NBA 2010-2011

I bet they have a tough time, because as the Lakers and Celtics decay, the Bulls, and Thunder are turning into young powerhouses. I can see the Clippers of all teams in a few years building around Blake Griffin. I can only see the Heat getting better chemistry earlier next year, but the question of Lebron being able to step up in Finals is a whole nother animal.

He just isn't confident enough. Guys like Jordan and Kobe won championships because of their confidence. I read something about how when Shawn Marion was talking shit to Lebron, he didn't respond, while Jordan and Kobe would feed off of that and play better.

He just isn't confident enough. Guys like Jordan and Kobe won championships because of their confidence. I read something about how when Shawn Marion was talking shit to Lebron, he didn't respond, while Jordan and Kobe would feed off of that and play better.

There is a rumor going around that Scottie Pippen had a monster "unit" and that Jordan was so pissed off he wanted to outclass Scottie at every facet of the game. He took competition to another level, not even Kobe has that kind of drive, but what lead to greatness also made him an asshole and difficult teammate. There's another story about how Jordan in the 95 playoffs against the Bobcats backed off Muggsy Bogues and told him to "Shoot it you fuckin' midget", which Muggsy later admitted was the single moment that eventually lead to the downturn in his career. Jordan is hypercompetitive on the level that only egomaniacs like Bill Gates, and other titans of industry come close to.

Congrats to the Mavs, definitely the better TEAM won. So happy to see Dirk, Kidd, Marion, Terry and the whole Mavericks franchise getting their first ever title. They showed the world that winning championships can still be done by playing as a team rather than having a single person (or two in this case) carrying your team.

Miami will get their chance some other year and making the Finals the first year they've been together isn't a bad start. But I just can't help but wonder, WHERE WAS LEBRON...... AGAIN ? And wtf at Bosh, crying on the floor like a baby, not a good look.

Congrats to the Mavs, definitely the better TEAM won. So happy to see Dirk, Kidd, Marion, Terry and the whole Mavericks franchise getting their first ever title. They showed the world that winning championships can still be done by playing as a team rather than having a single person (or two in this case) carrying your team.

Miami will get their chance some other year and making the Finals the first year they've been together isn't a bad start. But I just can't help but wonder, WHERE WAS LEBRON...... AGAIN ? And wtf at Bosh, crying on the floor like a baby, not a good look.

They aren't the best example for pure team play, though they did exhibit it throughout the playoff, it didn't hurt to have the greatest big man shooter of all time who will undoubtedly enter the hall of fame, was league MVP, and a All-Star 10 times so far. If that isn't a star, then I don't know who is.

I don't think there has been a NBA champion who didn't have at least one hall of famer in the last 2 decades. The Detroit Pistons in '04 would be the only candidates, and that was with an excellent starting 5.

Everyone else had at least one if not multiple superstars Bulls(Jordan and Pippen), Lakers(Kobe and Shaq, Kobe alone), Spurs(Duncan), Rockets(Hakeem), Heat(D-Wade), Celtics(Garnett, Allen, Pierce).

Yeah, that's true, but what I meant was that Dallas used more of a balanced team effort in these playoffs than Miami. I admit that Nowitzki was undoubtedly the center piece of this team and carried them much of the way. But even when he wasn't up to the job (the flu game, or whatever you call it and this game 6) the Mavs had scorers who picked up the slack. Jason Terry and J.J Barea especially were incredible in this series.

Miami's big three didn't have the same kind of production from their other players when they needed it. Sure Mario Chalmers had a couple of big shots, but what about their other players? Eddie House? Mike Bibby? Erick Dampier (who actually must be quite depressed losing to the team he was a part of for a number of years)? Mike Miller? I could go on and on. Miami probably was better defensively but Dallas weren't bad either. The fact is that Dallas was the more complete team in terms of production offensively and I think that was the key in this series.

They had a coaching advantage also. Spoelstra is a pretty good coach, but Carlisle was amazing at controlling his team's offense.

There is a rumor going around that Scottie Pippen had a monster "unit" and that Jordan was so pissed off he wanted to outclass Scottie at every facet of the game. He took competition to another level, not even Kobe has that kind of drive, but what lead to greatness also made him an asshole and difficult teammate. There's another story about how Jordan in the 95 playoffs against the Bobcats backed off Muggsy Bogues and told him to "Shoot it you fuckin' midget", which Muggsy later admitted was the single moment that eventually lead to the downturn in his career. Jordan is hypercompetitive on the level that only egomaniacs like Bill Gates, and other titans of industry come close to.

1735814-michaeljordankwamelol_super.jpg

I knew he was an egotistical bastard, but holy shit...:blink:...and that was from when he was in his basketball "twilight" years with the Wizards.

From this thread (some great Jordan quotes there. :lol:).

Last edited:
That was Jordan, he had to win at everything. It made him a difficult teammate, but it also made him great. That desire to win is what seperates him from guys like Lebron, who is very naturally gifted, but just doesn't have that killer instinct.

The Raptors had the worst defensive efficiency in the league last season. They fired their head coach (Jay Triano) and are now looking to get Dallas' assistant coach: Dwayne Casey (who orchestrated their defense on Lebron and Wade to win the title). :D

Dwayne Casey Clear Favorite To Become Raptors Head Coach
Jun 18, 2011 2:06 PM EDT

Casey_Dwane_min_061206.jpg

Various media outlets around Toronto are reporting that Dallas Mavericks assistant coach Dwayne Casey will likely become the Toronto Raptors new head coach.

Casey's role in orchestrating the Mavericks defense of Miami in the NBA Finals may have pushed him ahead of Lawrence Frank, the other finalist and an assistant coach for the Boston Celtics. The Raptors, who finished last in the league in defensive efficiency, are looking to significantly improve on that side of the ball.

Casey has previous head-coaching experience in Minnesota, where he compiled a 53-69 record in the 2006 and 2007 seasons.

Source

NBA draft this year .... :yawn:

Lots of international players this year though, especially Jan Vesely and Enes Kanter look to be interesting prospects.

I'm following Gilbert Arenas and Dwight Howard on Twitter and they started a "Plank War"...:rofl:

8585_152791.jpg

8585_152527.jpg

8585_152528.jpg

8585_152470.jpg

8585_152529.jpg

8585_152530.jpg

8585_152398.jpg

8585_152399.jpg

8585_152472.jpg

8585_152400.jpg

8585_152401.jpg

8585_152402.jpg