NBA 2012-2013

Reports are saying that they are also interviewing Mike D'Antoni and Mike Dunleavy. Lakers just had a Mike, that didn't go well, so I don't think they need another. :lol:

Dwight was a monster on the boards tonight! 18 rebounds to go along with 23 points. :D

I think he was a little pissed when the coach took him off when there were 2 mins left in the game because he wanted to add another 20-20 game to his stats. They showed him walking off the court and Kobe was telling him "Yo man you got 23 and 18!" to try to cheer him up or something. :lol:

Also, don't forget he isn't even close to being 100% yet (he's probably at around 55%-60%); his timing is still a little off and he gets tired quicker than when he was in top shape in Orlando. Just playing games, practicing, and working out will get him back to 100% in no time. :D

Last edited:
So Mike D'antoni is the Lakers new head coach now officially. Grrreeeaatttt....

:neutral:

Pretty shocking since everybody was saying they were really close in making a deal with Phil, but Lakers management decided his demands were too expensive (he wanted "a salary ranging from $10 to $15 million annually, significant say in personnel decisions as well as his eventual replacement along with the ability for the 67-year-old to skip selected road games.") D'Antoni signed a 4-year, $12 million contract.

Welcome Mike D'Antoni...I guess...:neutral:

Last edited:
Absolutely dumbass decision. Phil should be coaching the team and if not him, Jerry Sloan.

I'm disappointed they didn't choose Phil, but I'm also pretty excited to see what D'Antoni will bring to this team. His teams are known for amazing offensive performances and Kobe, Pau, and Dwight can really score with Nash running the offense. There are concerns about his defense, but his teams were never really that bad defensively and the Lakers are looking to hire Nate McMillan as an assistant and defensive coordinator (he was a pretty good head coach on Portland).

I'm excited to see what this team will be like with Nash running D'Antoni's offense and also curious how he will work with the PG if Nash is still injured. :)

Edit: I also forgot to add that Steve Nash will be playing much better under D'Antoni than he did under Mike Brown (or Phil if he was the coach) simply because he's gonna do what he does best: play with the ball in his hands. He was pretty much useless in the few games he played under Mike Brown because he was playing off the ball (he would also play off the ball in Phil's "triangle" offense).

Last edited:
Edit: I also forgot to add that Steve Nash will be playing much better under D'Antoni than he did under Mike Brown (or Phil if he was the coach) simply because he's gonna do what he does best: play with the ball in his hands. He was pretty much useless in the few games he played under Mike Brown because he was playing off the ball (he would also play off the ball in Phil's "triangle" offense).

Let's not forget that Nash also played for D'Antoni with the Suns for years so he should be pretty used to the offense that D'Antoni likes to run.

Tough loss to one of the best teams in the league (Pau had a good look with that 3, it just didn't go in :(). Oh well, I think it's a good sign that they only lost by 2 to the Spurs (it's still early in the season, they're still getting used to each other, and Dwight isn't even close to being 100% fit yet).

Damn that was a fun game to watch! Everything was working for the Lakers (monster games from Howard, Jamison, and Meeks, not much from Kobe, but he did get 8 assists)! :D

Plus, Howard's perfect 3-pointer at the end of the game was fucking priceless!!! :mrgreen:

[video=youtube;4DF-EjT-1F4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=4DF-EjT-1F4[/video]

"OOOOOOOO! You need a three, give it to me!" :rofl:

Last edited:
Yeah last night's game was a lot of fun to watch.

Goddamn that Barnes' dunk was NASTY. Also at 2:30: ''Celtics receive a technical foul for a group chest pump'' Wut :lol:

Lakers are back baby! :D

Damn that was a good win against one of the top 2 teams from the East (ditto with the win against a strong Golden State team)! I now realize why the Lakers hired D'Antoni; it was because of Steve Nash; they make a pretty unstoppable pair and partnered with all the talent on the Lakers, it should be an unstoppable team.

It was really nice watching Steve do his magic (I got fed up with watching Kobe trying to handle the ball and turning it over so much); his amazing playmaking skills rub off on all the other teammates and they all start moving the ball better when he's on the court (and I also think his presence conveys D'Antoni's system to his teammates better because he played in it for so long, which makes everyone better).

Nash was great, Kobe did his usual scoring, Metta had a pretty good game and did a good job containing 'Melo, Gasol played really well also (that charge down the lane with a dunk at the end was fantastic! :D), and although Howard didn't put up flashy numbers (14p-12r), he made a huge difference on the defensive end stopping the Knicks from making crucial shots (and he shot really well at the freethrow line).

I hope they continue improving (Howard isn't even 100% yet ;)) and become unstoppable when the playoffs roll around (Lakers-Heat Finals would be the most epic series...ever)! :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Same, but I'll admit that I'm happier.

How can the Lakers suck this badly with the players they have? It's incredible how bad they've been playing.

Chemistry. There is none of it on that team.

Sucks that Jordan Hill is out for the season, but that means finally much more playing time for Earl Clark. Ever since this guy came to Orlando I've always liked him and he's easily one of the most underrated players in the league. It was so annoying watching him sit on the bench for many full games (in both Orlando and LA) knowing what potential he has and now he's finally getting the playing time he deserves (two straight double-doubles :D).

As for the Lakers themselves..well not much to say really it's like they've been cursed this whole season with injuries and so on (they need to go 31-15 or .674 from this point on if they wanna make the 8th seed...:glare:). Since it's not likely they'll even make the playoffs I still believe Howard will sign a contract with the Lakers because they are the only team to offer him a max contract and he knows that once Kobe retires (probably after next season), the team is his.

I'm not saying they're season is over, but if it is, they can at least look forward to a fresh start next season just as long as everyone will be healthy, Gasol is traded, and they have the entire summer and a full training camp to get ready (start of this season was just a mess with Howard coming off of back surgery, Nash missing many games, a new coach's system to learn, chemistry problems, etc.).