Need For Speed: Shift

ah what?
just because, as far as i know, this is supposed to be more of a racing simulation and not the "arcade-style" thing NFS normally is?
mhm... i see now, maybe :blink: the wording wasn't perfect, i apologize :)

Yeah, it is supposed to be more of a simulation than the arcade-fest NFS of old was, but someone here seems despise of it being called one, for whatever reason.

IGN UK review

Good score! Though, I'm sure the more hardcore sim racers will come on here and say things about the credibility of professional game journalists when dealing with simulation games, especially concerning popular brand names...

EDIT: IGN US loves it!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiAJpUiCHnk[/youtube]

Last edited:
i'll definitely wait for a demo of that.
i'm still afraid about the system requirements (having a stupid laptop that is...)

I do thing the system requirments is suspiciously low for the looks... o_O but it might look ridiculously crap with everything on low too...

That's just a patch away, probably. It does look great and the people who said that the physics don't seem realistic probably just had the assists on. :p I'm sure it won't be as realistic as LFS, but I'm guessing Forza, GT-ish level of realism is to be expected?

Those load times aren't anything new for NFS, so that doesn't bother me too much. Still looks good.

That's just a patch away, probably. It does look great and the people who said that the physics don't seem realistic probably just had the assists on. :p I'm sure it won't be as realistic as LFS, but I'm guessing Forza, GT-ish level of realism is to be expected?

Im thinking Gridish. Which isnt bad but not that realistic. Did you see the way that 1 series was fishtailing? stock!

Yeah, but it's a 135 and he did have the stage 2 nitrous installed.

Judging by the review it looks good, runs well enough, although it's border-line 30ish fps, handling wise stands between Grid and Forza. I can't help but feel that "Shift" should've been released instead of the last crappy one, so this year we'd get a refined real Gt5 competitor, not the first crack at it.

Last edited:
Got it on my Seedbox (for 360) but I won't be able to play it today... Its late and I just came back from Italy... I'm really looking forward to it, though, I might just buy a Fanatec wheel...

Need for Speed SHIFT Release Date:

September 15th, 2009 - North America
September 17th, 2009 - Europe

Demo Release Dates:

Oct 1st, 2009 - PS3
Oct 2nd, 2009 - Xbox 360

(from official NFS:S website)

I hope the PC demo is coming out around then also. :(

Last edited:
Fucking GameFly isn't shipping my game. :mad: They're down to "low availability" but they aren't sending my copy! Assholes. They always do this. There's stock left and they don't ship it out. If it doesn't ship out tomorrow I'll just go buy it. I haven't paid 60 bucks for a game in... about a year.

Last edited: