Need For Speed: Shift

Well. I consider myself pretty decent in real sim racing games. In those games I might not always win, but atleast in those I can keep the car in control and on the black stuff. But in this game I can barely keep the car pointing forwards on straigths, which to me is a clear indication that something is wrong.

Physics are way off. Maybe I'm spoiled because I play great sims, but I agree with you on everything.

Physics are way off. Maybe I'm spoiled because I play great sims, but I agree with you on everything.

I play LFS regularly and the games are clearly not comparable, but I have no issues keeping the car on track. Let go of the wheel and the car tracks straight and true. I managed three consecutive laps of the Nurburgring at speed without going off track once, so it can't be that bad. Me thinks people just need to spend some time setting up the controllers properly.

Me thinks people just need to spend some time setting up the controllers properly.
True enough. The problem might of been because of my wheel setup.

But then again, setting up a wheel shouldn't be this hard. I shouldn't have to go through tons of settings that are not really self explanatory. Let alone modify any config files by hand. The game even has a pre-made setup for my wheel, so you would kind of expect the experience to be atleast half way decent.

I agree with geeman...wanted to like it but good god is it crap.

The AI can suck my d***! Stopping ramming into me! And It's set to easy? I can't imagine what hard is like. Also, I hate Autopolis Lakeside!

Last edited:
Okay, now I KNOW the AI is cheating. I just did a series race, and I finished second behind a Zonda R driven by Darin someoneorother. The post-race timing results verified this.

But, the series points standings screen says otherwise. IT says that I was beaten by some Kiyo someoneorother driving an RX-7. He got 12 points, I got 10.

The hell? So the computer just decides who wins and who loses in the series standings. It's totally rigged, unless you win every race.

Also, apparently AI can completely jump the start. I saw the guy in third jump up to first right as the lights began.

At first I thought the racing handling was good in this game, but I just unlocked the Veyron at Nurbgering race, that car's handling is so wrong. It bounces like it's a fucking jack rabbit. I guess there really is no good racing game for PC. Those reviewers who gave it 9/10 probably only played the beginning part of the game.

I guess there really is no good racing game for PC. Those reviewers who gave it 9/10 probably only played the beginning part of the game.

Whafuck? Race07\GTR evo\STCC\and coming soon Race on? iRacing? LFS?
Those are the best racing games around!

At first I thought the racing handling was good in this game, but I just unlocked the Veyron at Nurbgering race, that car's handling is so wrong. It bounces like it's a fucking jack rabbit. I guess there really is no good racing game for PC. Those reviewers who gave it 9/10 probably only played the beginning part of the game.

Might be a bit of a bug, I noticed with the Zonda F would bounce so much it would be uncontrollable on Road America during a race but in time attack it would be fine. It would then be fine in Race mode again, it's a bit random.

Whafuck? Race07\GTR evo\STCC\and coming soon Race on? iRacing? LFS?
Those are the best racing games around!

Sorry, that was a bit too harsh. I should say there are not that many good racing games for PC.

Might be a bit of a bug, I noticed with the Zonda F would bounce so much it would be uncontrollable on Road America during a race but in time attack it would be fine. It would then be fine in Race mode again, it's a bit random.

Yea, it's the same for the Veyron. They messed up the handling physics somehow.

Sorry, that was a bit too harsh. I should say there are not that many good racing games for PC.

That is true, but personally i prefer quality over quantity.. ;)

mh lan modus doesnt work for me and my brother... :(

can create games with the new menu point in "online", but no games visible for us. anyone tried it and got it working?

work flawlessly for me and my brother... probably some firewall crap you got going

Another thing is, the Veyron maxed out at 196mph on 7th gear, wtf?

orly? i was hitting 210, even on the grass

I actually think running around the Nordschleife or Spa with a lower tier car without upgrades is more fun than trying to co-exist with the most murderous AI ever designed in a really fast car.