cocomeet - Aug. 27-30 - (THIS WEEKEND ZOMG YOU GUYS)

From the few times I checked car-shipping, it usually was by car, but also usually using roro. Container might be carsize-based. A while back I found roro for like a grand one way, usually plus some fees. But if you want a good insurance covering all the possibilities, that may double it. But you don't want that with a cheap crappy car anyway ;)

Instead of shipping Euro cars to the US to take part in LeMons we should find a way to bring the LeMons concept to Europe.

What's the deal with copyright and licensing and that stuff?

Let's ship the 205 on the same go...

And then I'll buy it :p

Instead of shipping Euro cars to the US to take part in LeMons we should find a way to bring the LeMons concept to Europe.

Don't you guys have banger racing in Ukania? Cheap car racing seems to be more of the rage in Europe, anyway. LeMons is basically just that but with some actual organization behind it. ;)

We have banger racing for sure but with emphasis on the bang and it's normally undertaken by people with tattoos and pit bulls. They are all called Gary.

There are a couple of LeMons style races but single make varieties, the Citroen 2CV one being the most famous here.

There's a Concour d'LeMons event in Britain next year. Ping the series and ask about expansion. They've already got an Aussie race, so I don't see why they wouldn't want to export the idea to Yurop.

I'll figure out the details of the car, it doesn't belong to me but I could have it for free. I'll also make some pictures this weekend. It's burgundy red, not the flashiest of colours. I think it's a 1998 car.

The thing wrong with it is a worn camshaft. I would take care of fixing that but in the end it will cost me the same (around 250 ?) as to get another running one. So if you're out for another colour that could be arranged. There was a light blue that stood out. Possible years would be 1996 to 2008.

Proper racing roll cages are around 800? I think. What would be needed?
Trust me, we'd make it flashy. ;)

I might ping Robb about this idea and see if he's ever done something like this, or maybe wants to cage a bad idea. Haha. I can't do it for a little while--yo soy broke--but it's on the radar as a Thing That Must Be Done.

Last edited:
Yes, if we do it some time next year I could also put some more money into it...I'm a bit le broke as well atm. But if you're somewhat serious about it I can start repairing the car when time allows!

Last edited:
Welllll...it would kind of need to go on the 'ring before it leaves, I think. Haha. Unless it's unlicensed and whatnot. Don't license it just for that.

I'd probably licence it anyways to get it to the port and do some test runs...and it shouldn't be a problem from the mechanical side.
And a 60 hp track toy is something I wanted for a long time anyways!

Mad thought. And open your minds real wide for this one....

Is there a minor circuit somewhere in 'Schland with a decent campsite nearby that could host a LeMons style event? If so why not mix things up a bit and instead of Roadtrips and Ringmeet we do that and invite car clubs from around Europe to participate? I bet the FG Finns could cobble together at least two teams, Matt, Dave, Aaron and I could probably form another and tow our car over with the Disco, Beni and Loose Joe are close enough to start something....

latest

I'm in.

I think it'll be very hard to finda a suitable and affordable racetrack in Germany, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

How about a circuit like Rijeka/Grobnik (it just came to my mind for some reason, I don't really know it) or anything else in eastern europe, maybe it would be less stricken by overregulation and the weather would be better for camping too :mrgreen:

I'd join in a heartbeat as well of course...

Last edited:
I wouldn't even go anywhere near something like that. Not without a financial sponsor and risktaker. Especially not in germany. We not just only lack your typical next door racetrack, they are also fucking expensive.

A pricing range I could dig up for the Sachsenring:
- the track itself ca. 9-11k EUR
- paddocks ca. 1500 EUR
- small event hall ca. 1500 EUR
- technicians ca. 300 EUR, helpers (corner workers, etc) ca. 40 EUR, each of course

All of that is per day of course. There may be less expensive tracks, but there sure are more expensive ones too.

Plus from what I found you either need to or really want to have an ambulance standing by while racing is going on, which comes out of your pocket too. Plus you need a proper liability and property insurance unless you go and try to declare it something non-racy in order to basically rely on peoples individual insurance to cover it. I found an over 10 year old event of that liking by some more on the expensive side forum renting the Hockenheimring, and some digging around told me that it did cost them around 7-10k EUR for a single day, and they managed to get BMW as a sponsor for a pitcrew and shit, plus they declared it something consistancy-test-bullshit to at least skip the liability insurance for the participants. Add to that that your idea of a bigger race ala LeMons probably will fail as most tracks here have a limit to how many cars are allowed on track at the same time. Oh and don't get me started on cleaning fees if, no, when something fails and leaks...

tl,dr: If I'd be hired and paid to do something of that liking, I'd sink a lot of time and effort into it and make it happen. As a fun event? Wouldn't wanna touch it with a 10-feet-pole.

I had another brainwave along similar lines. There might just be someone close to me with the facilities and the business acumen to get on board with bringing LeMons to Ukania and the financial clout to get it off the ground.

I will need to do a shed load more research but if I can get in to see him and pitch the idea then I will.

If LeMons really did come to this country I would have to take part. Good thing I'm planning to take my B+E (trailer towing) test this winter.

Mad thought. And open your minds real wide for this one....

Is there a minor circuit somewhere in 'Schland with a decent campsite nearby that could host a LeMons style event? If so why not mix things up a bit and instead of Roadtrips and Ringmeet we do that and invite car clubs from around Europe to participate? I bet the FG Finns could cobble together at least two teams, Matt, Dave, Aaron and I could probably form another and tow our car over with the Disco, Beni and Loose Joe are close enough to start something....

Yeah, we were exploring this just for "a normal track day" and it ended up being rather unpossible in Germany. No problem here though. Few tracks with very flexible and cheap reservation options. My home track here would even offer an option for gravel&asphalt track, that's good enough for world rallycross championship.. :cool:

What's the deal with copyright and licensing and that stuff?

Bruh. Hook up with the Dutchies: http://oppositelock.kinja.com/the-dutch-suck-at-lemons-1738319598

- - - Updated - - -

Prepare your anus.

I think I'm going to start asking around to see if anyone wants in on this crazy idea to split Ka-sts (har har). I'm also starting to hoard airline miles like a crazy woman hoards 944 parts so I can make a "Fetch the Ka" run and maybe--maybe!--put that sucker on the 'ring.

I need to get in touch with the Cathedral of Junk guy to see if he'd put his blessing on a Ka-thedral of Junk theme. He's a glorious magnet for NIMBY rage, so that's right up a LeMons car's alley!

"First LeMons Car on the N?rburgring" has a nice ring to it, eh?

- - - Updated - - -

GREAT REVIEWS EH

:blink::lol:

Sounds about right, they're like Nissan Micras. :lol: