Need For Speed: Shift

First patch is out, adds LAN mode and mouse menus, no fix for the bugs.

I got an annoying thing that maybe someone of you fixed?

I play Shift with a XBOX360 Controller on my PC. I mapped Throttle to the right analog stick, so up is accelerate and down is brake. Whenever I press it a bit too hard, it wants to connect with EA Online, and ruins my race. I remapped the button, it does whatever I map to that button, but also does the other thing and pauses the race & goes online. Anyone fixed that yet?

^ nsx23_, what sort of tuning adjustments, i could tune the cars in Dirt with ease, it feels weird in Shift

Last edited:
I'm getting a used Logitech Driving Force Pro for 80 euro. Supposedly used only twice. If it really is in that condition, I should have it by next week.

^ nsx23_, what sort of tuning adjustments, i could tune the cars in Dirt with ease, it feels weird in Shift

roll bar stiffness and other various suspension tweaks.

Also has to tweak the steering dead zone, etc, in the gameplay menu as well.

I'm getting a used Logitech Driving Force Pro for 80 euro. Supposedly used only twice. If it really is in that condition, I should have it by next week.

Try and shop around.. I got a brand spanking new Driving force GT for 75 euros..

^I thought Slovenistan would be cheaper place to buy stuff in than Sweden..

Not for electronics. We have just about the highest prices for that...

... IN THE WORLD!

:(

:comfort:

patch for pc released:
http://needforspeed.com/web/nfs/downloads

The first patch Need for Speed Shift is released! This patch adds two new features: LAN (Local Area Network) play, enhancing the multiplayer experience and mouse support, providing full menu navigation through the game using your PC mouse. This patch is required since September 22nd 2009 for online play.

I have. No new Pros, GT goes for 130 cheapest.

The GT is worth the extra from what I understand. Stronger FFB.

I can't find a T2 Japanese car that I like in Works mode. The RWD ones spin the wheels through 4th gear, and the AWD ones oversteer on corner entry and understeer coming out... guess I better learn to tune.

Last edited:
Well, I just got a few hundred euros for the old carisma (it's finally left the barn), so for 45 euro more, sure, why not?

*orders brand new GT*

:thumbsup:

mh lan modus doesnt work for me and my brother... :(

can create games with the new menu point in "online", but no games visible for us. anyone tried it and got it working?

Just uninstalled this pos.

I really wanted to like this game too. But what can you do when the game is shit.

No the game is bad.. :p
I still somewhat enjoyed it, but I played iRacing today and now i'm done with shift.

Last edited:
It's great, you just suck at it. :p
Well. I consider myself pretty decent in real sim racing games. In those games I might not always win, but atleast in those I can keep the car in control and on the black stuff. But in this game I can barely keep the car pointing forwards on straigths, which to me is a clear indication that something is wrong.

Last edited: