Need a drink recipe

tooomahs

Car(s)
350z
I need to ask you people something about drinks. I'm currently writing an essay and I want to start it off with a drink analogy to a school's diversity and how it all comes down together.

Can anyone suggest me a cocktail/drink that has one heavy ingredient and one soft ingredient that makes the cocktail smooth in the end? In simple words, two ingredients that differ so much from each other, but in the end, they meld harmoniously together.

Thanks in advance!

edit: alcoholic drinks only please

Last edited:
White Russian? (sorry I drink beer mostly I don't know a ton of drinks)

Cuba Libre...

best drink there is IMHO...

-havana club (3 years)
-coke (the black kind...)
-ice
-lemons

ratios may vary...

lots of fun and no headaches (usually)

How about a caipirinha?

Cachaca
Limes
sugar
ice.

Alcoholic and two ingredients? Simple! Just mix vodka and Red Bull and you've got "jet fuel". :)

Alcoholic and two ingredients? Simple! Just mix vodka and Red Bull and you've got "jet fuel". :)

I always thought the mixture of 151 proof Bacardi and red bull was called the "atomic bomb". I guess it has several names but will still screw you up big time in the end :p

As for more drink suggestions...how about a simple old Gin and Tonic or Coke and Rum? Or even Vodka + Some juice (like orange or cranberry). One of my friends has a drink called Gang (pronounced Jang) which is just gin + tang.

I hope those help :)

J?ger and Red Bull is a good mix. Simply drop shot of J?germeister into glass of Red Bull, then scull. Repeat as many times as you can, as fast as you can.

I always thought the mixture of 151 proof Bacardi and red bull was called the "atomic bomb". I guess it has several names but will still screw you up big time in the end :p
I learned of the drink while in an aviation fraternity so I guess that name was more appropriate. 8)

Kahlua and milk, drink it for breakfast. It's like the world's most delicious milkshake, and it'll ensure that you'll be witty and charming right from morning.

Wow, strong alcohol and Red Bull. What happens if you take a strong depressant and a strong stimulant at the same time? I'd expect you'd feel real fucked-up.

Mojitos

INGREDIENTS PREP AMOUNT
Sugar 1 cup
Water 1 cup
Mint stems removed from half 1 bunch

Limes juice only 6-8 each
Rum, light or dark 1/2 of a 750ml-bottle
Club soda 1 liter

METHOD
Basic Steps: Boil ? Squeeze ? Mix ? Chill ? Garnish

1. In a small saucepan, bring sugar, water and the destemmed mint to a boil. Stir until sugar is dissolved completely. Set aside to cool and let the mint infuse the simple syrup. Strain into a pitcher.
2. Squeeze the limes into the pitcher. Add as much rum as you like. Chill.
3. Just before serving, stir in the club soda. Serve immediately over ice in cocktail glasses. Garnish with the remaining mint sprigs.

VARIATIONS

* To Make Individual Portions: Eliminate the mint from the simple syrup and instead lightly crush some mint leaves in each glass. Add crushed ice, juice of one lime, 2 oz of simple syrup and 2-3 oz of rum. Top off with a splash or more of club soda, stir, and garnish with a lime wedge and a fresh sprig of mint.

On a summer day nothing beats one of these, so refreshing. Perfect mix.

is it abnormal to filter the lemon/lime juice as to avoid annoying seeds and pulp?

is it abnormal to filter the lemon/lime juice as to avoid annoying seeds and pulp?

No, I've seen a lot of people putting lemons in cheesecloth before squeezing to effectively filter it. I've also seen people squeezing them upside-down so the juice drains over the rind of the fruit. (A little more wasteful, the second one is)

Why would you want seeds in your cocktail?

Personally, for a smooth drink with diametrically opposite ingredients a White Russian is always good. The hard alchoholic heat of the Vodka is quelled by the dillution from the cream.

Last edited:
Kahlua and milk, drink it for breakfast. It's like the world's most delicious milkshake, and it'll ensure that you'll be witty and charming right from morning.

+1 aka White Russian (or is Vodka involved with a White Russian as well?)

Gee.. this is the only thread where our resident trolls (under 18 ) haven't posted in. :D

*knock on wood*

I've never had a White Russian, could someone post a good Recipe / Mix for one here please?

Well "officially" its: 2 ounces vodka, 1 ounce Kahlua, 3 ounces cream/Half & Half/milk and ice.

I tend to use more Kahlua, I guess I go equal parts vodka, Kahlua and milk.. but then again I'm no good at making drinks. :rolleyes:

+1 aka White Russian (or is Vodka involved with a White Russian as well?)
White Russian contains vodka as its strong component (hence the "Russian"); the milk+Kahlua drink I described is called a Sombrero.

aahhh I stand corrected, I also need more Sombrero in my life.