Need For Speed 11 - ProStreet

Man, that game is frustrating. Make a misbuy and you're outta money and hopelessly lost for the next races.
Right after showdown 1 I checked the next races, saw that I needed a drift car and bought an M3. At the race I realized I wasn't about to race my own cars, and that I would get a drift car anyway.
I thought, what gives simply make the STOCK M3 a grip car, but no go. WTF???

Ended up selling the M3 and my grip car to buy another better grip car thats not 100% up to the job in the next race. DAMN! Gonna go and hunt down cheats...

BTW, you PC folks: Is there LAN play??

i've just uninstalled it and removed the pnkbsta service. All my other games have sped up. After i'd run nfs and it would bog down, all other games would run half as fast and display the same control lag. Just got rid of it and have been playing ut3 for 3 hours non stop. Smooth as silk.

I've uninstalled Prostreet.. Damn that game sucked.. Going to buy UT3 tomorrow..

Man, that game is frustrating. Make a misbuy and you're outta money and hopelessly lost for the next races.
Right after showdown 1 I checked the next races, saw that I needed a drift car and bought an M3. At the race I realized I wasn't about to race my own cars, and that I would get a drift car anyway.
I thought, what gives simply make the STOCK M3 a grip car, but no go. WTF???

Ended up selling the M3 and my grip car to buy another better grip car thats not 100% up to the job in the next race. DAMN! Gonna go and hunt down cheats...

BTW, you PC folks: Is there LAN play??

no lan play.

RWD for Drags and Wheelie and Drift. AWD for topspeed and speed challenge and grip. Just follow those 2 rules and you wont go wrong.

My EVO makes the Zonda look stupid at grip race. Which is why i turned the zonda into a drag car.

Specs? I can't believe it's a "monster" being a laptop and all. :?
Ok. Maybe not so much a 'monster' :), but here are some specs anyway:

Core 2 Duo T7500 2.2ghz
Ati Mobility Radeon HD 2600 @ 1280 Mb Hypermemory
2Gb DDR2
2x160Gb hdd's
17" screen

Oh, I just got the demo again, and I can run it at 1024x768 @ max settings nearly perfectly :).

The GT2 is RWD.

I prefer AWD for dragging. No burnouts.

AWD cars have a weird gear shift pattern:?, the power dips down too much when you change gear, and since i get a better 1/4mile time with a RWD car, i decided to turn all my RWD cars into drag/wheelie & drift cars. But by all means, if AWD works for you, then use it, for some reason they just dont work so well for me.

Hmm, I just tried the drag Mustang I won and yeah, I do like it and I'm quick with it. :?

Ok. Maybe not so much a 'monster' :), but here are some specs anyway:

Core 2 Duo T7500 2.2ghz
Ati Mobility Radeon HD 2600 @ 1280 Mb Hypermemory
2Gb DDR2
2x160Gb hdd's
17" screen

Oh, I just got the demo again, and I can run it at 1024x768 @ max settings nearly perfectly :).
Not bad, not bad at all!

My EVO makes the Zonda look stupid at grip race.

9 or 10? My 10 just won't turn in. I have to drive it with traction control off and the handbrake down 1/2 the time. :lol:

<3 my WRX STi, but it's just too slow. :(

What car should I use for the Willow Spring grip races? (the race before battling the grip king) My EVO X isn't fast enough (in king mode), So far I tried the Murcielago and the R34, both with maxed out upgrades isn't able to dominate the race. Any advice? Thanks.

9 or 10? My 10 just won't turn in. I have to drive it with traction control off and the handbrake down 1/2 the time. :lol:

Nevermind. I just did a really twisty and tight race twice, once with the Evo X and once with the Zonda, and the Zonda smoked the Evo. It's handling rocks.

What car should I use for the Willow Spring grip races? (the race before battling the grip king) My EVO X isn't fast enough (in king mode), So far I tried the Murcielago and the R34, both with maxed out upgrades isn't able to dominate the race. Any advice? Thanks.
I kicked his ass with my WRX STi in Racer mode with no assists.

Thanks for the info, I'll build a STi and give it a go. What settings did you use for the STi? I usually soften the front springs and shocks and leave the rear settings at default.

Stock. :|

I suck at tuning.

<3 my WRX STi, but it's just too slow. :(

doesnt really matter which one, sti works as well. and you are suppose to use the handbrake in nfs, it helps the car to turn in the corner, reducing understeer.

im already done with the game, dont know what to do next, and getting all lvl4 parts for my zonda is too hard, so im going back to LFS. Much better game to drift or race IMO.

Where can I turn the traction control off? I see the options to turn off the ABS asnd Stability Control, but not the traction control.

I've tried the demo, but I haven't got a chance in hell to make it playable. I think I got like 1-2 fps. The odd thing is that this site claims that I should almost even make the recommended specifications if it weren't for my videocard. Do you think a upgrade from my Radeon 9600 to a X1650 could make enough difference? The rest of my rig consists of a 3.0 ghz P4 HT CPU and 2x512 gb of PC3200 RAM.

What a stupid game! The disappointment of the year. Finished it in just 3 days, drove at King settings with no traction control and stability management jusut ABS and it was damn easy. One of the final grip races against Ryo I managed to overtake him by a whole lap with my poor little stock 911 Turbo.
Another stupid thing - speed races. My Evo 10 runs flat out through them no problem at all. Tried the Lambo and it jumped in the air at every bump. I guess Mitsubishi paid more than Lamborghini for advertisements in the game.

And finally, considering the level that Test Drive Unlimited set this new NFS is pathetic! TDU was perfectly balanced between arcade/sim, had a huge variety of things to do in game and a better car choice.

Where can I turn the traction control off? I see the options to turn off the ABS asnd Stability Control, but not the traction control.

Options > Gameplay > Modes > Grip / etc.

All settings are mode-specific.

I think I got like 1-2 fps. The odd thing is that this site claims that I should almost even make the recommended specifications if it weren't for my videocard. Do you think a upgrade from my Radeon 9600 to a X1650 could make enough difference?

Try all minimum settings at like 800x600. I doubt you'll be able to play at much better than that. I have to run low/medium at 1024 with my 6800 GT.